What do people hope to see in future expansions?

It’s hard to say for sure. I know the creators have mentioned that Mad Max was a big inspiration for the game, and it would seem to me that a biker gang is common enough in the style of setting that no one would think twice about it.

Well, in concept art for “Van Buren”, Caesar’s legion was meant to have motorbike chariots. While we haven’t had any biker gangs so far, they were planned on at one point.

A big reason we haven’t had vehicles in Fallout 3 and beyond is because Bethesda has said they would be too difficult to incorporate. That’s why any of the vehicles in those games are scripted events that you can’t control.

Still, I’d like to see them used in this game. Even if it is only a little.

I always thought that was a kind of cheap excuse. Yeah, being the wasteland is going to make navigating vehicles a little difficult at times, but that’s part of the appeal isn’t it?

Just imagine driving along a road, only to have it end suddenly. Or being in a position where you have to move a vehicle or two in order to make a path that you can drive your own. Or seeing a gang of raiders crossing the wasteland on a mixture of big motorcycles, dirt bikes, and mopeds, . . .

1 Like

I always figured it was like the fusion cores. They hold a nuclear charge, but need to be recharged at times. Either that or it may be some form of hybrid vehicle where it’s powered by the nuclear battery combined with a more traditional fuel source.

Fast travel kind of does away with the “Admiring the scenery” as well, at least with a vehicle, they don’t have to give it to you early in the game, and it encourages you to actually travel from place to place rather than clicking a point on the map and simply jumping there. :wink:

1 Like

Mayne the Red Rocket and other stations were pumping out premium grade Plutonium fuel (other atomic fuel types availiable😆)

From the wiki:

Although Red Rocket was known to distribute petroleum-based fuels such as gasoline and diesel,[1] by 2077 certain locations in the Boston area exclusively offered reactor coolant for nuclear-powered vehicles.[2] “Class A Coolant” was sold for the going rate of $103.99 per gallon, and “Class C Coolant” for $113.99.[3]

1 Like

Me too! Awesome stuff…and all those old wrecks just lying around with that volatile fuel in their old tanks!

Maybe a Greaser pack. Can be painted as Kings, Atom Cats, or Tunnel Snakes.

2 Likes

YES! That would be fun…could even convert a few of the leather raiders if needs be.
Tunnel Snakes rule!:sunglasses:

1 Like

That is a really good idea. One pack (Especially if they had some kind of sicker pack for the logos) could easily cover all of those groups. Give us a set of cards for each grouping with 2-3 stat sets per faction, and we’d have a simple pack that would allow us to field a LOT of play options.

2 Likes

I would like to see a FO3 style campaign pack…

The Antagonizer VS The Mechanist (FO3 version)

Ghouls as a playable faction
SGT Gutsy
Protectron variants
Protagonists from the various games
Bobblehead stand

2 Likes

Anyone up for feral ghoul reavers?
I loved/hated those things in FO3.

Not sure what they were like in 3 (only played 4 and NV), but more ghouls would be good! I know there’s the bloated glowing one pack coming out, but there’s not much variety (in terms of poses and so on) in that or the ferals set currently out. I’m hoping to sculpt some unique ones (including some reavers) for my own use, but it’d be nice to have the cards and the option to be able to just buy them.

I haven’t played 4 yet and the reavers in NV are pretty tame compared to those in 3.
The ones in 3 were beasts. They could tank a hit from a mini-nuke, rip out parts of their organs to throw radioactive goop explosives your way and tear you to shreds even if you were wearing power armor. Add that they could lunge at you from a distance, emitted radioactivity, had a fast running speed and stood a decent chance of detecting you even while stealthing with a Stealth Boy and Chinese Stealth Armor and you get a terrifying opponent.

for one of the wave bonus models i wouldn’t mind seeing the puppet man from Vault 77

2 Likes

Ah ok, so fighting them was more like a boss fight kind of thing? I confess I wasn’t so keen on the ghouls in NV, they just seemed too much like generic zombies in terms of appearance and feel. I personally much prefer the look they have in 4. For me, I’m wanting to be able to do missions where BoS units get to blast through waves of individually weak, but numerous, ghouls, or lay out a map set inside a ruined lab building with feral stalkers hiding among the bodies, ready to leap out and attack! Still, one of the advantages of tabletop is that we can adjust rules/homebrew to suit whatever needs we each may have :slight_smile:

Variety in feral ghouls would be nice but I’d prefer to get non-feral. Harold remains at the top of my wish list.

The Puppet Man is a great choice for a bonus character. I hope he is a bit overpowered if they make him.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at their Protectron models and thinking it would be nice to have variants that would allow us to do the Fire, Police, Construction, Medic, etc, variants. Maybe even Nukatron and Galactron variants too. They could even do a Protectron two pack with one of each type of head so we could build what we want. I mean, . . . who doesn’t want to make at least one Protectron Sheriff?

Feral Ghoul Reavers are a must! A second set of regular Ghoul poses would be nice as well.

Would be really nice to get a set of non-Ferral Ghoul settlers/scavengers as well as a set of Ghoul Raiders.

I really like the idea of Puppet Man as a bonus at some point. That was a pretty amusing story and doing a model for him would be a nice touch.

How could I forget Swan? I know, we already have a Behemoth. but Swan is unique.

3 Likes