Rough timeline to printed books

I’m sure I am not the only one on this forum who is a fan of Modiphius’ Conan line. Absolutely top-notch products. I purchased all physical copies and am obviously hoping to get the next offerings in the series, i.e. SCOUT, ADVENTURER, and WANDERER.

Recognizing the COVID pandemic has complicated our lives (including those of the businesses we want to support!), do we have any idea as to when these books will be printed and therefore available for purchase as physical copies?

3 Likes

+1 to this. I am in the process of collecting all the books, and am also interested in the schedule. PDF’s don’t do it for me… I want physical books! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I like pdf for quick searches but the books for reading. I have been checking every now and then too for the Scout, Wanderer, and Adventurer.

1 Like

Good to see (read) I am not the only one jazzed about those physical copies.

I do not shower praise easily but as someone who has been playing RPGs for 30 years, I am really impressed with the quality of this product line. Even if I did not play the game (and I do ; it’s one of my favorites), I would probably still purchase the line as this is clearly a labor of love and a well crafted tribute to the source material. I think Robert E. Howard would be proud !

At this point, even a rough ETA would be tremendously helpful ; Modiphius? Please? :wave:

1 Like

+1 to the plea for estimation for the prints. Need to prepare my wallet. :smiley:

Yes, add me to this list! How soon can we get them please?

I recognize I am relatively new to this forum but is it wrong of me to hope someone from Modiphius will respond to this reasonable query?

They have replied to similar questions before. Last I heard there remains no solid dates for any of the upcoming tangible copies. They have however released as far as Conan the King at this point.

1 Like

Thanks ROURONI. I have not seen those posts from Modiphius so I appreciate the response.

Edit: I just checked Modiphius shopping, and I’m surprised to see PDF only of Conan the King for sale. Moreover, the tiles that repeatedly have been reported as back in print still are noted as “Out of Stock.” I must conclude that the pandemic continues to pose significant production and shipping obstacles? I’m afraid I have been unhelpful.

I get periodic emails about what is being published. I see one can get on a mailing list at the bottom of the linked page.

Based on the backer PDFs coming in, I’m guessing next up for print is Kull of Atlantis.

+1 to this

Yeah; I’m in the same camp, though by a roundabout path. Last year I bought all the hardcovers up through Brigand. But I moved for a 1 year job and couldn’t find anyone who wanted to play Conan. My regular group prefers variants of old school D&D, especially Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea. So I traded all my beautiful Conan books for other stuff. Fast forward to this spring and we pretty much wrapped up the other campaigns and suddenly people were interested in Conan, but only if we used AS&SH as the base system. So I sold a bunch of other RPG stuff online and used the money to re-buy all the Conan books, except for Ancient Ruins, which looks to be unavailable everywhere except from Modiphius now. Then I realized there are five new books, but only in pdf as of now. So I’d love to know when these are dropping in physical form. And do we get the full credit of the pdf towards hard copies if we order from Modiphius directly, or just a discount on the hard copies? I’m in the US so shipping and wait times might be really long if I go that direct route.

On the plus side, I have more time to continue my conversions to AS&SH. It’s easier than I thought it might be since that game is also heavily inspired by REH and HPL. And I’ve found a way to incorporate doom and momentum, which I think is a particularly interesting aspect of the Modiphius system.

Thanks for any insights!

I might be hijacking this thread now, but in response to your 2d20 to d20 conversion…

I’m sure you’re well aware that before Modiphius’s 2d20 Conan there was Mongoose’s d20 Conan. The Mongoose books can be pretty pricey secondhand, and, if you don’t already have them, I’m sure you don’t need them anyway. But there’s a free conversion guide that you may have seen. May be useful to reverse engineer from 2d20 to d20.

Thanks! I have that, but our system in fact predates the d20 system, which I personally loathe, though I like (and own) some of the Mongoose supplements for their lore & fluff. AS&SH is essentially a house-ruled adaptation of 1e AD&D, which is what us grognards prefer to play. If I could find a game of 2d20 Conan as a player, I’d definitely join up to see how it plays, but I’m way too shaky on the mechanics to ever try and run it myself. I’ve already worked up a pretty good way to port this over to AS&SH, that will still incorporate many elements of this game, including Doom & Momentum.

Sooooo… it’s been 2 months since my original post and still no word from MODIPHIUS on a rough ETA to hardbacks actually being printed for the remaining PDFs… A little frustrated with the lack of communication to be honest, especially since I am seeing activity on other fora.

I am all for supporting the publisher here (especially since the material is really of great quality) but I am not willing to pay for things twice, i.e. PDF and then hardbacks. This means some of us are essentially in a ‘holding pattern’ at this point, waiting for some news around the release of the ‘dead tree’ versions of those last few books (King, Scout, Adventurer, Wanderer).

Please MODIPHIUS, feed us some info, even if it’s not all good… some info is better than no info at this point… :wink:

Thanks for considering!

Supposedly you get a voucher/credit towards the hard copy if you buy the pdf first. They said this applies when ordered from them and from Drivethru. I finally broke down and got the pdfs from drive thru, but I didn’t see any special code. I’m hoping my receipt will suffice. But if you have to pay shipping it may not be worth it, since most of the online places here in the US will sell the basic hardcovers for around $18 and you’ll have much lower shipping costs.

Froggy, I’m checking into it.

Hyrkanium, if you don’t have a code, simply contact support@modiphius.com with proof of purchase and they’ll get you taken care of. You will be charged shipping, the same as you would had you ordered the print copy first.

Good to hear; the pdfs are fine but these books are so nice that I have to get them in hard copy.

They are being delivered to backers first, so we probably will have to wait until september/october for the whole batch that was recently released as PDF to be available in the store. Not a problem for me… will be able to catch up with the data load in Realm Works :smiley: