Banquos Waste-Wonderland

I recommend keeping the bombs,head and base separate before glueing as it makes painting a lot easier. Other than that it’s a great model to paint.

1 Like

Could you share a side profile pic of him as well? I’m particularly interested in how the backpack fits to the torso.

Mine arrived today and the backpack/torso connection looks a bit weird to me.
Also, mine arrived with the right arm snapped in two below the shoulder and the left hand missing the index finger, but customer support has already sorted me out and replacements will be on the way soon.

The more I look at it, the more I think it’s going to be an easy model to pin. I’m thinking 3-4 points of contact for each point, give it a reasonable amount of depth, glue the end that gravity will be pulling parts toward and leave the other end unglued.

The hips look like they could be tricky, and the shoulders might require the pins to be angled a bit, but I’m not really concerned about the rest.

When I get around to my own, I’ll try to take some pictures. I’m hoping mine will show up in about a week. (Watch, now that I’ve shot my mouth off about pinning things, I’m going to struggle with it. :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Any chance you can do an Idiot’s Guide on how you are pinning it as I’ve never actually pinned a model before

I’ll see what I can do. I only recently started pinning some models. It’s one of those things I never thought I needed to do, but I tried it out with my crashed vertibird and was really happy with it. Been pinning a few of the larger models since then simply because it gives them a LOT more strength.

It’s not very hard to do. Just a small hobby drill, or even a small power drill. Biggest trick is to get your starting spot lined up properly and don’t go too deep. When I get mine, I’ll try to take a couple of pictures as I go along, kind of walk through the process.

1 Like

Here you are:

For me it was a tight fit and would hold without glue. Maybe something blocks the parts from connecting properly?

4 Likes

Since my attempt at pinning wasn’t very satisfying I’d like to see how you go about doing it. I’m looking forward to those pics!

Thanks for the pics.
There was indeed a tiny bit of excess resin on mine that kept things from sitting flush.

It’s been a while. Painting Lil’ Berty takes a lot of time!

I’ve also started using pigments and they stain like hell! It’s easy to use to much and I still have a lot to learn.

Honestly I want him off my table so I can focus on my next terrain building projects. Here he is, WiP so far:

I’m pondering whether I should put grass on the base or not, whether it’s a recently destroyed building, or collapsed hundred of years ago.

6 Likes

He is looking really good though :+1:

I’ve found that a damp brush takes off the pigments pretty well, not sure if you’ve tried that.

1 Like

I like the effect of the pigments! As for the grass, a lot of the buildings would have been overgrown anyway, so could be recently destroyed and still have the odd patch of plants mixed into the rubble :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea. I will give it a try, thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, I will do that. Just to make the base a bit more interesting. The bare earth does look a bit plain after all. :thinking:

1 Like

Drumlin Diner is ready for wheatering! :grin:
I had my doubts but now I’m really happy how it’s turning out.

@Info_Overload
Your tip for removing excess pigments with a wet brush worked wonders! I’ll post pictures of finished Lil’Berty tomorrow.

7 Likes

Looking really nice. 3d print? Or did you make it another way?

1 Like

Thanks! Everything is made from styrofoam with a hot-wire-cutter. Only exception is the sign, which is thin cardboard.

3 Likes

Hand crafted makes that amazing.

Planning to decorate the interior? The piece is going to look fantastic on the table.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m really looking forward to using it! :slight_smile:

Yes! I strife to give every building an interior! For that I’ll go the easy route:
4Ground has MDF diner furniture that is pre-painted. As for the kitchen, TTCombat has some fridges and ovens, but I haven’t gotten around ordering them, yet.

When I know exactly how big those pieces are, a couple of foam-cut sideboards will complete the interior.

1 Like

Well, that’s looking great! :smiley:

Glad that it helped, looking forward to seeing the pictures :+1:

1 Like

That’s seriously impressive work with a hot-wire cutter!

1 Like