Alaiteir's painted minis

I regret sending my son’s action figure scaled helicarrier to goodwill now… thanks.

1 Like

It would look epic…if you had a spare room you could store it in :laughing:

1 Like

Haha, yeah the room I rent is 3m by 5m, which is fine for keeping a roof over my head and so on but isn’t great if I want to be able to own or build much :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t a clue what the dimensions of the Prydwen would be, but I’d guess it would be at least a couple of metres long! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t seem to find a definite answer for how big it’s supposed to be in game, as there’s debate over whether or not it’s slightly scaled down like the overall map is, but I imagine you’re right!

Back when I played X-Wing more, I remember seeing some folks that had built a table to look like a Star Destroyer, and were using that to play on. Sounds like something similar might work here and use a sheet of MDF as the deck/playing surface, and then loose terrain pieces for the bits that come up off the deck. That way the biggest part could be stood in a corner for storage.

Probably still not a great option for your flat, but an interesting thought…

1 Like

That sounds like a really good idea! It’d certainly make building something that size a lot easier as well, and still be really fun to play on.

Yeah I don’t have any corners that aren’t already being taken up, but it’s an idea worth remembering for some day in the future :slight_smile:

For reference, here is one made out of cardboard that I found with a quick google search.

3 Likes

Ooh, that does look awesome!

1 Like

Oh, this is really not helping to talk me out of trying to build it… :man_facepalming::joy:

2 Likes

Haha, remember to post pictures if you do!

1 Like

Wow everything I see is so impressive I hit this game hard for a bit starting crafting on my own stuff and then I slow down got distracted by video games LOL. But seeing all this is got me excited especially with Wave 2 in the new announcement this is crazy awesome

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah it can be difficult to avoid getting distracted sometimes, though they’re planning to do future releases a couple of times a year if I’m remembering correctly? Should help to keep people interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally finished some more miniatures, this time adding reinforcements to my Brotherhood of Steel!

I was originally going to go for an orange look to the jumpsuit, but in game it seems the non power armour wearing knights actually use a black and green outfit (with the combat armour chest plate attached to some kind of leather vest). The metal itself was also noticeably dirtier/more rusted and had a more brown appearance overall than the ever so slight blue sheen to the T-60, which hopefully I’ve managed to capture on the models:

My whole Brotherhood force so far:

I really need to work on making more terrain I think, as as much as I love the small brick ruined I’ve put together, it struggles the carry the table on its own and it’d be cool to have more buildings to take pictures with. Still, I think I’m starting to get a decent looking set of miniatures for different factions together :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Looking really good.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Nice looking BoS force there!

1 Like

Thankyou! :slight_smile: It may not be the largest BoS force, but it still makes a decent recon squad, and I’ve got to provide models for both sides of any battles so I’m trying to have a balance between each of them (though as a result I’ve got no idea which core set I should go for once I’ve finished my current minis :stuck_out_tongue: )

Good work, tastefully done. I like them a lot.

1 Like

Thanks! If you’ve got any questions I’m always happy to try and answer, and any feedback or tips is always appreciated :slight_smile: