Battlemode 2021 force lists updated and online

Hey folks, the force lists for Battlemode have been updated to the new 2021 format and are now available online: Battlemode

Please do let us know if you spot any issues.

The information is presented in a slightly different way to (hopefully) make things easier, everyone will need the Items file for points and options, then just download the sheet for your faction(s) to see who can take what.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

@Modiphius-Jon: The only issue I noticed on a quick first pass is that on the Wasteland Creatures list, the Weak Feral Ghoul is listed as Does Carry Recent Feral Ghoul Swipe rather than Weak Feral Ghoul Swipe.

A few things look a bit odd though like:

1. The Weak Super Mutant Behemoth does not have access to Usable Items like pretty much all other creatures including the standard Behemoth?
  2. Nowhere that I saw does it say which Super Mutants have access to the Super Mutant Items list (and I kind of expect that the two rock throws should be under special items rather than there).
  3. Should the various suits of Power Armor be in their own section rather than under Hi Tech items since that would imply that units like Gen-1 Synths or Institute Scientists could use them since they have access to Hi Tech
  4. Maybe it is just me but should some of those Survivor companions like Ronnie, Preston, Cait, etc. really have access to Power Armor? Also should so many of the Raiders have access to it?
  5. Was it by design that all the Institute Synths lost access to the basic Baton and now can only take the more expensive Stun Baton?

That is a mistake from the past, needs to be corrected.

Good catch - it’s only a minor find but should be changed.

All super mutants should have access to these items, thats a mistake. The Rock Thrower is limited to the Behemeth on the card itself. So it could either be Special or Super Mutant.

No, Power Armour is an ability, you can’t wear it without Power Armour. Than you need to look which Power Armour you got access to (Wasteland, Advanced, High Tech)

As above - Raiders and Companions only mostly only got access to low level Power Armour (and NCR Power Armour at a later stage)

Yes - in the game the use more advanced Batons, not the basic one.

The thing with requiring Power Armor also listed was not clear but makes sense now.

I do feel that some item cards are going to need a revision though on who can use them. The one that leaps out is the Synth Relay Grenade. Now it could be used by non-Institute forces like the BoS. Also why buy many expensive 60+ point Gen 1 Synths (with the stun batons) when you can buy 18 point grenades and even give them to your group of Battered Gen 1 Synths? There is allot of room for abuse with that item alone.

I can understand your previous question. It has come up multiple times since releasing this new way of sorting items / cards. Maybe we can convince @Modiphius-Jon to do a short notice update to make it clearer :slight_smile:

The Synth Relay Grenade is a very difficult item from my point of view. To be honest, I NEVER take them as it takes away at least two actions - one from the throwing model and one from the model, that is placed. So it’s all down to the question, wether you wanna get an additional model for the cost of actions… that’s the reason why it is so cheap… and buying 18 would mean you need at least 9 rounds :slight_smile:

Hey, I have found a mistake with Hellfire Troopers and Tesla Coils, coils should be at Tesla Soldier (it is empty).
Battle mode says that you can bring a mod for a weapon for example, but now could you bring 2 different mods for the same weapon/model? Same with robots and creatures?
Could a creature have a leader card (not creature controller)? Because there is no possible model to take the creature controller leader card in the creatures list, should not be one at least as robots list??

@DK-dark: I was just going to point out that issue with the Tesla Soldier/Hellfire Trooper, good catch. The creature controller leader card has specific rules that it cannot be a creature but can be a model from any other list (with some limitations). Since creatures only have access to Creature Items or Dog Items respectively (except for the Alien that could have a Leader card but not Creature Controller) they do not have access to any Leader cards as there are none in those lists.

@Olli : Even so it still seems the Synth Relay grenade is an issue to me, not to mention it is far more lore breaking than having Gen 1 Synths with regular batons to have BoS or Enclave models using it to summon Synths. While I realize that the desire was still to allow its use for the Sole Survivor it should probably be limited to Institute only.

yes I know, it was like an ironic question because every single faction, even creatures outside battle mode, could have a leader with a card, so the main question is… should not be there, in the creature list, a model wich could equip a leader card? or at least the creature controller card? Is it the only list that could not choose a leader card?
I know they cannot equip a leader card, but I think they need an exception in someway to get less confusing with creature rules, because it is mandatory to use a non creature model with the leader card in the others modes of play… Someone like the Mechanist, maybe the Antagonizer :grinning:??

