Fall of London Chronicle

This sounds like a job for Lloyd support@modiphius.com!

Please use support@modiphius.com.

Good morning

Unfortunately we are currently shipping on a case by case basis to Brazil, as such it is not available for general shipping. Apologies.

We are hoping to have a partner in Brazil who will sell the books to customers directly, please stay tuned.

@Modiphius-Lloyd Very sad to hear that.

On the Facebook, some one specified that is about anything to do to the customs clearance.

Regarding Brazilian customs clearance:

Most of the stores a purchase all around the world (Japan, USA, UK, China) already have included one field in the address form for the Customer Tax ID (CPF).

And the few wich still do not have that option, is recommended to the customer to put his Tax ID on the 2nd line of the address.

Other thing is that Books need to be declared as Books on the documentation.

RPG are considered Books, not Board Games. If the Books are declared correctly, they are free from import fees.

If declared as Board Games, they will have to pay 60% import fee.

By Brazilian laws, Books are free of tax and customs fees.

I’m saying that becouse Onyx Path and Drivethrurpg some times declares RPG Books as Board Games or only as “Printed Materials”. Becouse of that I have to require that the Customs office open the package to verify that in fact there is books inside.

I have been reading through my PDF and really enjoying the setting and story but I am wondering one thing, is there a suggested timeline for the events?

The only hint I can find is the back cover map which includes the dates for the Torture Garden events in September and December.

Any help gratefully received and faithfully applied.

“Eating skulls is
harder than it looks.
The skull is feisty.”

(P.S.) I start running it on the 9th of March.

1 Like

Now that the PDF has been updated, it seems like there’s still a huge number of spelling errors and inconsistencies in the text. Are these present in the printed version too? I’m guessing, like the core book, they’ll be fixed later, but it’s a real shame that these errors keep coming through into print. It makes me reluctant to buy these books in hard copy in future.

I just received my printed version and yes the errors were not corrected and are in that version as well.

Though it is sad that this book has errors in it, it is a nice looking hardcover. I am not sure about the content past the errors that were found and turned in to Modiphius to try and get them fixed before print, as when I saw the errors in the PDF I was disappointed. I helped by skimming the book and pointed out those errors that were glaring so that they could hopefully be fixed before print and then waited for the corrected printing or PDF to actually sit down and read. That’s right I skimmed the book and found several errors. That to me is very sad as it means that it was not hard at all to find many of those errors.

Sadly it is looking like a corrected printing will never come though a corrected PDF is possible. I, however, do not have faith in a company that could not fix glaring holes in the first place or puts a writer on the book who had to be explained the basic mechanics of the game on a live stream. I can get that they may not be familiar with all the nuances of the rules and may get how a power works wrong, but the basic dice mechanics means they didn’t even do the smallest amount of research before working on this project. they may be a good writer but RPG books require a good technical writer or at least the ability to separate the work load so the technical writing is good as well. We buy RPG books for the technical writing, the crunch. It is the primary reason to buy an RPG book over just buying a novel and making up the rules ourselves or using a generic RPG.

Though this makes me sad the book itself looks really nice. Their layout people and artists put together a really nice looking book or at least I find it stunning and very fitting with the rest of the V5 line. Great job to Michal E. Cross and Katya Thomas and to the Artists that worked on this. Beautiful work and the physical book shows this off very well.

I will not use this book often, I bought it to support the company and V5. If they do correct the PDF I may even run the campaign but knowing their are errors I have to correct unless I run a London game and wanted to know what happened in London’s past.

This does make me hesitate to buy a non-PDF book from Modiphius for Vampire as their was a bit of laziness in this product on the technical writing side of things and I don’t want a physical book that has glaring errors in it. That is selling me a faulty product that can not be fixed and forcing me to suck it up and live with it, and no having a PDF that tells me the errors is not a fix as the PDF will possibly incorporate those errors and I will just use that instead. PDFs can be fixed so I am sticking with those from this company.

That being said Modiphius is not doing anything that most RPG companies aren’t doing. It seems that letting the technical writing in books falter is a growing trend in the RPG industry. Though some have decided to change their process to give us a better product such as sending out the PDF in advance to get corrections for a printed version. Hopefully Modiphius will follow this philosophy as well and care enough to change the way they work. I wouldn’t hold my breath though but who knows what the future holds.

Am I upset I was sold a flawed product on purpose? Yes. I say on purpose because errors started being sent to them a few days after the Advanced PDF went live. That’s another thing, forcing people to buy your faulty book to get the advanced PDF and cutting out retailers by selling an advanced PDF with no intention of using that for any other reason than to cut our FLGS on sales is BS.

