Modiphius Embraces World of Darkness

Modiphius Embraces World of Darkness - Announces The Fall of London V5 Chronicle.

Modiphius Entertainment has signed a publishing deal with Paradox Interactive to manage the tabletop roleplaying brand Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition

“We are thrilled to become the official stewards of this incredible roleplaying game,” said Chris Birch, President and CEO of Modiphius. “And we look forward to developing and publishing the official Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) tabletop roleplaying game under license from Paradox. We’re committed to providing fans with a truly exceptional range of new products to help them enjoy this rich, exciting world.”

Modiphius has already earned recognition for its hugely successful pre-order and distribution of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition following its 2017 distribution deal with White Wolf Entertainment. After discussions with Paradox, Modiphius has agreed to oversee all publishing and licensing for V5 tabletop roleplaying games.

Modiphius will be responsible for guiding the plot development running throughout V5 tabletop roleplaying products and ensuring each product is fully approved by both the White Wolf brand team within Paradox, and also with Modiphius own team of V5 experts.

Modiphius is committed to delivering a truly exceptional range for V5 that maintains the high standard of editing, production, and development seen in their other lines. Working with existing White Wolf partners Onyx Path Publishing, Elderwood Academy, Dogmight Games, Nosolorol, Arkhane Asylum, Need for Games, Studio 101, By Night Studios, and many more to be announced soon, the team will continue to expand on the diverse product range as well as available languages. Modiphius will work with all partners to ensure major releases are also available at retail.

The White Wolf brand team have completed re-editing the Anarch and Camarilla supplements to go to production early January, with pre-orders shipping in late January for web orders and early March for retail.

Modiphius plans to produce a host of exciting new releases to expand the range for new and old players alike including:

The Fall of London V5 Chronicle (Summer 2019) – London is burning. As the Second Inquisition put the city’s Kindred to the torch, your characters wake from torpor. The sensible thing would be to flee now, but before you can leave the capital, you have one last job to do… This campaign is perfect to bring your Vampire players up to speed on the plot developments in Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition or as as a gateway for new players.

V5 Players Guide (Summer 2019) – A guide to playing different styles of Vampire: The Masquerade to help you play the way YOU want to play, from gritty street level drama to romantic blood opera, complete with advice, new rules, and guidance on using the 5th Edition system to play previous editions of Vampire…

V5 Starter Set - (Christmas 2019) - An introductory starter set containing rules to play a self-contained campaign, with premade characters, handouts, maps, tokens and dice.

The Second Inquisition (Summer 2020) – Discover the plans, strategies, resources, and technologies of the highly secret organisations charged with investigating and eliminating the vampire threat, including Firstlight and the Society of St. Leopold… This supplement for V5 will give Storytellers everything they need to know about these feared and fearless organisations to provide all manner of covert opposition for your Chronicle, along with advice for Storytellers who want to run chronicles featuring player characters as a well-equipped covert team of Second Inquisition operatives.

Further releases will be announced as they are agreed.

Read the full press release:

5 Likes

This is big. Best of luck with this, hope I’ll see some nice books soon and wish for a W5 game!

2 Likes

Big for sure! Yeah, best wishes, I’m really looking forward to the future of V5, and want to see where you guys will be taking it.

1 Like

It’s very positive news for the game, and the new releases look promising too.

I do hope that the new direction for the game will manage to avoid the controversies that the game has had, but also find a way to maintain the integrity of creating a challenging, adult orientated game. It would be a shame if the game just became an escapist urban fantasy, avoiding real world issues, and a horror game by name only.

I would note that along with Kult and, to a degree Achtung Cthulhu!, Modiphius has managed to get stake in three of the major horror RPGs of all time. Well done, Modiphius!

You may think about getting the Ghostbusters licence next…….:smiley:

I’ve got a question. I’ve read on the White Wolf official blog that after the preorder fullfilment, the Camarilla and The Anarchs book won’t be available. Is there a plan to make new faction books?

1 Like

According to the scheduled list, no - or at least not in the next couple of years.

To be honest, I think this could be good news. “Splat” books tend to dominate release schedules, and push back maybe more creative titles. Moreover, new character options aside (each of the two books detailed a new Clan into canon), much of these books can be described as filler material.

If they want to include new Clans, then surely the best place to do them would be - all together - in the Player’s Guide? Similarly, I really hope that they include playable character options in The Second Inquisition book. They could even call it Hunter: The Second Inquisition……

This is very exciting! The release schedule looks great! I’m glad one of my favorite games is going to such capable hands.

Wonderful news! Glad to see more Vampire 5th edition in the works. I’m particularly curious about the Players’ Guide (a good place for introducing Ravnos and Tzimisce perhaps?) and the Second Inquisition books (a look at all the possible tech, training and abilities SI cultivates for their hunts. I’d love to see how the Society of St Leopold and the Arcanum translate into 5th edition :slight_smile: )

Is the new Chicago by Night going to be under Modiphius as well? Or is that a kickstarter going to be totally separate? It looks awesome so far, regardless.

Well be liaising with them to ensure meets all standards.

2 Likes

The players guide sounds as if it will make good on some promises that were not delivered with the corebook. Especially how to support different playstyles, and how to play previous editions with V5. Though that shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve? Just plug in the new rules and one is good to go.

I wonder, if the players guide will contain material on playing Elders? Because in the past, players guides usually added some more options to character creation, higher discipline levels, the independent clans, and guidelines for improving play.

Quick Question: Has anyone heard anything about the Players’ Guide or the Fall of London release date estimations? The original post here says summer 2019, and I gotta say I’m really hoping for a late July/early August release for one or both!
Also, any hints at whether the ‘new rules’ mentioned in the above will include any new predator types or even (dare I hope) the Ravnos or Old Clan Tzimisce (I’m sure the Sabbat book, should/if/when it comes out will have a full accounting of the Fiends, but the Old Clan members have been referenced in the Camarilla and in the V5 Chicago by Night manuscript, so I dare to dream of Old Clan or even Kolduns)?

1 Like

Only the summer dates have been said. I am hoping Gencon for one of them at least which I suspect will be the Fall of London. As far as the clans go nothing confirmed but speculation puts the Ravnos in a book to come out sooner, possibly the Player’s guide and the Tzimisce in the Sabbat Guide which was rumoured to be late this year early next. this date, of course, was before all of the re-edits though.

1 Like

I’m not necessarily the target audience of the Player’s Guide (as I am happy with the tight focus of the core rules as is), but Modiphius would probably generate a lot of good will amongst fans if all the remaining Clans not detailed in the core rules were collated into the one book.

I have not seen and new updates on the website. I check daily for adding of the new V5 books they talk about in the press release but nothing. Can anyone tell me if I am looking in the wrong location?

If you are referring to the Players guide and such they got pushed back. Current projections are we will see advanced PDFs around Christmas for the Player’s guide and the Fall of London with print copies in February.

No, is under the Paradox Umbrella as well as Modiphius are. The rumor is that the release will be in august.

Any chance we can get an update on these upcoming releases, Modiphius, please?

The Fall of London, V5 Players Guide, and the Second Inquisition books are already supposed to have been released or close to and the holiday release for the Starter Set is quickly approaching.

Any info would be appreciated.

There was an update.
I don’t have the exact press release, but the Players Guide is set to be released as a PDF in December and a physical product in February.
I think Fall of London is in March?

EDIT: I found it
Here we go.

2 Likes

hey everyone,im a old dm(its been 34 year of gaming)and im open to question,on older product of vampire,im running a v5 game too so im glad to join in!

2 Likes