Dune Product Wishlist

Dunno if its been said yet. But I would like to see maps similar to the Conan Rpg. Or some kinda battle map to help with the Warfare aspect.

I’m running a fairly large multiplayer community for DUNE RPG. Currently we have 5 active GM’s, 20 PC’s with approved Character Sheets and VTT tokens in Roll20. I’ve ran 15 sessions or so. The players have created 4 playable Houses, plus 11 enemy-rival-adversary Houses. We are using 14 Houses from Dune canon. There are 4 Bene Gesserits, 5 Fremen (varying archetypes), and we have a Spacing Guild with 3 of the players. Some Houses are on Arrakis. Many are on other planets.

Dune Product Wishlist, with practical applications:
Sometimes called Splatbooks or Supplements, we don’t need Lore so much as as we need additional frameworks in the mechanics that can work for PC’s and Houses and Factions. High playability, replayability. Not all mechanics or crunch, but sophisticated deep campaign-framing material that lets PLAYERS and CHARACTERS try more parts of the Dune universe. Similar to the concept of “Build Your Own House”, but finding more areas of Dune that we can Build-Your-Own with Modiphius’ How-To books.

Spacing Guild book: How to Create Planets. New Planet Sheet. How to price the Highliner rides (whether CHAOM debt or pay in Solaris/credits)… is this per-cubic meter of vehicles & cargo & personnel? Or is it an airplane ticket per-person? Do House Majors pay more to get their Transport aboard Highliner than House Minors pay? Is there a Discount if you’re friendly with Spacing Guild or have an Agent with you? Is there an upcharge if you don’t? Chapter about CHAOM here, for financials.

HOUSE Book. How to play House class-mobility from Nascent > < Minor > < Major > < Great House > < How to become the Emperor and Imperial House. Debts to CHAOM, how to take out loans. A way of rough-estimating Spice income, and other industries income for Houses specialties, connected to Wealth, Holdings, Assets, making a House eligible to rise or fall to another level. List of Alternate titles for Rulers and the other Roles. Many pre-filled House Sheets with all the Roles named, with varying specialties, to be used for allies or rivals in games.

New Sheets perforated book. House Sheets of course. Character Sheet. NPC sheet. Now add a Fremen Seitch sheet. Spacing Guild sheet. Bene Gesserit Faction sheet. Laandstraad sheet. Let us GM’s and Campaigns track this extent of bigtime players. It’s been hard to shoehorn a Naib’s Seitch roles into the existing House Sheet fields. Same for the Guild!

Vehicle book expanding with more illustrations (not necessarily “stats” but yes descriptions and pics) for Carryalls, Harvesters, Ornithopters, Transports, Highliners. Pictures of variety of House-styles for each. Variety of sizes for each. Old junker carryalls for a Nascent House. Fancy pin-striped shiny painted Carryall for a Great House’s fleet. Lumbering brutalist-style Carryall for Harkonnen or other grim House.

Thanks Modiphius! More ideas where those came from, my Dune group on Discord.

6 Likes

I agree with most of the comments here on pre written adventures and all the supplements. I am really looking forward to having Sand and Dust in my grubby hands also. What I really want is for there to be a preorder up for Agents of Dune. I have already run a couple games but would really love to have this.

Keep ‘em coming Modiphius. I have gone from never having heard of 2d20 to playing nothing but Dune, Fallout and A!C in just a couple months.

2 Likes

We are getting some pdf adventures on the docket in the same was Star Trek does, and there will be more in supplements.
Preorder for Agents will be coming once we have it all finally approved and sorted.
Its what we’ll be doing for pretty much all the products, with a preorder going live once we are ready to go to print.

1 Like

Andy, awesome. I will have my preorders in literally as soon as they hit the store. Thanks for the updates. As always excellent work and thanks for the response.

1 Like

A book on expanding characters into masters of their craft. Sword masters, Battlemasters, Masters of Assassins. Etc

1 Like

No doubt. I would like to see a War of Assassins Era book, focusing on the plots of Elrood IX and his son Shaddam IV not to mention everyone else plotting.

1 Like

Alternate campaign/backbones. Why? Paul Atreides is too large a figure, so the immediate goal is to remove him… except that he’s also integral to the movies (err, ah, the books). So I recognize the merchandising need to keep him. (You bought the license to capitalize on Timothee-Paul, after all.)

Alternate universes or ways to drive action through the players without being zits on the back of Paul would energize the sidelined players who don’t really want to be Paul’s leftovers, however.

A “Great Pendragon Campaign” book, or a giant meta-plot like Coriolis’ “Mercy of the Icons”? May be too much, but also not enough to kill Paul for us. Something along those lines, though, and perhaps a vehicle for Legacy… jumping into Children of the Main Characters, in generational play (which is also keeping with the eugenics/Bene Gesserit, the story of the novels).

(If I have a criticism, it’s the “safety” around the Bene Gesserit? That ought to be pushed rather than sidelined to suit the people who don’t like the universe and never will understand the universe. They’ll play Coriolis or Star Wars or something else, anyway. We need a Full Throttle version of the Bene Gesserit, and a sourcebook that includes some kind of eugenics/Legacy program would be powerful.)

Anyway, alternate universe/campaigns. There could be multiple jumping-off points out of one book. Paul (God-Emperor)-as-villain. Paul-as-female (where Lady Jessica delivered the female child, to pair with the Harkonnen heir, Feyd-Rautha, and what that might mean). A little more meat on the bones of a campaign where there’s already a hugely large figure… that would go a long way, I think.

