Various painted robots & more

So today I decided to try out one of my Citadel contrast paints on a Dogmeat miniature. It only took about seven minutes for me to get a way better base layer than I ever would have with my usual set of paints in any amount of time.

Here’s the finished doggo:

I’m absolutely amazed at how well the eyes turned out considering I had no idea what dog eyes even looked like until I searched it up a few hours ago.

4 Likes

Those eyes look great!

1 Like

BoS Paladin. I’ve deemed it necessary that in order to entice me to play the game more, I should paint more BoS guys for me to fight against, since I haven’t really painted any since the patrol box last year. Four units is a bit to small of a force for me to run a fun fight against. I’ve decided to jump right in and get the T-60 models out of the way, since those will probably be the most fun to use in a battle.

Fun fact: the silver T-60 on the left was the 7th miniature I’ve ever painted. The Paladin I finished tonight is currently the 38th.

5 Likes

Oh wow, I love the markings on those. Great work :+1:

1 Like

Nice job on the Paladin’s wrist symbol and darker armour colour!

1 Like

Wow, these are amazing! I especially like the jump from 7th mini to your 38th! They look fantastic!

1 Like

Paladin Danse. I think I used too much blue wash on the armor, and he turned out much darker than the other BoS paladin I did.

My apologies for not uploading anything these past few months, I’ve been rather busy with Animal Crossing and homework. I’ve got two more T-60 models to paint so hopefully I can get those done before the Enclave wave comes out and I inevitably wind up devoting my full attention to painting those.

6 Likes

I like the conversion for him, a head swap is a great way to get a different pose to change things up a bit :slight_smile:

No need to apologise for not uploading much recently, we’ve all got other things in our life besides this hobby :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing those other T60 suits painted!

1 Like

Any tips on how you did that minigun conversion? I’m hoping to do something similar with a set of T51-B.

1 Like

I just took the hands (and the left arm I think) from the crouching T-60 model from the smaller BoS patrol squad pack. The minigun is from Ack-Ack’s model, of course.

I cut out gaps in the minigun’s model that were big enough to squeeze the power armor gloves into, you can kinda tell where in these pics here. Just make sure you can figure out a position for the hands and arms where the model can comfortably and sturdily hold the minigun, and you should be good.

4 Likes

Pariah Dog from Fallout 2

I had tried to add in those scratches and cuts on the previous dog, but they didn’t show up so well, probably cause the coat came out too dark to really make out any detail. This time around, I decided to leave the coat a little lighter, and I think it worked out good. The eyes didn’t turn out nearly as good though.

4 Likes

I like how you used the tuft to give a little bit of variety to the look of the base, so it’s easier to differentiate the two when relevant (in addition to the subtle differences in tone for the two dogs).

1 Like

Ronnie Shaw. I always thought she had a very boring design, so I decided to do two things different to try to spice her up a bit. First was I gave her a darker colored uniform as opposed to just the boring old OD green fatigues she wears in game. The second is the gauss rifle I swapped her laser musket out for. It was originally one of Anvil Industry’s “tesla rifles”, but I cut the tube off and glued on the crank handle from Ronnie’s original laser musket and a muzzle from one of the super mutant pipe rifles. It wound up looking absolutely stunning, and I think the lens of the scope in particular really ties the whole piece together.

Her face wound up looking a lot younger than I intended, which I guess is neat too.

6 Likes

She looks great and I love the Gauss rifle conversion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant conversion work!

1 Like

Leather raider #1. It’s a shame we only got three of these leather jacket models, cause they look really good. Leather jackets are pretty integral to fallout and wasteland fashion in general, you see them being worn by basically everyone in the first two games. I think one or two additional models later down the road would be a welcome addition.

The jeans were pretty hard to do since I didn’t have just a regular old denim-colored blue paint on hand, and I can’t exactly go get one since everything is still supposed to be closed down on account of covid. I had to paint a layer of my blue wash over a near-white base to get the proper color, which wound up being really annoying to try to do since my blue wash never spreads out very well, and I kept finding little patches of white that the blue wash apparently didn’t feel like covering, so I had to re-apply tiny individual drops of the blue, and smear it in such a way that it didn’t stand out from the rest of the pants. The end result, after applying the brown wash afterwards, looks really good in my opinion. That blue wash is just so much of a hassle to use though.

4 Likes

Yeah, the only thing we’re missing for the perfect FO1 / FO2 post-apoc leather jacket look would be 1990s ginormous shoulder pads! :smiley: Seriously, though, I I love the retro “motorcycle cop” leather jackets as post-apocalyptic wear. It makes me wish I could have a model of the FO2 Highwayman to put a leather-jacket-wearing raider next to, to complete the look.

1 Like

Light artillery cannon from Wizkids. I finally caved in and bought a pair after seeing them as part of the huge shelves of Wizkids stuff I see at my local game shop. Always thought they’d make nice terrain bits, or even as actual artillery you could use in-game. Kinda wanna go track down a howitzer model for something a bit more up to date, now that I think about it.

4 Likes

Well, it looks great and isn’t a far stretch… Museums from FO3, the flying boat from FO4 (I forget the name) or the civil war Fort from FO76 (probably get in trouble for mentioning this one :wink:) could all be sources for a scavenged cannon like this.

1 Like

Leather raider no. 2

ok y’all, tell me I’m not the only one who sees the continuity in the bases of some of these raider minis

5 Likes