Player’s and Gamemaster’s Guides

Glad you like them! We thought about doing the tricorder digest in hardcover, but with the box and other components, the price to make/price to sell got out of hand. So we went with the paperback. If it sells gangbusters, maybe we can consider a hardcover reprint of the digest.

Public Safety Announcement: Player’s and Gamemaster’s Guide(s) PDF are now released.

3 Likes

Just ordered mine from a German merchant. To save on import tax. So I still have to wait a few days. But I am looking forward to the books!

1 Like

Soon being today… :slight_smile:

The Star Trek Adventures Player’s and Gamemaster’s Guides are now available as stanadlone PDFs, plus there’s a FREE new Ledgers PDF, with inspiration for encounters with independent traders, smugglers, mercenaries and more!

NET

https://buff.ly/3fMrkPw

US

https://buff.ly/3Am6TTi

DTRPG

https://buff.ly/3GU0oJF

4 Likes

Well I hope you take sales of the PG and GMG into account too. For my money, and it might be an unpopular opinion, big game books are like big coffee table books, very pretty and flashy but much more difficult to read and use, storing them is challenging, transporting them is challenging and navigating them at a crowded table is challenging. Royal format is just about perfect for my old eyes, perfect for my bookshelf, perfect to throw in a bag, perfect to read in bed before I go to sleep or in a chair at the local coffee shop (before the COVID times).

1 Like

We’re keeping a close eye on sales for these two books, for sure. I like the royal format too. Something a little different and much easier to carry around.

1 Like

Personally not a fan of the Royal size format. Its why I will be skipping physical purchase of these.

I wouldn’t make many new friends if I proposed the DIN 4 formats (e.g. DIN A4), would I? :rofl:

1 Like

Love the new format, thank you, thank you for the white background. Well my old eyes thank you. I prefer the dead tree version and it was a hefty chore reading the LCARS/black background. Don’t know who made that decision, but thanks for the new format, so I can read it. Free League has been doing the smaller format also, and I love it. It’s much easier to throw in my messenger bag and carry to the game table.

4 Likes

My concern if everything went to royal size would be space on my bookshelf. The books will take up more space width-ways for the same amount of content and my bookshelf is already close to full, with no room to expand. There’ll come a point in the not-too-distant future where I’ll have to start making some tough decisions between the 3 TTRPGs I play and if one takes up disproportionately more space than the others then that could well be the deciding factor. For now, it hasn’t stopped me getting the PG and GMG though.

That being said, it would be interesting to see how royal size compares to whatever-the-other-size-is in terms of robustness. I wonder whether the change in page size/binding length/spine width would have any effect on how long I can overuse my core rulebook for before it eventually falls apart?

Okay so everyone is talking about the size of the book and I am confused. In size (not pages but general size) how do they compare to the core, Command, Scionec,e etc, and the Expanse book?

I hope around the same size but at the same time my bookshelf is organized by topic and not book size so I have giant books next to pocket books next to medium books etc.

Here you go!

12 Likes

They sure look good.

Most of the books in the line are US letter, approx 8.5" x 11". The PG and GMG are royal digest sized, approx 6" x 8". The pictures probably make it clearer.

Nice tricorder dice case! I went with the one with the sexy purple stripe. :smiley:

7 Likes

I almost went with that one… but I’m addicted to lower decks so I just thought having something so fancy just wouldn’t fit a California Class… :wink:

Yeah they are really nice, the “leather” is fancy and while they are a little smaller IMHO it just makes them easier to use. I used to be a buy every game ever kind of guy, but years of moving thanks to the Coast Guard has taught me I don’t need every book for every game. I’ve got the tricorder edition coming but unless the division books get reprinted in a royal format I’ll probably just use a pdf.

Also, and I don’t think these books are getting enough credit about it yet, these 2 books do a better job explaining what STTRPG does (or any RPG for that matter) than anything written so far. They are great resources, and even someone who’s never seen an episode of Trek (I suppose that is a thing that could happened) can use them to play Trek. There is some excellent GM material, and more importantly excellent material that’s specifically not splatbook of the week. So if you hate Royal sized … its a good buy if you use PDF’s. If you only play, I wouldn’t suggest you get the GM book, but if you do both, want to do both or are a completist getting both isn’t a bad choice.

1 Like

Thanks for the pics! They really help to make the size clear.

Its funny so on one hand I kind of don’t like the size but in the other hand they will fit perfect on my shelf in the section with the hooks to keep the unit up and where normal books don’t. So thats awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for the pics, good to see it compared to the others. Just confirmed I wont be buying digest size books

Thats a shame, because they really are nice books, and easier to read and use at the table.