My Projects So Far

Nice. I particularly like the faded colors for the dress. Did you just do a light blue - blue/gray with a white drybrush? Or did you do it some other way?

Actually I’m kinda cheap when it comes to paints. I’ll often grab cool colors the craft store has on sale. The dress is Craft Smart Lavender with a light dry brushing of Delta Ceramcoat Sweet Pea. The purse and slippers are also done in the Sweet Pea.

Nice. I’d be tempted to try dirtying up the purse and slippers a bit, but otherwise the model looks really good. Your choice of colors created a delightful washed out look.

I actually use Apple Barrel paints for a lot of my painting. Picked up some Army Painter a while back for detail work though.

That’s looking good! :slight_smile:

I did hit the slippers with a wash but forgot the purse. Wish I knew a good way to tarnish copper. I wanted the top to stand out but it does look too new and shiny as is. Definitely trying for a sun faded pastel look for my ghouls.
Thanks all for the suggestions & compliments.

Haven’t tried it yet, but I’m toying with the idea of basing in a pale green, then dry brushing the copper over that before hitting it with a dark brown wash to get old copper…

That’s very similar to what I was thinking for the same thing. I was thinking pale green, brown wash, then copper drybrush. :stuck_out_tongue: I think your version would create a slightly darker tone overall. For me, I was thinking a copper drybrush would result in a sort of shine to parts that might have been rubbed to a shine as the rest aged.

1 Like

Weather the purse and shoulder strap. Tried to tarnish the copper… will have to do for now.

3 Likes

Finished my first Courser. This one felt a little like cheating but I like the way it turned out.

And a closer look at the base.

4 Likes

How is everyone sealing these translucent models? I’m afraid to do test and mess up the way it looks.

For your copper bits. You might have gone a little heavy on the green.

No promises this would work, (Maybe someone else can weigh in on it) but my first thought would be to take a drop of copper paint and a drop of water, create a watered down paint, thin but not a wash. Then drybrush it on thick enough that you can JUST see a bit of the green through it. That would take the brightness out of the green at the very least.

Dirtying up the purse helps a lot.

Nice courser. I’m still waiting on mine to arrive. Can hardly wait.

1 Like

I used Games Workshop purity seal on my models and it worked fine. I did test it on the leftover bits on the sprue first so maybe you should do that first just in case.

Good idea… now where did I put the leftovers.

Life got in the way of painting but managed to eak out these two models in the last two weeks.
First another proxy ghoul. This should give me enough to run a few games with.

And second another translucent Courser. Trying for a cleaner ‘institute’ look for the base. Wasn’t sure what the one upright cylinder was, so made it into a frag mine.

5 Likes

Here are a few more pieces of terrain.

Billboard needs a bit more water staining, tried a strong black tea, but guess I’ll have to brew up some coffee.

5 Likes

Love the weathering on the car! :slight_smile:

I’ve used tea to stain wood in the past, never thought about using it as a wash for water statining though.

The billboard looks really good. The car looks amazing. How’d you do the rust on the car?

Thanks, I’m happy with how the billboard turned out considering it was built from “trash”. I’d heard of people aging paper (for treasure map props) with tea so thought it might help the sign look not freshly printed.

For the car I used a chunk of sponge and dabbed on black paint with 95-99% coverage followed by a coat of Burnt Umber at 80-90%. Still with the sponge, using a Gunmetal Gray, do a light dab here and there. Lastly did a light coat of Iron Oxide.

2 Likes

Just a few crop objectives.

5 Likes

Nice! The corn looks great especially!

The other one is intended to be a tato plant? Or split bean?