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 12.08.22 AM

I posted this in the discord as well, but unless the Mojave is bringing in some more heavy-duty hardware, this might be a typo.

Also, the mechanists armor is listed as a robot item- does that mean robots can wear it?

@DK-dark : As I mentioned above, they do technically have one figure that can equip a Leader card namely the Alien. He just cannot equip the specific Creature Controller one.

@AChapin : I expect that the Mechanist’s Armor is another example of cards that will need updating due to this new format. I think the main issue is that many items were always intended to allow them to also be used by the Sole Survivor and so they did not have unit limits on them or enough unit limits for this new format. I am also pretty sure that a 100mm pistol is probably a typo :grinning:

Oh sorry, I did not see that one, and I thought just in the creature controller, so…pfff :sweat_smile: Maybe Alien is updated to Creature faction but no creature type so he gets the option to take the creature controller, that could be a good option meanwhile :grinning:

Is there a list of what costs have changed? If not in this update, at least for future rebalances? It’d be really convenient and helpful, and presumably not too difficult to generate.

Yes, it would be really good, at least as the others documents in magenta :grinning:

Please do not hit me, but I think these are all the changes that where made

Item Classification Current caps Changes
Environmental Suit Advanced Items 20 15
Atom Cats Jacket And Jeans Wasteland Items 5 12
Battered Fedora Wasteland Items 8 12
Camouflage Advanced Items 6 22
Dirty Postman Uniform Wasteland Items 5 12
Eyeglasses Advanced Items 3 7
Institute Division Head Coat High Tech Items 4 7
Institute Lab Coat High Tech Items 6 7
Military Fatigues Advanced Items 4 7
Patched Three-Piece Suit Wasteland Items 4 12
Road Googles Wasteland Items 3 7
Robotic Bits Advanced Items 3 7
Tricorn Hat Wasteland Items 5 7
Admin Password Advanced Items 8 25
Skeleton Key Wasteland Items 8 25
Fat Man High Tech Items 60 45
Final Judgement High Tech Items 27 35
Gatling Laser High Tech Items 25 30
Heavy Incinerator High Tech Items 25 35
Powerful Upgrades 8 16
Gauss Rifle High Tech Items 40 42
Plasma Rifle High Tech Items 24 19
Alien Unit 80 97
Aviator Unit 88 95
Brute Unit 87 95
Colonel Autumn Unit 115 103
Dog Unit 80 70
Dogmeat Unit 95 83
Dogmeat Guard Dog Unit 95 83
Dogmeat Scout Unit 100 86
Enclave Soldier Unit 80 95
Fist Unit 79 86
Hammer Unit 105 109
Hellfire Trooper Unit 90 108
Hound Master Unit 63 90
Knight Unit 65 62
Lancer Unit 60 57
Lancer-Captain Kells Unit 88 80
Legion Mongrel Unit 60 65
Lieutenant Unit 57 62
Master Unit 100 107
Mutant Hound Unit 63 65
Nuka-Girl Unit 85 100
Radscorpion Unit 77 82
Sole Survivor Unit 103 107
Sole Survivor Day One Unit 81 85
Sole Survivor Loner Unit 123 126
Sole Survivor Tech Unit 85 88
Strong Unit 80 86
Super Mutant Unit 40 42
Tesla Soldier Unit 85 101
Warrant Officer Unit 60 71
Young Radscorpion Unit 48 54

In regard to creatures and leaders - the new battlemode will remove the necessity for a creature / robot controller, so you play pure creatures and robots (with addition of the mechanist)

The mechanists armour is a very strong and special armour. We wanted to limit the accessibility to the mechanist alone by putting it to the robot items. Maybe we will put it into “special items” in the future. And no, robots can’t use it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And Frank Horrigan! He has changed A LOT of points :sweat_smile:

1 Like

True - also the Deathclaw Matriarch… Thanx for the reminder

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.53.46 AM

Another issue - the Staggering Pipe Rifle is listed as a pistol. I’m pretty sure this should be under the Rifle section, right?

One question: Currently, the Battle Mode points list and the Unit and Item Costs PDFs from the main downloads page have different costs for the same items. Should the Battle Mode points be considered the current/most up-to-date values, or are there different costs for these items based on which mode is being played?