Fall of London Chronicle

first off thank you Sam for coming on here,

here is what I have found so far by skimming the book.

Page 126 - The Guardians Ring talks about Blood points instead of hunger, it seems upon reading it several times to mean that you Slake hunger while feeding regardless of any feeding penalty the Vampire may have. To me this is an error as it refers to a previous editions terminology and confuses what the ring does. You may not see as such.

Page 127 - in Rea’s writeup her Ambition, Conviction, and Touchstone are listed as Ambition, Conviction, and Touchstone.

Gabrielle Ellis Page 25 - Has virtues listed as a stat block header instead of Merits. And has Discipline affinity fortitude so should have 1 dot in fortitude.

This one I randomly found when I decided to sample one of the attack paragraphs.

Page 118 first column under Attack it refers to initiative as if we are playing and older edition or assumes that we are using an optional rule rather than the V5 combat rules. but this is an opinion that you should never write a book assuming people are using optional rules. but to each their own that is why optional rules exist so everyone can play the way they want.

due to randomly finding the one above I did a text search and found these two hidden in the text.
Page 45 second paragraph - “If the the” should be “if the” and in the same paragraph at the end of the same sentence “order oder” should be just “order”

That error however made me wonder how much there is that I have missed. Once I read it I will find them and compile for a corrected PDF down the line hopefully.

The rest that I found I feel are power level errors and aren’t in need of correction because it seems that they fit what you want them to be. It is your book and that is acceptable.

As far as being overblown I said it made me sad and disappointed. I did find that the were glaring wholes as I have not read the book fully and found them with very little effort. And powers that have an increased power level to make the story fit what the author wanted in the scene to provoke a certain felling in the characters are OK but they are not things that I can use when I have no intention of running this chronicle. They do have usefulness to new STs to show them it is OK to make up stuff, but that is something I understood a long time ago.

Now the writers and editors on this book could have missed them because they have read the texts sooo many times that it just blurs together, but there was a first time they read it. Yes errors creep in and I get that I still play shadowrun, I fully get that.

Personally I found the book to be unusable to me and it still is cause it doesn’t have really anything I can use. I bought the book for the crunch and much of it is out of power level or specifically made for ST use only. So it is literally unusable to me. That does not mean that it is not useful to others, It probably is. Nor does it mean I don’t think it has some value. The camarilla and the Anarch guide are very close to being unusable to me but they do have value as I like to read them from time to time and found joy in them for that. I am trying to find time to do so with Fall as well but I just have not had the time to do so. After reading it my opinion may change and I may find value in it but it will still be primarily useless to me for my games.

I am worried because the errors to me were easy to find and Modiphius is getting ready to do the VPG which is a very technical book and I fear that old edition creep and errors will continue and that should be a valid fear at this point. Though Fall of London is a small sample size and I get that, to me it should have been easier to get right for the get go due to that size.

This is why I am saying something, if we speak up and say: “Hey guys, There are errors that could have been corrected here” then maybe they will alter the way they do things slightly and still have the pre-order but wait on the print to get some Errata compiled.

That to me would be a great thing and we all move forward together and continue to play the game with Modiphius in the lead.

I don’t think I am being unreasonable or overblowing my feelings on this. I do think that this book will have value to some people, currently that is not me however. maybe to get more value I will run the chronicle but if I don’t then that is on me at that point.

Now for the other Errata from the document that I didn’t find but others did and reported and are still in the text:

Page 148- Ganster has Clan: Clan listed Ganster seems to be human.
Page 242 - Lady Cathrine Montague has sire listed as Angeliqe Darkwood and in Ambition has Angelique Blackwood.
Page 25 - first word in Gabrielle Ellis Write up is “STo” should be “To”
Page 23- under ishaq Khan first paragraph “proscribed by his faith” should read “prescribed by his faith.”

As I find more I will report them here as I do intend on reading the text fully.

Code worked, thank you Lloyd.