Would I buy the physical book at this point? No.

I would still buy this book in PDF, cause I want to have more V5 product and support V5. I will not support Modiphius in anything more than the vaguest of senses. I would only buy form DrivethruRPG as it puts the book in my library rather than in Modiphius’s store which my pre-ordered Fall of London book is still not there, I don’t feel like buying an advanced copy if it is not to help get a better book out, and it cuts some of this companies profits as I believe in voting with my dollars and this company has repeatedly disappointed me with their practices, customer service, and quality.

And now the promo code doesn’t work either, Great. Anyone else get theirs to work?

I agree with the above points but am also disappointed that they have included references to Blood Cults v5 with regard to Mithras, the Hecata, and Oblivion rituals when the actual Blood Cults book is not out for KS pdf until December.

Are we supposed to wait?

My feeling is that the information was left out deliberately to force STs to buy both books by selling us an unfinished product. This might be the last V5 book I bother buying.

That’s a fair point, It wouldn’t have hurt to have the Cult of Mithras in this book as a way to make the book have more usefulness outside of the chronicle.

It could have been left out of Cults and not have hurt that book at all.

Maybe in the corrected PDF we can get an appendix added to address that. but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

1 Like

It is not a lot of Errata or feedback but here is a link to what was submitted to Modiphius for possible fix. I am assuming that they did not see it, so hopefully they will here.

I know that I am coming off overly negative but I do truly want Modiphius to succeed. I care that is why I sound passionate about the game.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the promocode, as the file link in my account now downloads version 3 of the document. This does appear to be the print version of the file; at a glance and searching for known typos.

1 Like

I am very concerned with the complete lack of editing on this book between the pre-order and release. My hardcover is on the way and I don’t even want it anymore. I was expecting issues to be addressed before print but my faith seems to have been misplaced.

Someone else posted a link to the V5 Discord group’s suggested errata document, and the Discord in general has been really good for this sort of stuff. Onyx Path even has some freelancers and staff in the Discord so that they can interact with the community and fix these issues in their books (Chicago by Night, Cults of the Blood Gods) before print. Why isn’t Modiphius doing the same and being more transparent with the community?

Thankfully the pdf might be fixed over time (although I’ll be stuck with a heavily flawed physical book). It makes me very afraid for the Vampire Player’s Guide as it’s a very mechanics-heavy book, and all the mistakes in FoL seem to be in stat blocks, powers, and other mechanics bits. I can’t afford to buy another faulty product and so I’ll be waiting until post-launch to buy another Modiphius book, and as a pdf only next time. At least Onyx Path doesn’t have these issues by the time they print. I wish that they had more autonomy with the license.

If your promo code isn’t working, please contact support@modiphius.com and let them know what’s going on so they can fix it for you.

OK, I’ve read the errata, and while some of the things could certainly be looked at, I don’t regard the list as being particularly large or unusual for any first printing for any game company. I think they could have a look again at the pre-gens stats, and maybe the formatting of powers/equipment data. However, much of this list is really suggestions akin to ‘I would have written it this way’ rather than actual errors. I mean, there are three spelling mistakes listed - it’s not suggesting that the book is ‘littered’ with spelling mistakes.

I’m happy to see a list of errata, and maybe Modiphius can update files and the next printing, but the book is hardly unusable as it stands, notwithstanding house-rules and alterations you want to make.

For example, I might alter the stats of Dr Henry Banerjee as he seems to have just one point of Resolve when his Oblivion ceremies are based on Resolve. That seems incongruous to me, but it’s not necessarily an error.

1 Like

What errors are you referring to? We made corrections to the print file before going to print, and were happy with the final product. For example, “WRITTING” in the inlays that are sat on my desk is corrected to “WRITING”.

Page 24 at the top of the 3rd column still starts ‘STo the few kindred’ in the printed book

One of three typos listed in the ‘errata’ file below. Hardly a massive amount. Most of the errata amount to opinions about rules and presentation of rules - which aren’t errors as such.

(https://docs.google.com/document/d/16pDwtVqxcWAW-jpeO_d3TIePv5u5WTZhFrTTwAgJtyE/edit)

The only ones that are pressing are the ones on the character sheets and the placeholders in the profiles of some NPCs.

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to pop in here to check - can you all try your codes now for those of you who have your codes? they should be working.

Kinda like the word proscribed. Though not used in typical conversation, or on a regular basis. This is the correct use of the word.

A faith does not prescribe it’s beliefs and or practices. Doctor’s prescribe medications and treatments.

Though another word could have been used (required/mandated/accepted), it’s nice to see the writers stretching their vocabulary muscles.