Update on the partial shipping of vault tech complete packages

Thanks… and ■■■■, going to be many before me.

The first of my orders was October 13 and the last order I made was February 22, and I know I wasn’t day one by any means.

@gallowsCalibrator I think you’re right that the rollout is hurting the game, but given how popular Fallout is, I also suspect that much will be forgiven if the second Wave can be released without delays and complications.

I’m in the same boat, my group were fine with the initial delays, but once they shipping started and we loosely planned for an end of the month learning day, only be delayed again and again and again and again… I wonder at this point if they have shipped so many orders before ours, that they have run out of one of the kits they did have in stock.
I just wish we could be told honestly what is going on, and actually be able to trust what we are told, so many fake assurances and flat lies…

Where did you hear about march 1 pre-order shipping by tomorrow part?

I agree. I don’t think they’ve been lying to us. I think it’s more a case that they are so overwhelmed by everything that’s going on with this massive release that they’re rolling out and things have fallen through the cracks because of it. Add to that some poor communication and it’s got people twitchy.

I think they’d do themselves a favor if they would release an official statement on it every few days. Let us know which kits they’re waiting on. % of orders shipped and to where. Those kinds of things. If we had something tangible to look at that updated regularly, we wouldn’t have nearly as many worried questions.

For me, while I’ve heard elsewhere that this isn’t the case, the last communication I received regarding my orders was on the 29th of last month saying they were splitting my orders and shipping what they DID have starting that week at their own cost for shipping. I’ve heard elsewhere that they changed their mind but I’ve never heard more specifically about my orders. Honestly, I don’t know if my orders are showing up in the next couple of days (Takes about two weeks from the UK to my home when I’ve ordered overseas in the past.) , or if it’s going to be another three weeks or more. I just wish we had better communication about what was going on.

I disagree sorry, at this point they are either lying, deliberately obfuscating the issue, or genuinely have no idea what is happening themselves.
I had Chris clarify what was happening and he said “over half of the vault tec packages did ship last week”, he also clarified that they did in fact, not do the split shipping. I later recieved an email from support stating that my order had not yet shipped despite, as with many others, being on the first day of orders.
I too want them to be transparent about what is happening, to be honest and explain why everything is so mixed up, but they can’t seem to keep a clear answer between themselves.

They’ve said that their support department is a bit overwhelmed at the moment and that it can take a couple of days to get a reply. Besides, one more message to them means it slows things down that much more, and asking for more details isn’t going to get my order here any quicker.

This takes us back to communication again. If they’d been communicating what is going on better, they’d save a lot of time answering questions. An hour or two writing an official statement, plus a few minutes a week to update that would save them days of answering the same question over and over again. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But at the same time, they’ve said this is a learning experience, and they hope to use what they have learned in order to do better in the future. (Sometimes the best way to learn is to figure out what NOT to do. :wink: )

When the next wave comes out, I think I’ll order enough to ensure I get the preorder bonus (Mysterious Stranger) then it’s very likely that I’ll wait to fill out the rest of what I want until the models actually become available and are on hand. I made my first order nearly a year ago now (Well, 11 months), and that’s a long time to have that much money tied up in something.

“Hi Qrow I do know that over half of the vault tec packages did ship last week but there were hundreds so the rest should be done by wednesday - we’re getting some re-stocks in as i mentioned in the email which would allow the balance to go. When we emailed we did say it was starting on the friday and would continue through the week, the items we needed actually arrived on the monday so it started shipping monday last week. With retailers we had to ship also to retailers who pre-ordered for customers during the priority period - it’s hard to control whether they order extra stock and put it on sale, but if we incentivise people to not order through their stores it will kill the line as well.”

This is from Chris in his last reply in here.

I mean I gotta say being in the weird place of being a games producer and consumer I have to speak up In Modiphius’s defense. Shipping waves this size for what I can only imagine to be a 5-10 ware house team is insane logistically.

What the boss says/wants to have happen and what is possible for a small team to hash out while production is also failing deadlines, throws the guessed numbers out the window.

Lies sounds a bit hard, overly hopeful of the outcome is likely closer to the mark.

It’s still frustrating though we all get it. We are all upset Chris and company included I imagine.

1 Like

Hi guys i’m back in the office after the Beasts of War trip tomorrow morning so I’m writing this from the airport. I’ve been getting updates from the warehouse, one of the issues we’re discovering with how the warehouse works is for example:

Customer order no. x loaded, needs starter set, Brotherhood core set and Rad Scorpion Set. Let’s say we’re out of Rad Scorpions till a re-stock. This is the last Brotherhood core set till a re-stock coming the same day as the Rad Scorpions.

Customer order no. x+1 - needs starter set, brotherhood core set. However the available Brotherhood core set is assigned to order X. This order could ship, but the system won’t let it as Order x has priority, even though order x can’t ship till it’s parts come in the same day.

As you can see from the above the automation stops orders shipping out of priority but relies on timely arrival of stock. If there’s delays in items arriving it delays further orders as well.

