I had promised the other day that I’d get some better pictures of the terrain pieces I have since the first batch of photos didn’t turn out so good. I got more pictures, the quality isn’t really that much better, but I tried to get some shots that could show off some of the size differences and such along with some better images of some of the earlier shots.
Since everyone else is making their own threads for models, I thought it made sense for me to do the same, as such, I’ve opted to set this topic up for the sake of setting the stage for future work.
Lets start with what I am working with. For the moment, this is just my paints and those kinds of things:
Almost all of my paints are the Apple Barrel brand. Not expensive at all and I’ve always been happy with the results. The exceptions are the big jar of black paint (Only got it because they were out of the black Apple Barrel brand, and lets face it, black is black.), then at the bottom is a bottle of glow in the dark paint and a silver metallic paint (Going to try out some simple glow effects with the cheap glow paint first, then if I’m happy with it I’ll get some of the high end stuff. The silver is going to be for guns and similar where I need a bit of shine, and Apple Barrel doesn’t have any metallics as far as I know.) To the left are my brushes. That’s the new ones I just picked up since it’s been a couple of years since I’ve done any painting, and I’m just going to give my kids the old ones. Top right is actually a little desk organizer, I use the pencil holder to hold brushes as it keeps them up out of the way and also gives a good place for them to dry after washing. You can see my old brushes in the organizer. Under that are some empty bottles I’ll be using to make washes. Already made some brown, but will also be making green, black, and likely red to get started then I have a couple of extra bottles for the sake of making more later as needed.
Next up, a better picture of the Gnomes. I picked up five of the males, two of the females.
The gnomes all are on a short hard wire. I plan to snip them off so there’s maybe a 1/16 of an inch left, then I can drill a small hole into a round base to slide that in. Dot of super glue and they aren’t going anywhere.