Official Product Wishlist

There’s a fairly decent fan-written sourcebook for the Cardies for Icon (I was one of the contributors), but the official one (I believe it was intended to be called Iron & Ash) would have been awesome. I know it was written, but unlike a lot of other unfinished material for the game, it was never released by the writers.

There are about 4 chapters of the Klingong book available, but not enough to do much with :frowning:

I would second the request for at least a book or two for non-Starfleet campaigns - both other empires (an all-in-one sounds like a plan - the quadrant books can fill in the gaps) and for civilians and criminals…

Oh, and PDF only is fine by me.

2 Likes

I’d be totally happy with PDF-only format for books Modiphius doesn’t think will sell well enough in hardcopy.

This discussion actually reminds me of another question I’ve been wondering about lately. Previous games, like LUG, for example, were able to expand greatly on canon lore. Not doing anything that contradicted canon at the time, but to fill in the blanks, as it were, and expanded the universe by orders of magnitude (it felt to me, anyway). While I love everything Modiphius is doing, it seems much…stricter…in scope than what I’m used to from previous Trek RPGs. Is that because CBS won’t let you? Or is it a decision on Modiphius part to just “stick with what’s on screen,” more or less?

Little bit of both, really. CBS and the approvals team is understandably very protective of their IP and we are respectful of that and of the IP as well. We don’t want to go down the road like previous licensees and make up a ton of non-canonical content that may be rejected and may risk our relationship with CBS. We’ve been able to play around with some content here and there and make reference to some non-canonical things, such as the Luna-class vessel and other materials, but we’ve been careful to not go overboard. We have 50+ years worth of canonical information to explore that I don’t expect to make up a ton of stuff just to pad pages and content.

3 Likes

I agree. It isn’t the 1980s anymore when Paramount forced the writers of new Star Trek novels to use FASA’s Star Trek RPG as source. (Or when WEG not only kept a franchise alive by publishing an RPG for it but also filled most of the blanks layed the foundation for things to come.)

The tiles for Conan and some of our other games work great for away missions.

5 Likes

I understand, and I certainly respect that. It’s probably the best approach these days, and it’s working so far.

I wouldn’t call what LUG and the others did “padding,” though… especially when Enterprise writers brought aspects of Andorian culture that LUG created, among other things, into the episodes. We wouldn’t have the ushaan without it.

2 Likes

especially the Infinity ones if you want alien city etc

3 Likes

When did that happen?

So, if the Animated Star Trek is not official canon, we won’t be seeing Caitian or Edoan miniatures any time soon?

But I would like to see some TOS style Klingons though! I can get by with the Romulans with a paint job but not the Klingons. (and get rid of the #%#@ bat’leths!)

The animated series is canon, and considering Modiphius’ line of books have already included stats for Catians and Edosians, I’d say minis aren’t unlikely.

what are the odds of the lisence being expanded to let you guys do stuff with discovery and Picard?

That’s an awesome idea!

I’d like to wish for artwork containing non-females wearing the TNG skant uniform or an appropriate derivate, because we should not wait for the 24th century until people are allowed to wear anything they’re comfortable with. :smiley:

1 Like

I would like to see a designated Tactical Officer character role. Maybe in the book with all the space-frames? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want another “Player Characters” collection with Ro Laren, Nog, Reginald Barclay, Wesley Crusher, Katherine Pulaski, and other prominent recurring characters (even if they are statted as supporting characters).

4 Likes

Not sure where else to ask, but is there somewhere to go where there’s a list of upcoming releases? I mean, I know Delta Quadrant is coming sometime, but having a least a tentative idea of what’s in the works, or rough release dates for the next, say, six months or so… Just a “coming soon” list.

So that was a surprise, seeing the Delta Quadrant book appear on DriveThru and the store here.

1 Like

Can confirm - I have my copy :sunglasses:

Nope. Modiphius is careful with announcements. Beyond the Delta book, which released today, none of the forthcoming STA products have been announced yet (except the ENT crew pack, which is in the works and on hold due to Timelines being sold to another company).

1 Like

Well, that’s quite an understatement, isn’t it? :slight_smile: You even stopped giving out planned release-dates, as we learned today.

But I take that there actually are further STA products forthcoming?