Science Division supplement

It’s not there yet? Good God, Modiphius, get on the ball with this! Only Starfleet’s crack security personnel can save Australians from their own homicidal ecosystem.

1 Like

I got an email that the pre order is live!! …for the new borg cube :pensive:

Not to diss the cube, I’m just itching to look at that science book!! It’s still supposed to be this month, yes? We’re halfway though…still watching for it…

Yes, that cube email was a little annoying on several levels. Not only wasn’t it for the science supplement, but it also presented a product that contains more, and costs less than the drone bundle that I bought right back near the start of this games release… bit of a kick in the teeth

1 Like

I’m not outright knocking the new Borg Collector set… Though;

Having already purchased things piecemeal, the idea of repurchasing all of the books, most of the PDFs, the dice, as well as the GM Screen bundle, would be a terrible investment. Great for anyone who has yet to buy-in, but for myself, the pretty cardboard cube and some tokens, does not make sense.

It would have been great, however, if there had been a less pricey “Upgrade Kit” version, that only included as yet unpublished materials and the Cube–that would have caught my attention.

Yeah, I’d like to have seen an upgrade option to any existing purchase that added the box and the GM screen (which does seem to have been distinctive to the Cube).

There was no way I could have afforded even the drone set when it came out, and I went for a different preorder bundle in the end (core + pdfs), but I would still have liked the cube box!

Unfortunately, this kind of thing does happen with Modiphius: limited edition items suddenly reappear due to demand and are sometimes cheaper than the originals or go immediately to sale (mutter, mutter Achtung! Cthulhu bag…) Seriously, it’s good for those that need to catch-up but not so good for those already in!

Science Book news today?

Only 7 (basically 6) days left in January. @Modiphius-Sam, @Modiphius-Jim or @Modiphius-SteveH, could we maybe be treated to a wink at time period for when we might at least get a hint towards when it’s possible this supplement might drop? If you can follow my drift there…

1 Like

:man_facepalming: You forgot the wink, wink, nudge,nudge there, @mattcapiche. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw a countdown timer at one of the uk suppliers sites, was pointing at the end of march. I’ll see if I can find it again and link.

Edit: Wayland games, https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/star-trek-adventures/60235-star-trek-adventures-science-division-supplementary-rulebook

Also looks to have a catian on the cover, so official now maybe?

58 days or so

That’d be fine if the books ship out then, so long as I can download my pdf within the next few days!

2 Likes

If this is correct and they’re letting retailers know, I’d imagine it wont be too long until an announcement. I hope at least

Being heavily teased on Twitter today. I assume across other platforms as well

The no pre-order idea seems… interesting…

By whom?
Why can’t we have it already :worried:

This is the first really big stumble they’ve had with the line…but it is a big stumble. Their handling of the other books, and more importantly their interaction and communication with their fans/customers, was splendid.

This has been the opposite. There has been nothing but frustration on this one, and it’s not positively influencing how people … especially those of us who shelled out for preorders … feel about the line or the company.

We don’t want to be teased. We want actual information.

2 Likes

Just seen your tweet and Facebook post, Modiphius, you’re being a tease now! :joy:

I asked this once and never received an answer.

Why would you change a model that appears to have been working for you?

1 Like

And what exactly is the change?

February 19th

Yea. :slight_smile:

Of course that Missions PDF on the 7th seems like a tease too… where can I find info about that? :slight_smile:

Granted, according to that calender, there is a question mark at the end, so that may not be the actual date…