GateKeeper's Models and Terrain

That’s what I’ve liked about the TTCombat stuff so far. For the most part it’s easy to build (Really wish they sent printed instructions for models rather than a link to their webpage where you can download instructions), and they look pretty nice even if you don’t end up painting them. No matter what someone decides to do with them, they’re going to make for some really nice terrain pieces on your board. (And their pricing is really good compared to most of the competition.)

I’m actually thinking about picking up a second of the big ship. I’d be able to field two of them on the board that way if I ever went with a more nautical theme for a game, and there’s no such thing as too many shipping containers. :wink:

On a side note, TTCombat just released a group of “Ruined” terrain pieces that look really good. They’d be perfect for this game.

1 Like

yhea that would be cool two big shipping container boats docked at port surrounded by shipping containers would be a good board with plenty of opportunity for littles runs using containers with both ends open and loads of vertical moving between levels of containers makes me wonder if there is a scale model for the shipping container cranes

edit: a question i wanted to ask is the cardboard looking scenery pieces from 4grounds if so do they feel solid enough as i was thinking of picking up some parts of there mall set

1 Like

TTCombat actually has a shipping container crane as well. I thought about it briefly, but opted not to get that as it looked like it was going to be difficult to store and I figured it’s use would be a little limited.

The idea of setting up some ladders and make the players do some up and down across the board could make for a really fun setup.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at the 4ground stuff for possible scatter terrain as well, not sure how it would hold up though. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has some of their stuff.

I have some recent experience with 4Ground’s Shipping Crates and Dumpsters

5 Likes

Nice, I like how the shipping containers are set up specifically to be opened on the top like that.

nice how do they hold up to other laser cut terrain makers

Edit nice just noticed the old school praetorian guard

Got another round of terrain, then some more proxy models to show off.

Got the arcade pack through TTCombat. Was a little underwhelmed by them but for the price I can’t really complain. I thought the pinball machines looked alright (If you get them, I recommend adding all the little bits before putting the big parts together, there isn’t a lot of room to work.) but the arcade machines were a little dissappointing I thought. It’s also important to note that there there are no instructions for these, even on their site.

Got a security checkpoint and the Gray Harbor B house here. Was really happy with both. The security building was incredibly easy to build, and after building the first Gray Harbor A building, the second one here was a breeze to build as well.

2 Likes

Got a batch of models today. The gray one is from the Afterglow miniatures I was showing off the other day. It looks a little small against these Dust Tactics miniatures in the same way that they did compared to the Star Wars Legion models, so I’m starting to think they are going to be a little small against the other models, but as you can see, it’s not a huge descrepancy, so I think they’re still going to look nice, and let’s fact it that most people aren’t going to notice the difference unless it’s pointed out to them of they’re base to base like this.

I’m really happy about the quality of the Dust Tactics models. I think the one to the left of the Afterglow miniature will be used as a mercenary. The middle one is going to be one of the Forged, and the final one I’m not sure about yet, depending on how I paint her she could make a good settler, raider, or mercenary. I’m leaning toward doing her up as a raider.

I like the Dust Tactics models well enough that I’m going to be looking at some other stuff they have to see what else might work well with this game.

Where did you get the gnomes?

thanks

Pretty nice huh? I’m setting up a couple as objective markers. The rest I’m just going to use as scatter with some other stuff.

The male:

The female:

The stems pull out if you’re careful. But they’re a little brittle and I managed to break one of them while pulling the stems. (I actually figure that I can dirty it up a little and it will look fairly natural like a simple broken gnome.)

I’ve also seen Lawn Flamingos in that size and a couple of other items that may be useful as well. There’s quite a few useful items in the shop of the seller if you’re patient enough to wade through a few dozen pages of their stuff.

Buildings looking good! I was thinking of getting the security checkpoint…you see a few around the wastelands so will fit in nicely with a few burnt up cars,skellies and some wrecked wire fencing.
Dust tactic minis look good too…will have to look and see if there’s any I like

the gnomes look cool il have to try and find some of the mini lawn flamingos locally i used to love those things when i played the original sims

I got the lot above largely for the guy with the fla mer, but all three models are something I think will look good on the table. I’ve also got a bid in on another Dust Tactics set (Please don’t go out bid me. :stuck_out_tongue: ) Sisters of Demolition which has two females with a fla mer and three other models with big rifles. I hope to paint that whole lot up as raiders.

Flamingos:

Looks like the word “flam er” and “shi v” are both sensored on this site? Strange.

Anyway, thought I’d say something since I saw this: It looks like Miniatures Market is running a sale on their Dust Tactics content right now, a fairly significant sale at that. I saw a couple of units that might be of use to someone. Hope it helps.
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults?q=Dust+Tactics

Wanted to post here real quick: It looks like my order is going to arrive today, probably an hour or two from now given when the mail usually arrives.

I was wondering if there’s anything specific people would like to see? I should have at least one of everything arriving today, so I was planning to snap some pictures as I dug into the content.

Some of the things I planned to look for specifically is the incorrect dice issue that was reported a few days ago as well as the model bending issues that have been reported. I also want to take a good look at the Corvega Sedan to see what exactly the “Two piece model” amounts to.

Is anyone interested in seeing specific models? Curious about certain aspects of something about anything??? If so, I’ll make an effort to take a few extra pictures along the way to accommodate people.

Goal for tonight is unboxing. Tomorrow to sort cards and get a general feel for everything. Sunday construction begins.

Then hopefully some time next week I can play a couple of games before taking another look at the cards related to the game (Including the ones that aren’t currently available for download) in the hopes of working out some form of point buy system for creating custom characters. (The other day I posted a formula related to the starter box minis where I was able to get within about 10% of the actual cost of a mini, but it’s my hope that additional model cards, combined with a bit more time, will help me to work something out that will put it at no more than 5% deviation from the official costs.)

Let us know if you actually get the terrain pack. My all-in pre-order arrived last week, but there were delays with the terrain pack, so that is a separate shipment that has yet to arrive.

Enjoy!

The order info said that I have one of the three scenic starter sets with it and the other two will follow later. I’ll be sure to get a shot of what I received though.

Great to hear you got your minis. If your taking requests,then a good photo or two of the Corvega would be grand!

Just opening up the box now. I’m about as excited right now as when I tell my kids they can have ice cream, . . .