Official Product Wishlist

I’d like to see the series crew write ups and pdf adventures in hardcopy. Is that on the agenda or are they pdf only products?

Unlikely, but anything’s possible down the road. Maybe someday a compilation once all the crews are done. Doesn’t make financial sense to do a hardcover for a 10-page PDF. It’d really depend on what the cost/benefit is vs the demand of such a product.

1 Like

I vote yes for this. “Crews of Star Trek” supplement, have it assembled in order of the timeline, ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY. Complete with any/all special entries like the Soong-Type Android and Changelings racial pages and if you have it planned or added to the list, maybe a blurb about the 29th century portable holoemiter of Voyager’s Doctor.

1 Like

I think this has already been mentioned, but: A Crew Supplement with the crew of the USS Sally Ride. :slight_smile:

Despite that: I use to GM a lot. And I like my GM-dice. Can I have STA-Dice that are not department-colour-coded? Like blue/white for a Federation style, or black/red for the Klingon Alliance, black or (dark)grey with green for the Borg…?

Alternate Campaigns would be huge.

A critters guide/threats to the galaxy book would make things easier.

If I’m telling stories, I don’t primarily need deck plans. I need pictures that set the scene. Things I can draw from to describe what my players see. Deck plans are useful for strategy, but that is less common/important than helping the players feel immersed.

I find NPC decks super useful in other systems for when I need a character or threat on the fly. Then I can quickly search for an appropriate NPC archtype and have all the relevant info handy.

1 Like

A couple of suggestions that came to mind (some probably have been mentioned).

Discovery Sourcebook
Kelvin Timeline Sourcebook
Assignment: Earth Sourcebook (It would be interesting to see stats for Gary Seven).

Unfortunately, both Discovery and Kelvin are outside the licence!

I suspect the licensing cost is much lower for the older series.

2 Likes

Kelvin timeline are properties of Paramount so unlikely to get anything official on that.

I know nothing about intellectual property rights but it does make me wonder, what is the point if you are CBS/Rodenberry/whoever owns Discovery’s IP for role playing gaming to sit on it as opposed to making a reasonable deal with Modiphius? It’s not like you’re talking about marketing rights to make a AAA video game. And you get no $ by not selling it. Is it about wanting to maintain strictest control? Or not wanting to bother with a “minor” issue?

I understand Kelvin is entirely different and I would’t think worth pursuing regardless.

News on Sciences, Alpha Q, and the newly announced Mission Compendium 2: Strange New Worlds!

(Minor correction–Mission Compendium 2 contains 9 new adventures, not 10. We could fit only so many.)

4 Likes

Interesting that the mission book wasn’t named These Are The Voyages vol2, considering the suggestive name on the first one? Is this to suggest they are handling a completely different style of mission settings?

Well, it was titled “These are the Voyages, Mission Compendium Vol. 1” :slight_smile:

So this one continues in the same vein – “Strange New Worlds, Mission Compendium Vol 2.”

3 Likes

Ah, ok. Thats totally not how I read that name haha. My bad

I suspect CBS believe they can make more money off a live property like Discovery, due to the ongoing advertising associated with the series. Consequently, potential licensees are more likely not to buy in (CBS do not have the best reputation on this front). I note that eighteen months after its launch, Discovery-related merchandise is still few and far between.

Speculating: it’s entirely possible that the previous series came as a nice (relatively) cheap package deal - Discovery could have easily doubled the costs.

And from the designers’ point of view, Discovery, as an ongoing series, is constantly introducing new elements, meaning the game will usually be out of date (see the Doctor Who RPG) - and as FASA discovered, making up new stuff before it might appear in the show can easily backfire! (The Star Trek TNG Officers Manual for those in the dark.)

2 Likes

I’m down with a new mission book. Loved the first one. I like the focus the game has on published adventures in general.

On the issue of a Kelvin sourcebook, like, you can just switch around some of the values of the as written TOS crew. Maybe a focus or two. It’s almost the same. Even if they could produce a sourcebook on the Kelvin universe, you wouldn’t really need it.

I think a time travel book would be cool. I think a book full of tools for more homebrew GMing would be cool; like a random episode generator or how to build original ships. The more flexibility I have as a GM, the more I enjoy the game.

1 Like

Since publishing costs and dev time are a factor, I’d love to see a single book of the “Allies and Enemies” type that goes into more detail on various races, no matter their faction or allegiance. Cover neutral worlds, hostile powers in greater depth, Federation members, etc. Not unlike Worlds of the Federation, this could also contain a monster manual section for creatures as part of it. Best of all worlds? Would love to see some stats on Tholians, Gorn, and many of the other minor races we only saw a glimpse of in shows and movies. Then it has something for everyone, better chance to drive sales. For races with unique starships, some of those could be detailed as well.

4 Likes

Much of that is (or will be) contained within the quadrant books. Beta Quadrant, for example, went into more detail on the Klingons, Romulans, Gorn, Orion Syndicate, their ships, and a bunch of minor Federation races usable for Player Characters. You’ll see more stuff like that in Alpha, Gamma, and Delta. Won’t be a single book since we’ve already committed to doing the four quadrant books.

2 Likes

I have to admit, considering this is how I plan to start my group’s game with them posted to a starbase similar to DS9 series, I was disappointed with the Starbase section in the command book.

I honestly don’t care if it is a small 20-page (or less) PDF booklet offered similar to the crew packs, but I would love a product dealing with Starbases, with more than just the two measly federation samples.

It could expand the creation process for the Starbases to that similar to the Starships, with frames and ‘Design’ profiles, a few more talents, and even including starbases from other races (like the Nor class Cardassian starbases).

So, does this mean it will be “New Life and New Civilizations, Mission Compendium Vol 3”? If you guys need an extra writer, I’m free!