Official Product Wishlist

I’d insta-buy an STA Starfleet Academy supplement without a second thought.
Bonus, if there’s an adapted lifepath-system included to allow player-character cadets to grow into officers but, as freshly commissioned officers don’t have the stats of Captains with years of experience under their belt.

I’m thinking of some kind of “guided” generation in play system that is intertwined with mission generation. Off the top of my head: Missions are “courses” at the academy that are sometimes mandatory and sometimes optional. Prior to any “course” the GM and the players discuss which skills are to be trained within the course and upon completion and/or a dramatically appropriate moment within the mission can increase the skills. The career events (and values, probably) would work as some kind of wildcard. Just a rough idea, but in case anyone is interested, I’d give it a second thought and a more comprehensive writeup.

4 Likes

Rgr that !

(edit; made a new thread so as to not clutter this one up. Aside–maybe it’s time for a new Official wishlist thread. Has this one gotten too busy to be readable?)

1 Like

Would it be more worth breaking a few other reasonable ideas out into their own threads, maybe with their own “wishlist” tag? Half of the comments in here are in response or elaboration, plus yourself and others can give similar “in the meantime” suggestions on how to run things?

I don’t know whether this forum supports it, but if the original post could be pinned to be always readable and @PGoodman13 asked to permit edits by mods (e.g. you), this thread could be kept. :slight_smile:

I’d like to see a new one with an overview of stuff that’s already been suggested and maybe a request that people discuss the ideas in separate threads from now on. Reading just this topic took me quite some time.

1 Like

Any new stuff coming out soon.

I have enjoyed STA stuff so far.

Looks like we are getting a core book version for the Klingons. :smiley:

PDFs now with the Hardback in the Autumn. (I do like a nice hardback for the shelf. PDFs are useful but I am old school)

I hope we will get a Romulan one as well (though maybe next year, there are limits to my RPG budget and it has a lot of strain this year)

Not to burst your bubble, but almost certainly will not get a Romulan core rulebook. I won’t discount the possibility of a dedicated Romulan sourcebook of some sort at some point, but I can’t see a Romulan core being anywhere near in demand enough to warrant the costs.

Find me, oh, 10,000 people who think otherwise and we’ll talk. :smiley:

3 Likes

:pleading_face: Unfortunately my cloning machine and/or bank balance aren’t up to the task of generating 10,000 sales for it to be commercially viable.

To be fair getting a full Klingon core book is more than I was expecting so anything on top is just bonus.

3 Likes

I’d be one, but I certainly realize that those of us who are big enough Romulan fans, while dedicated, probably aren’t numerous enough to warrant the expenditure for you in the current market. Back in the FASA and LUG days, sure, when costs and the publishing business were much different.

I would definitely buy the heck out of a Romulan sourcebook, though, as a Romulan campaign is something I’ve been wanting to do for ages, and have more than enough interested players for.

Still, I’m very happy with this Klingon development, and greatly appreciative. Can’t wait to Blood of the Void take off with it tonight.

It looks very nice - but I don’t think I’ll be splashing out £80 for the collectors edition, pretty as it is!

Romulan sourcebook seconded, along with (please) Cardassians :smiley:

Romulan? Did I hear someone muttering something about Romulans?
Be right back, need to plunder my bank account so I can make those Modiphius guys to shut up and take my money for that Romulan stuff. :slight_smile:

I’d take either the Core (well, I can understand that you’re not gonna do that, sad that it is) or the Supplement variant.

This! :smiley:

I don’t know that I’d pay for a Romulan Sourcebook, but I would pay for a sourcebook about The Typhon Pact.

I would buy Romulan book.

I’d like at least 1 book on each of the major powers that oppose the Federation, just so I can mine them for content to use in writing adventures and campaigns.

1 Like

Well, since we’re getting more klingon products, I could imagine that ‘Star Trek Adventures: New Civilizations. Mission Compendium vol. 3’ (alternatively: “to boldly go”) featured lots of new races to befriend (Federation) or conquer (Klingons). :slight_smile:

Klingon book? There is to be a Klingon book! Sign me up.

And I’d be glad if a Romulan book was to appear…

Honesty, I know a lot of folks, myself included, have been howling for a Klingon sourcebook, but a full-fledged standalone core rulebook for the Empire is an astounding idea. It makes sense: a Klingon campaign is going to be very different in tone and philosophy from a Starfleet campaign, and more than a few folks would rather just play Klingons anyways, so why not just give them their own corebook.

But if we’re really gonna go that route, then let me make a suggestion for the next one: a TOS corebook.

Yeah, I know, the main corebook let’s you play in the Original Series era, but your options are more or less limited. The overwhelming majority of currently published material is set up for TNG, so it would be really cool to see TOS get its own corebook for the same reason it’s so cool to see the Klingons get their own, in that it’s a completely different style of play.

1 Like

I’ll never say never but I don’t see this happening any time soon. LUG did different cores for TOS, TNG, and DS9 and I think it was a mistake. Better to have one core for all Starfleet and do something like era books or series books that connect to that core ruleset and help you focus storytelling for specific eras so that ENT and TOS and TNG etc feel different from each other, but all use the same ruleset.

6 Likes