Official Product Wishlist

It’s actually 1 square = 1.5m for FASA (STRPG1 RB p44). there are two versions, as well - first is the 1/4" = 1.5mm, in the 1E box, and the sold separately 1/2" = 1.5mm for 15mm minis or 1/2" counters.

If deckplans are done, maximum salability in the current era would seem to indicate 1" (25.4mm) square grids equaling the industry scifi standard 1.5m. ]

I specifically said deckplans. Doing the entire 15-25 decks of a starship as miniature-scale battlemaps. would be (a) be prohibitively expensive, and (b) actually be less viable as a product – who has room for something that would be over 3 meters in width just to see the full layout of the mid-deck of a Galaxy-class saucer section?

The deckplan discussion has been had before but there’s a point I feel compelled to raise: ships of a single class are not identical. Each one is configured differently according to the mission profile, refits, and a number of other factors, with much of the internal space of many starships being modular. A Galaxy-class starship will not be a carbon copy of the Enterprise-D. So a set of deckplans can only really provide details for a single ship, rather than a single class.

And, well, we’ve never seen the internals of dozens of different classes. The Akira-class, a popular ship amongst RPG groups, only appeared in three scenes in the entire franchise (First Contact, one of the big DS9 fleet battles, and the final scene of Voyager), and we’ve never even seen what the bridge looks like. Designing all that from scratch… that’s a lot of work.

Those are my personal concerns, at least.

4 Likes

True. However, Modiphis have been given the Thunderchild (Akira), Belerephon (Intrepid) and what ever the Galaxy class is called to play around with, so it doesn’t seem a stretch that you could at least release deck plans for those specific ships using Voager and Ent-D as guides for the ones of those classes.

Dude, it’s not going to happen. As Nathan pointed out, it would be a ton of (very expensive) art work for a fairly limited reward. The target audience for such a thing is not as great as you might think; the internet is a fairly skewed look at the game’s fanbase, so don’t for a second let yourself believe the popularity of the idea in this thread represents wider desire.

I think if there are no official plans out there already for a ship that it would be better as a Dm to just make them up as you go, working out how many zones away you are in a given situation shouldn’t be that difficult though

There are great deck plans out there on the 'net anyway. Plus the 1701-D set that came out years ago. I doubt anyone will do anything so comprehensive again.

I’d like to see more variety in bridge tiles to use- most of the deck tiles are pretty flexible, but the bridge is kind of an iconic part to the ship, and it looks and feels weird to use a Galaxy class bridge for a Nova…

2 Likes

Also, sometimes action is happening on other ships, i.e. those that have sent distress signals etc.
But I am afraid that all that what we read about deckplans also applies to bridges: There are already so many out there…

I’m hoping with the Viacom/CBS merger (and the fact that Discovery moved to the future), that we get some Discovery stuff and material from the Kelvin movies (just an option) and maybe Star Trek Online.

1 Like

from rumours discovery is not finished with the past

1 Like

I’ll throw in my vote for some type of deck plans, but I’d love to see them in formats for use on virtual table-tops more than hard copy. And honestly, rather than complete plans it would be cool to just have a few areas: bridge deck (w/ ready and conference rooms), engineering, senior and junior officers quarters, transporter rooms, and a corridor or two, maybe a shuttle bay - all grouped by era: so TOS Constellation and Hermes could use the same set, and TMP Constitution refit and Miranda (and probably Constellation) the same set, various eras of Excelsiors could use the same sets, with maybe switching out the engine rooms for TNG & DS9 era ones. I think that’s a more doable, versatile way to do the most-used areas of ships in most games.

Also it would be cool to have a book that covers all eras that Modiphius has license for (5 plus associated films, I think?), with each period getting a chapter that might add some ships, ship talents, give an overview of the cosmo-political situation, major events, rule tweaks to better simulate the era, etc. so each section of the book would be broad setting guide to a specific era.

Also, more ship talents. We need more ship talents.

1 Like

Try this on for size:
Intrepid Class Exploration Cruiser NCC-74600

Will Modiphius be at the Spiel in Essen/Germany and have some Alpha Quadrant Books on hand, so that I can send an… Operative to retrieve my one Copy?

Modiphius will definitely be at Essen. I’m checking with folks internally to determine what stock will be available. My guess is Alpha will be there since it’s been available a little while. I’ll post again once I have concrete news on the stock.

3 Likes

If your stock contains Strange New Worlds, you’ll probably see me. :slight_smile:

‘Probably’'s not much incentive but word is the Modiphius Essen booth will have some copies of both Alpha and SNW on hand for purchase. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Article is up at StarTrek.com about the new Strange New Worlds mission compendium release!

5 Likes

I have something for the wishlist that will never make it past the lawyers, but a supplement built on the content at the fan site Starfleet Museum would be amazing, especially since Enterprise was cancelled before it could depict the Earth-Romulan War.

1 Like

Article is up at StarTrek.com about the new Strange New Worlds mission compendium release!

The article also mentions the Delta Quadrant and Gamma Quadrant books for 2020 and the crew write-ups for Voyager and Enterprise!

2 Likes