The team have been working to get those stock shipments moving quicker, and on a regular basis to reduce the blockages but it’s not perfect. If it was a small manual team we could say ‘hey we’ve got what we need for these 100 orders let’s ship those today and the rest when their parts come in’. It is a small team but run by an automated system as it’s a big warehouse with lots of clients so they have to manage their business as best as can be to ensure things are run fairly for customers but as you can see it means you can’t be as flexible. We can’t simply remove the orders blocking that stock from the system as then you can make mistakes, lose orders and so on.

We have been part shipping Vault Tec Bundles so they didn’t have to wait on the Scenic sets that were causing the big delays. Tomorrow morning I’ll get an update on total numbers and where we are with the final shipments. There’s lots more deliveries from the warehouse this week too as they’re preparing for post March1 st orders to go out too.

This is definitely not what we hoped for in the fulfilment and the extra slow pace of the resin production has made us consider more heavily plastics production for future core sets which require the bulk of the production so the resin production could be focused on the expansion sets which have smaller numbers. For example the Institute could be perfect for hard plastic. We’ll be doing a survey once everyone has had their stuff to find out what you think of this. We’re considering a big change to how we approach wave 2 in light of the delays here, as it doesn’t help anyone, and we want to make sure we’re getting new releases in to retail in good time without big gaps and whilst a smaller wave 2 pre-order is more manageable, it might be a straight to retail approach (with some fair online bundles) will help speed things up as we won’t be having to make the entire wave 2 stock at the same time. Given we’ll still be producing Wave 1 in serious quantities this could work well.

This approach would also deal with the issue of retailers launching early as there wouldn’t be a pre-order - and with a month’s or two’s worth of sales data we can probably guess what is required for say the Raiders sets, however a pre-order does give us a heads up whether our numbers are out and we need to say double our production to ensure everyone gets what they ordered so you can never win - no one wants to product double the numbers and be sitting on that stock for months when that investment could be going in to later sets production. This is a massive logic puzzle that we’re gradually solving to see which route keeps the most people happy with the least stress, and keeps the game growing so bear with us.

My apologies for those of you who ordered early and are still waiting, The system ‘should’ have shipped you by this week and tomorrow I’ll be finding out who’s left and when they’re leaving, then how long people are likely to be waiting who ordered after March 1st.

Every time I see someone post they’ve had their stuff it’s a real boost but I know many of you and running out of patience, bear with us in these final days - I know from seeing first hand people’s experience of opening the boxes you’ll love it when they come and I want you to know I’m doing my best to get them all out asap. The data from the end of the pre-order to this date is also being processed at the moment but won’t be fed in to the system until the current orders are all cleared.

5 Likes

So I have a question about this thread, it seems to be saying you are focusing only on the customers who ordered vault tec bundles? When are non vault tec priority orders being shipped?

Thank you for clarifying. There may be a problem with the automation then; if they insist over half have shipped, but others here on the board and I have been informed that ours have not shipped, then they are either shipping out of order or are mistaken.
I was under the impression, as per your posts here, that the scenic sets were in stock as of last monday, and so my confusing stems from being told complete shipping started last monday.
It is unfortunate that I will not see my early order until well past the official street release date

I seriously hope you won’t go with plastics or at least offer a resin set as well for the future sets like you did with the starter set now. I’m mainly a collector/painter, I will play the game of course since it’s awesome, but I will hesitate to buy plastics especially if they’re pre-assembled. I’m not saying anything about the quality of the PVC mini’s from the starter set because I haven’t seen them in real life. I don’t mind paying more or waiting a bit longer for the resin sets though.

Thank you for the refreshingly straight forward post. Much appreciated. For weeks, I’ve been seeing little bits and pieces of responses around, so it’s very nice to see it all in one place for perspective.

Will be looking forward to hearing continued updates.

Hi no all priority orders are being processed, I called out Vault Tec bundles specificially in comments but everything is being processed.

1 Like

Actually it would be hard plastic if we go that would, un-assembled like Resin, but we have to do a LOT of work to explore that option since it could cost a fortune and you can still get it wrong. GW have immense experience, and spent a fortune researching it at the beginning and it shows. We’d likely only do the main core sets in plastic and keep the smaller sets in resin or the sets that can be made cheaper in plastic that might be more expensive in resin.

About 20 hours ago they posted “Tomorrow” and they’ve said from the start that it takes about a day for notifications to appear. That most likely means they will be packaging the last of the preorders in the next few hours, and notices for the last of us should be appearing some time tomorrow.

Of at least that’s how I understand it.

Hi guys unfortunately the warehouse’s system went down today, ‘disconnected from the prime dataserver’ which meant their warehouse software system is unusable but is coming back online shortly. They’ve picking orders to get them ready for tomorrow and I can’t get a proper update till the morning when it’s all back up and running so will do an email update then where we are

let me know and we can hold the order for you if you prefer

A couple of quick questions.

Is it still the case the larger bundles are being part shipped as per the email from two weeks ago?

What the estimated delivery time for the courier based deliveries?