Niks FO:WW Miniatures

Hi all just wanted to share my painting with everyone. Certainly not award winning but they please me. I’ve only just got back into WW and I must say I’m certainly enjoying it the second time round. Feedback is always welcome. Thank you.

3 Likes

Some scratch built scenery I recently finished (scratch built aside from the workbenches that is lol) Quite happy with how it turned out really

11 Likes

Very well done!

1 Like

Cheers mate :blush:

That looks amazing! Love the work you’ve done on this. Lovely texture and it all just looks so natural.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Half the settlers box complete this week. Just on with the named characters now and then they are ready to head out into the wasteland :blush:

5 Likes

The colours and textures you’ve done are awesome, they really capture the Fallout vibe!

1 Like

Cheers mate. Your work is awesome too. I need to get some more scenery for my game’s though. I know the wasteland is barren but my board may as well just be the mat I play on lol

1 Like

Thanks! And yeah scenery and terrain really make a difference for this game I’ve found, otherwise it tends to heavily favour shooting models that can just hit everything from far away

What’s your thoughts on the quantity of scenery @Alaiteir ? I’m using the red rocket set plus the 3x3 mat. I’ve built a couple of building to add to the garage and also got the barricades from modiphius too. Not really sure how much more I need as usually I play another system

Here’s some more scenery I scratch built. Takes me to three buildings now for the wasteland

4 Likes

I generally try to have a solid mix of line of sight blocking terrain and things that can provide cover, but I also try to take the narrative into account. If I want to imagine the event is happening in downtown boston then I aim for lots of buildings, if it’s more rural then perhaps forests and abandoned waste. I tend to play narrative, rather than competitive, games of it though, so I’m not sure what the best balance would be from that point of view

Cool cheers @Alaiteir. I also tend to play narrative as I’m not to keen on competitive play anymore. Appreciate your thoughts mate

1 Like

Last of the survivors core set finished this aft. Just in time to crack on with some more scenery now :blush:

5 Likes

That was quick painting! They look great too!

1 Like

Cheers mate

1 Like

Those are some beautiful gradient effects - I love the dusky, subdued colors!

I really appreciate how it looks old and sand-blasted, but not outright neglected. That is, this looks like it could be a post-apocalyptic-but-presently-inhabited (or at least RECENTLY inhabited) dwelling, where some amount of care is taken with the (old, worn) supplies – versus how in Fallout 4 I feel like the modelers got a bit lazy and there’s hardly any distinction between the abandoned ruins, and the lived-in ones (the first “Drumlin Diner” being a prime example of that problem, IMHO).

The method of building up the ground texture is really interesting. I can practically feel spackle-paste being scraped onto the baseplate with a trowel. (Actually, now that makes me wonder if that same method would work for portraying snowy habitats. I might have to try that sometime.)

1 Like

Cheers mate much appreciated

Finished off another couple of box sets this week. Super mutants core set and the unusual allies set. Just waiting on my robots arriving now :slight_smile:

4 Likes