Player’s and Gamemaster’s Guides

Easier to read and use is a personal preference. For myself I find the larger book size to be easier to use/read

Yeah, I also find bigger books easier at the table. It takes me a lot longer to find what I’m looking for in smaller books because of the amount of information per page. Digest size is better for bedtime reading though!

I suspect when it comes to size, there’s no way of pleasing everyone. People read and game in different ways, so have lots of different constraints that are often completely opposite to one another.

And I should note that I do absolutely love everything else about the GMG and PG. The covers are fantastic, the new layout is a lot easier to read (however much I like the old LCARS formatting) and the content is really going to help take my games to the next level.

@Maddrjeffe @Modiphius-Jim Where did you get those dice-cases? Those are REALLY cool!
The one @Maddrjeffe has looks industrially produced while the one @Modiphius-Jim has looks hand-crafted. Are there instructions anywhere on the web…?

I instantly fell in love with these cases…!

Edit: I found out why I have not yet received a note that my PG/DMG shipped. Shipping will wait for the Tricorder Set (which is actually good, cause it saves costs and resources!). :slight_smile:

I got mine off etsy. I remember seeing a 3d print STL sort of thing out there on the interwebs at one point, but have no idea where it is. Maybe a discord channel or something.

They are pretty… but I just did a quick hunt for these and saw the price for the wooden version :astonished:.

There’s a 3d STL file on Thingiverse, but I have no access to a printer :frowning:

Most big cities have 3D print stores that’ll 3D print something based on files you send them. They might not be cheap, though.

Not so common outside London in the UK, but it might be worth a look… Thanks!

@Astronut You might want to have a look at this list of makerspaces in public libraries gov.uk compiled for you. Places (often run by small NGOs / non-profits) that make tools like CNC mills and 3D-printers available or generally focus on crafting/making things for fun often go by “maker space” or “FabLab”. The UK is the country where the Raspberry Pi was invented, I’m pretty sure that there are more cities with flourishing hacker/maker communities than just London. :wink:

That being said: I kinda derailed this thread, my sincerest apologies. :slight_smile:

Something that just occured to me: On p. 230 of the Player’s Guide, a Value of Christopher Pike is revealed. Yet, I have not seen, an “official” write-up of Pike.

I wonder whether this is an indication of some upcoming products…? :smiley:

Thanks MisterX - you’d be right, but there are none near me - which is weird when you consider that Brighton has a high proportion of IT workers… I know there are individuals that have them, but I don’t know any personally.

Strange New Worlds licence? Though that seems unlikely at this stage :smiley:

@Astronut Have a look at buildbrighton.com :wink:

Since Christopher Pike appeared in both TOS and DIS, a write-up could be covered by both of these licenses… :thinking: I wonder which Pike was meant… :smiley:

1 Like

OK dumb question.

If you order the hardcopy do you get the PDF as well?

Thats a great question and not dumb at all. I ordered a hard copy and got a link for the PDF but i dont know if that was just b/c I preordered

1 Like

https://buildbrighton.com/ Y’all have a huge makerspace with 3d printers! Bet someone would love to help you out!

Pretty sure we got our tricorders through the same etsy shop. Our makerspace up here in alaska has been closed for a while due to covid so i bit the bullet and just bought it.

1 Like

Thanks

and extra letters to meet minimum post size :innocent:

For the curious, you do get them.

1 Like

Modiphius provides free PDFs for all print purchases, even if you order the book from somewhere else. For all their products.

Spread the news far and wide. This has to be the most common question I’ve heard for five years +.

8 Likes

Thank you …

This is such a great offer! I really appreciate that! Thank you very much!
I will definitiv contact you, when my books are in my hands.

I preordered them at a German Online Shop who is not partnered up with Bits & Mortar and wrote to Modiphius, showed them the Invoice of the shop and got the PDFs withhin a few hours.

Modiphius policy and service is awesome.

5 Likes