Info's wasteland wanderings

Mock up of the Chemistry station, I think this will work. Time for primer!

5 Likes

And, that’s the interior done. Annoyingly difficult to photo I’m afraid.

20181104_162358

9 Likes

Fantastic work

1 Like

Managed some more work this weekend and finished up a couple of Mutant Hounds. These were fun to paint but a pain to photograph unfortunately

20181124_194023

6 Likes

More random terrain, a quick fountain basin complete with a rusty barrel.

I wanted to have a play with tinting resin which worked nicely. I also tried out some colour shift paints to try and get an oil slick effect which has a lot of potential, but needs a bit more experimenting and a few more colours! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It disgusts me how good that looks.

It’s a shame you can’t get tiny skeletal fish and have them sitting at the bottom.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha, that would be cool. It is a shame you can’t get them! And there is no way I’m going to try sculpting them… :laughing:

1 Like

Water and barrel look great. Edges of the fountain look like they could still use some more weathering or dead leaves or something. Compared to your other stuff it looks just a wee bit too clean

1 Like

Amazing work, well done.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback it’s much appreciated :slight_smile: I was so focused on trying stuff with the water that I pretty much forgot the edges. I’ll add some gubbins this weekend to try and finish it up :+1:

1 Like

Still no more work on the miniatures, unfortunately :expressionless:

I did put together another quick piece of scatter terrain though, which I’m pretty happy with. This is a 1:48 Airfix Bedford Light Truck with a few resin crates added to the back.

7 Likes

Very nice truck.

Out of curiosity, how did you do the caved in roof on the truck? I actually picked up a couple of toy cars this week that have what’s supposed to be a “Leather” top on them and I was thinking about trying a similar effect with them.

Very nice work. I noticed a kitchen stove in the shotgun shack that wasn’t from Rusty Rail - any idea where you sourced that from?

It’s from TTCombat.

1 Like

I warmed the plastic top up in hot water to soften it, heated a sculpting tool up in a candle until it was really hot then punched it through the plastic. I also got lucky, becasue it’s not something you can try more than once! :grimacing::smiley:

The stove did indeed come from TTCombat, as NoshrokGrimskull said :slight_smile:

Thanks, I might try the same with one of them to see how it goes before doing all three of the cars.

1 Like

I had (sort of) worked out how to replace it with something scratch built if it didn’t work. I’m glad I didn’t have to but I think having a plan B in mind might be helpful!
Good luck :four_leaf_clover: I look forward to seeing the results :slight_smile:

I was actually looking at the possibility of doing something that would give the top the look of old/cracked leather. I’ve been looking around the internet in the hopes of finding some kind of guide but haven’t found anything yet.

My thinking was that if I could go the cracked leather effect, and have a sort of ear in one or two of the tops similar to what you’ve done, that it would look pretty good. Guess time will tell!

Seeing how good the effect looks with your truck, I’m just that much more excited about trying the same with mine. :wink:

1 Like

The only way I can think to get a cracked leather effect would be to either use some crackle paint or medium or to etch it in. It might be worth trying out crackle paint, if it doesn’t work you can at least strip it off! :grin: