What will the Player's Guide bring?

In another forum someone mentioned they got a response e-mail from modiphius indicating “before gencon” but that it would not be here by March…

I have a feeling that Mophidius is following a similar business model as WotC with D&D 5e, each release will expand on clans, powers , etc. Smart.

Modiphius isn’t like OPP and doesn’t do announcements until they have something to announce, like being ready to do a presale/preorder on it like they did with Fall of London.

As noted above, last we heard was ‘after March but by Gencon’. It’s just hitting March. Give them time.

1 Like

Matthew the gentleman gamer just said that he’s been working on several unannounced books for V5, on his YouTube channel as well. So there’s things coming, we just have to be patient.

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear, do you mind linking to where he said that? Last I heard he wasn’t on any V5 projects recently.

Here ya go

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks :slight_smile:

Watching the video he did not say he was working on some unannounced V5 products.

He said he was working on some V5 products, which as we know could just be the stretch goals of Let the Streets Run Red and the like. Then he spoke about They game from beneath the sea and then he said he was working on some unannounced projects, but this does not mean they are V5. Near the end of the video he did say he had sent in some Outlines to Modiphious but those are basically pitches for games to see if they can be produced and Modiphius has not approved them as of yet iirc.

We know forum moderator read forum. But he didn’t make books.
Are any developers read this forum?
We are very disappointed about London, there almost nothing change from early pdf to final. Still London is full of bugs.
How can you convince us that Players Guide will be better?

1 Like

Actually, that list of ‘errata’ is pretty bogus.

Some of the listed complaints are based on misreading the text, others are more opinion than book error. Seriously, if you actually break them down, a whole bunch of them aren’t errors at all. I could, if people like, break down a load of them.

The changes required to be made from PDF to print probably fails to account for the fact that the printing was happening already when the PDF was released. The number of actual errors is about on a par with pretty much every first printing, which is not to say that spelling errors or placeholders should not be dealt with, but more that the hysteria is overblown.

1 Like

So I feel unfortunately like I started this whole thing and am wishing that I didn’t say anything more and more.

There is Errata so I don’t see it as bogus.

Fall of London is not what I would cal full of wholes, I thought the wholes were glaringly visible only because I found them so easily. It seems they were not as glaring as I thought as many did not see them. I do think that many people will find it useful, I personally do not and those that will not run a game set in London may not, but that is all splat books of this nature. I own Rage across the Appalachians and find it useless to me but it is still useful to others.

As for the VPG, the hope is not to Damn Modiphius but to point out errors that crept in and ask if they would conceder a slight pause between releasing the PDF and sending the book off to print next time so Errata can be compiled and we can get a book with less errors in it. Obviously it will not be error free as I don’t think any book in the line has ever accomplished that monumental feat.

Even Chicago by Night after going through an advanced PDF screen still read that local newspapers cited werewolf attacks as a primary reason that the Sucubuss club closed down. errors happen but some errors are larger than others.

Saying you get full Blood points is a bigger error than STo instead of To in a paragraph. But that is just my opinion.

‘Holes’ is how you spell it, not "Wholes’. :wink:

Seriously, though, some of the ‘errors’ listed on that errata you supplied are not errors - just misreadings and/or opinions. The actual number of errors in a first printing is nothing damning at all. The errata for D&D 5E, on first printing, amounted to several pages more than has been listed here. And they were actual errata.

I never said I was a writer, I know I can’t write which makes it even worse that I can catch these mistakes.

And which one of the ones I listed are not errors?

The discussion was had over on the Discord site, but people who have claimed that rules given for UV light or the Tasers contradict what is said in the core V5 rules are incorrect. They misunderstood what was being said in the case of the UV light (which might distract, as an option in play, but not otherwise affect vampires as per the core rules). In the case of the Tasers, people are just assuming that tasers will be state-off-the-art in London 2012, and exaggerating how much of a threat they’d be to vampires (which take half the number of stun rounds, and can negate it with heavy clothing anyway).

Regardless of the arguments made, these do not actually represent errors in text They’re just opinions about rulings made - and should not be on the errata list. There are several other examples of this.

Beyond this, and beyond any level of snark, the point about the spelling error of ‘Whole’ vs ‘Hole’ is simply that, although it could be corrected, it does not make your post ‘unusable’. It’s a minor error - and is all it should be treated as.

1 Like

Ah, yes those are opinions yes. Though I agree with them on their points they are not really errata. I thought you were talking about the things I listed in the other thread not the link I posted which is not my list.

The “whole/ hole” thing does feel a bit on the snark side and somewhat an attack on my character or intelligence level or at the least could be taken as one. As I have stated several times the book is not usable to “me” not that it is not usable to “others”.

1 Like

I’ll be perfectly honest here. I’m using the fall of London with no problems at all. It is a source book for a campaign. I’m not even using it in London. I’m using it in Ashland, KY. Grabbing the pieces I want and leaving the rest alone. Does it make canonical sense, absolutely not. But my players couldn’t care less about that.

3 Likes

Ashland, KY

I keep forgetting there’s a lot of gamers based in central KY doing Vampire.

It’s slowly growing here, but we’re trying to get it out there for everyone to enjoy.

Well, there was a degree of snark in the ‘Whole/Hole’ thing, but it still makes a point about how far people can argue about spelling errors making a text unusable.

Actually I think there is an issue over saying a book is ‘unusable’ also, even when specified to yourself. What I think you are trying to say is the book doesn’t have any use for yourself because you were wanting it to be a sort of toolbox of rules. But it wasn’t billed as such - it was billed as a Chronicle book. This chronicle may not be what you were after, but that doesn’t make it ‘unusable’ - not should we infer, as you appear to be doing, that it was misleadingly sold as a book about rules. Just because you don’t want to use the book for the purpose it was written doesn’t make the book unusable - not even to yourself. It just means you don’t have a use for it.

And some of the opinions you site in the list, that you say you agree with, are misinterpretations of what the text states. Not only are they not citing real errors, but the criticisms are simply incorrect.

You may think I am being harsh on you, and I fully acknowledge other people have being saying the same thing on other sites, but I want you to be aware that overblown criticisms are not just unfair on Modiphius. They also are misleading to consumers.

1 Like