SHD_Umbra's progress thread - Miniatures and Scenery

I always loved the adobe style homes in the early Fallout games. Those look great.

Yup, they’re cheap and simple table fillers. Each set was £12. The photo is of one set.

The second set I have has five single story Adobe buildings, three sets of courtyard walls, a lean-to shack and 3 sets of solar panels.

The third set I have is a 3 story apartment style building with garages on the ground floor and an external staircase to go with it.

They’re such a bargain I’m going to get more sets next month. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Set 2 built. :grin:

4 Likes

Set 3 complete. It appears there’s been a mix up and I got the wrong 3 story building - this one has one ground floor garage and no external staircase, but it’s still awesome and an absolute bargain. And I can still use it. I’m tempted to get another couple of these buildings and turn the ground floor into a store or pub by changing around the doors and windows.

One thing I’m going to do with all these is cover them in brick papers rather than paint them, as they need to be double use for both Fallout and another miniatures game I play that I use to run a game themed around Tom Clancy’s The Division, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon.

2 Likes

Final update for tonight; another raider finished. This guy has an Anvil Industries riot shield fitted with IEDs for extra oomph. I’m thinking of making house rules for him but that’s for another day.

5 Likes

I was looking at adding riot shields to one of mine, this is definitely pushing me towards it. It looks great :grinning:
Looking forward to seeing the building painted up!

1 Like

All those buildings should make an impressive tabletop together!

1 Like

Ask, and ye shall receive!

5 Likes

Must be near the ocean, . . . . looks like a giant orange squid is ready to start pulling unsuspecting victims off the play area.

Seriously though, love the terrain pieces, looks to me like the adobe buildings are going to make for some really great settlement setups.

3 Likes

That looks brilliant fun to game on. Looks like you could easily just set up some creatures and raiders at random, with the Sole Survivor starting on top of the vault entrance, and do a scenario about entering the wasteland for the first time!

2 Likes

Almost finished Aviator, just the base and pistol grips on his guns left.

As a named character I thought he deserved to stand out, so I gave him armour made from a salvaged Nuka Cola truck. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome work!

Not sure why I never thought of using signs and such for armor pieces. Great idea!

1 Like

The bright red colour should really help him stand out!

1 Like

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

Regarding the adobe kits and gaming table, I’m totally going to do a narrative campaign from vault to settlement, so to speak. I wanted plenty of buildings so I could create urban boards similar to the downtown Boston sections of Fallout 4

On that note, I picked up this one from the same eBay seller as the last few I posted - it’s intended as an Afghan compound for modern wargames, but my plan is to turn it into an NYC themed hospital or clinic that’s under quarantine - for use in my Clancyverse narrative campaign using the Spectre Operations rules.

For the photo, Aviator and his super mutants are storming the place whilst Nuka-Nate and his Raider crew try to defend it. :grin:

5 Likes

Really love the Avitor. Wish I had a steady enough hand to do that kind of thing with my own models.

The heavily urban feeling of the downtown areas in Fallout 4 is what I’m wanting to recreate as well, though it seems you’ve got a much better number of buildings for it! I think I’ve got the techniques for doing brick buildings down, it’s mostly the more atom-punk/futuristic buildings that I’m trying to figure out at the moment

There’s a lot of Infinity terrain that could be used to kitbash the more out-there buildings from Fallout, imo.

Fantastic work on the Aviator :slight_smile:
I’ve never thought of looking at Infinity terrain for Fallout! time for me to start having a look at kits, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Be sure to share your efforts with us!

There’s a few companies that do Necromunda terrain too that would be great for something like the Corvega Factory or Saugus Ironworks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aviator is finished, and also has some backup!

All are PVC models from the starter set.

7 Likes