2 Likes

I like these ideas! They allow the GM much more creative freedom.

1 Like

Modiphius have said they have plans for a Bene Gesserit sourcebook but that they are waiting to see what is in Dune: The Sisterhood TV series before they go too deep on it as they will want to incorporate anything that comes out of that into it.

We have Masters of Dune, which is a ‘galaxy spanning campaign’ coming out later this year. (Hopefully, I’m seeing RPG companies across the board delaying products due to logistics snarls)
I’m not sure this will quite reach the epic heights you reference, but we shall see.

Pendragon/Generational play sound like a great idea that has been bandied about before. With the Houses of the Landsraad book we may see something on this as it apparently has rules for promoting your House from Nascent->Minor->Great->Major which could be a millennia long campaign to do the full arc.

Modiphius is bound by their license with the Herbert Estate/Gale Force Nine which probably won’t allow them to go too far off the beaten track. Though I agree nothing wrong with them giving certain jump off points and musing about where GMs & players may take their games.

1 Like

To me without a doubt books expanding on the mechanics of play and environments would be the 1st choices. For example:

Book about House Play: In detail look at all aspect of House play. From how move a house from Nascent to Major or higher if possible. Information about economic aspects such as trade rules, trade routes, pricing, amassing wealth, etc. Information about political rules and interplay between houses. All the good stuff that gives a good backbone and creates useful references for us to create and run our own House play.

Book about Planets: More info about planets, their houses, important NPC’s, some suggested conflict and interest options for using said planets as game maps, planetary maps, and more.

I know both of these were sort of announced and if i am just beating a dead horse please ignore this. Also if there is a date to the release of next book(s) somewhere around here I would really appreciate the heads up.

Tech Book: More info on vehicles, devices, weapons, and tech in general. Considering how precarious the situation with technology is in Dune it would be useful to have a great source of information with stat blocks on all existing tech, as well as some ground rules for the devs about creating and adding tech in the game universe.

3 Likes

Yeah I am really looking forward to the House stuff. I personally don’t really care about the events post-Dune cause I like the tradtiional Imperium and so seeing more Landsraad and House stuff would be brilliant. Lot sof potential there.

Also tech stuff would be cool. Especially because I think there is a mindset issue (that I know I also had) about tech in the Dune universe. Its not so much ‘anti-tech’ as it is “no thinking machines” and so technoloy is still very advanced but they don’t really do computers. But mechanical power is probably very impressive - I could see gears, conveyor belts, simple machines with punch card (and equivalent) programming, all possible.

2 Likes

Very much would like a sword master book.

1 Like

Modiphius have said that the Imperial Court book (out after Houses of the Landsraad & Masters of Dune) will include rules for “Ginaz level characters.”

Not technically said there will be Ginaz, but the implication is definitely there.

I can’t confirm or deny the others, but yes, all your House needs will be answered with ‘Houses of the Landsraad’.
Ginaz Swordmasters and a lot of other very cool high level and non-standard characters will be available with The Imperial Court.
They will both be on the way after Masters of Dune which is the next release.

I’m really excited to see them out in the wild as with them we move off Arrakis into the Imperium at large.

3 Likes

Aha, so it is Masters of Dune and then Houses of the Landsraad! scribbles in notebook

So… how long on average does it take to publish a product these days? Theoretically speaking. :wink:

It is indeed.
As to how long - how long is piece of string? It all depends which part of production decides to be difficult and there are a lot of moving parts! :slight_smile:
I believe we plan just under a year from concept to delivering to shops. But even that can be optimistic!

1 Like

Just to update where we are on known products (released and hinted at)

Released
Dune Corebook (Base, Collectors & Imperial editions)
GM Screen/Toolkit (Screen & GM Tips)
Sand & Dust (Arrakis Sourcebook)
Agents of Dune (Roleplay Campaign Experience AKA Super Starter Set)
4 sets of dice (Arrakis, Spice, Harkonnen & Atreides)

Confirmed
Masters of Dune (Multi-chapter, non-linear campaign book both on and off Arrakis. May follow on from Agents of Dune but not clear)
Houses of the Landsraad (House management & expansion book. Mainly off Arrakis. Lots of cool artwork)
Imperial Court (Politics & High level characters. Really excited for this [I love one of the authors] but Danny will send Sardaukar after me if I talk too much)

Hinted, but no confirmations
Bene Gesserit book (Waiting until after the TV Series)
Meta Currency tokens (Nothing confirmed yet. Possibly poker chips or smaller plastic ones with House symbols. But still at In-House discussion level)
Era Books (New books will cover time periods other than the Imperium Era)
Spacing Guild book (No official comment yet, but given the BG book and the focus on Factions I think there is a good chance)

Currently ruled out
Miniatures (Never say never, but not on the cards at the moment)
Skirmish Game (Would require a re-work of license/new license. Unlikely, but again things can change if Modiphius thinks there is a viable market)

3 Likes

Adventures set on places other than Arrakis would be great
I think the BG and the Guild have to get their own source-books eventually but I hope the Landsraad do too

2 Likes

Oh man this 10000%. Lets get off Arrakis please. Lets go elsewhere. In space, other planets, whatever.

Honestly Arrakis is the least interesting planet to me personally in Dune. I want Imperium and House and Guild and Order stuff. Traders. Scouts. Investigators. Nobles. Warriors.

Lets have an adventure in the wider Imperium.

1 Like