Modiphius.com  |  Modiphius Shop

Various painted robots & more

It’s a slightly thicker wash with some sand grains mixed into it, I think it’s designed to capture the look of like, industrial grease or something. I’ve found it’s really easy to go overboard with it and lose a lot of detail by applying too much. The blue and yellow paint applications on FISTO were originally much brighter before I applied the Typhus Corrosion:

I really didn’t like how dark and grungy he turned out, so just now I went back and touched up on the blue, and I think I’ve managed to fix it:

4 Likes

Ok, I liked him before but after the touch up he does look a lot better! Fantastic work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah got it, so something to apply in patches/recesses where it’s most rusted, rather than as an all over wash perhaps?

He does look better touched up actually :slight_smile: I especially like the yellow trim on his head!

1 Like

I think the Citadel rust tutorial video has you paint a layer of the Typhus Corrosion underneath whatever you’re applying the drybrush orange to. In general though, I’d just stick to specific recesses, yeah.

Enslaved Tech, sporting a fresh pair of those checkerboard Vans

And for funsies, here’s a compilation picture of all the models I painted in 2019:

4 Likes

I love how colourful your collection is!

1 Like

Thanks! I try not to be too dark and gritty with my painting, so I like to not hold back when it comes to using brighter colors. It’s funny, cause I also criticize Fallout 4’s art direction for being too colorful. Maybe I just don’t like the palette they used for it.

Mysterious Stranger. Easiest miniature to paint I’ve done thus far.

I wanted to try something new with the base this time. If you can tell, I slipped some of my ‘smoke’-colored clear paint I used for Curie’s eye lenses into the cracks in the bricks on the base, and on some of the divots on the pavement. The idea here is that it’s supposed to be little pools of water from a recent rainfall.

Unfortunately, putting my clear coat I use over the transparent paint seems to dull the shine it has, so I had to leave those spots unprotected.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how different people have different preferences for things like that though. For me personally, the colourful artstyle of Fallout 4 was one of the things that got me hooked into the franchise, and something I miss when I try to play the older games. But then when I’m painting, I tend to lean towards slightly muted or pastel colours, rather than bright bold ones :slight_smile:

I really like the idea of the pools of water in the recesses! Adds an extra element to the scenic base

1 Like

I like the dark color scheme. I may have to get an extra figure to paint this way.

1 Like

So today I decided to try out one of my Citadel contrast paints on a Dogmeat miniature. It only took about seven minutes for me to get a way better base layer than I ever would have with my usual set of paints in any amount of time.

Here’s the finished doggo:

I’m absolutely amazed at how well the eyes turned out considering I had no idea what dog eyes even looked like until I searched it up a few hours ago.

3 Likes

Those eyes look great!

1 Like

BoS Paladin. I’ve deemed it necessary that in order to entice me to play the game more, I should paint more BoS guys for me to fight against, since I haven’t really painted any since the patrol box last year. Four units is a bit to small of a force for me to run a fun fight against. I’ve decided to jump right in and get the T-60 models out of the way, since those will probably be the most fun to use in a battle.

Fun fact: the silver T-60 on the left was the 7th miniature I’ve ever painted. The Paladin I finished tonight is currently the 38th.

4 Likes

Oh wow, I love the markings on those. Great work :+1:

1 Like

Nice job on the Paladin’s wrist symbol and darker armour colour!

1 Like

Wow, these are amazing! I especially like the jump from 7th mini to your 38th! They look fantastic!

1 Like

Paladin Danse. I think I used too much blue wash on the armor, and he turned out much darker than the other BoS paladin I did.

My apologies for not uploading anything these past few months, I’ve been rather busy with Animal Crossing and homework. I’ve got two more T-60 models to paint so hopefully I can get those done before the Enclave wave comes out and I inevitably wind up devoting my full attention to painting those.

5 Likes

I like the conversion for him, a head swap is a great way to get a different pose to change things up a bit :slight_smile:

No need to apologise for not uploading much recently, we’ve all got other things in our life besides this hobby :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing those other T60 suits painted!

1 Like

Any tips on how you did that minigun conversion? I’m hoping to do something similar with a set of T51-B.

1 Like

I just took the hands (and the left arm I think) from the crouching T-60 model from the smaller BoS patrol squad pack. The minigun is from Ack-Ack’s model, of course.

I cut out gaps in the minigun’s model that were big enough to squeeze the power armor gloves into, you can kinda tell where in these pics here. Just make sure you can figure out a position for the hands and arms where the model can comfortably and sturdily hold the minigun, and you should be good.

3 Likes

Pariah Dog from Fallout 2

I had tried to add in those scratches and cuts on the previous dog, but they didn’t show up so well, probably cause the coat came out too dark to really make out any detail. This time around, I decided to leave the coat a little lighter, and I think it worked out good. The eyes didn’t turn out nearly as good though.

4 Likes

I like how you used the tuft to give a little bit of variety to the look of the base, so it’s easier to differentiate the two when relevant (in addition to the subtle differences in tone for the two dogs).

1 Like