Various painted robots & more

I actually thought the X-01 was holding a gauss rifle. Huh.

That’s what I thought as well.

Likewise! :confused:

really nice!!

I’ve finally sat down and painted my Shi raider. This is my first foray into painting patterns. Obviously I’ve done the gold dragon on the armor, but I also tried to do a plaid pattern on the pants, as well as a special pattern on the boots.

IMG_2727 IMG_2715 IMG_2720 IMG_2721 IMG_2732 IMG_2716
I think I did the plaid pattern with too dark of a base color, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to use it here since I liked the shade of burgundy too much.

Here are the reference screenshots I took of the Shi armor skin, so you know what I based it off of.

20190618021131_1
I dunno how many of you guys are big into CRPGs, but I’ve been spending a lot of time on this one called Underrail. It’s really good, I’d definitely recommend it if anyone here is a big fan of FO 1&2. Anyways, the boots I gave this miniature are based off of these here special fast boots I crafted myself in Underrail. The sprite for them just look really cool, and I thought I might try to sneak them into one of my miniatures somehow. I think it turned out really good myself, even if it might clash a bit with the rest of the outfit.
theseboots
And finally, here’s the rest of what I’m currently working on. I’m painting those two Protectrons in honor of some friends of mine, and I figure they’ll just be quick easy ones to paint in between working on homework this quarter. That’s all, I guess.
IMG_2740

4 Likes

The red and gold together look awesome! The plaid pattern is a bit difficult to spot with how dark it is, but agreed on it being a beautiful shade of burgundy. Will you do a gang of Shi raiders or just the one do you think? :slight_smile:

Cool, I really like that colour scheme!

I’ll probably do the rest of the metal armored models as Shi raiders. Don’t really have any brighter ideas for them tbh.

1 Like

Here’s the first Protectron from the batch I’ve finished. I think I might do the other one as Fisto instead, not sure though yet.

And here’s a surprise Settler Sharpshooter! The face on this one is far from the best I’ve done, on account of some difficulties gluing those goggle bits on, but I think the rest of the mini turned out okay at least. I wasn’t a big fan of the base model’s hair length, so I gave mine a bit of a haircut.

That’s about it for now, more to come soon.

6 Likes

Looking good, your protectrons are always great! :slight_smile:
Really liking the sharpshooter, it’s only a small difference to the base model bu really works :+1: Can I ask where the goggles came from?

Can I ask where the goggles came from?

I cut little tiny circles off of what I think was the thin part of the model’s sprue. The tiny rod connecting the rifle to the base, I believe. Total pain to try to glue onto the face, those tiny circles are incredibly easy to lose.

4 Likes

Oh wow, that is amazing…I thought you’d just found somewhere that sold tiny little goggles! :hushed:

1 Like

Great bit of customising!

1 Like

Are the glowing ghouls green out of the box? Can you go into detail on how you painted them-loving this thread

those are the green see through ones available at shows Modiphius is at and on the webstore when these shows are on

Yeah, what TheOldBadger said, they’re the event-exclusive ghouls that they put for sale on their website whenever they attend conventions and stuff. I think you just missed them putting them up for their trip to Essen, unfortunately.

The base models are molded in a transparent green plastic, pictured on the left. I mostly used the three Citadel paints pictured in the background.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/b/b3/Fo4-putrid-glowing-one.png/revision/latest?cb=20170422230153
I went by this picture here and used watered-down layers of the WAAAGH! Flesh green on the darker areas of the ghoul’s skin, and darkened the rest with the Biel-Tan green wash, making sure to avoid the bulbous bits as much as I could. I used the Moot green to highlight the eye sockets and the mouth, along with some basic white paint.

1 Like

30th November is your next chance this year during Dragonmeet in London which Modiphius hosts

They are the same ones in the new boxed sets of mixed ghouls ? That is a really great job

they do a special version during some events which are clear resin instead of white, they also do a set of coursers and they’ll be available during Dragonmeet on the 30th November this year both on the webstore and at the event

Finally, the X-01 is done. The base alone took me three hours.

Painting this model has been an absolute blast. I fell in love with the X-01/Enclave Power Armor design almost as soon as I started playing the games. It’s just so unique and alien. It hits all the right buttons, I guess. What blew me away the most in Fallout 76 was the default paint job you got when you crafted it, because the colorscheme is extremely similar to that of my favorite character from my favorite game of all time, Scorch from Star Wars Republic Commando:
It might’ve been just pure coincidence, but it just came together too perfectly for me to not desperately want to pay homage to it. Needless to say I’ve been eagerly awaiting the X-01 model ever since FoWW was announced.

On a different note, I’ve been trying to build up a ‘party’ of specialized models, but I can’t think of who to add to this to make it a better rounded team. Maybe you guys could help me think of some models/characters to add to flesh out the party some more?

I think I’m gonna take a short break from painting for a bit after this, just so I don’t get burnt out or anything.

9 Likes