What are people planning to do for terrain?

I had noticed that and thought it looked a bit like welding seams too. :smirk: When I had originally seen the terrain pieces there wasn’t a model with it to give context for size. I was actually picturing it a bit smaller. Very pleased to see how they look, and I think I’ll make use of your painting suggestion, it seems to have worked well for your billboards.

1 Like

Great to see so many awesome terrain collections going together! TTC also do a good line in little scenics like piles of rubbish and old chairs etc.
Can’t wait for Modiphius Nuka cola machines to come out…i find it’s the little details that really make scenery fun to play on.
Am really looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

1 Like

Those buildings from TT looks great … maybe I will order some for myself. Any chcance to get free shipping code somewhere?

1 Like

Neat. How did you go about making it? Some balsa wood for most of it? Numbers done with a knife just scarring the wood?

1 Like

That looks great!
I’m going to try and make a secret bunker type building for when the Enclave minis come out.

1 Like

the vault door is a wicked idea makes me want to revisit my vault city idea for a terrain board hmm if i get some quite time while i am at work think i might have to sketch an idea of how that would go together

1 Like

I’m kind of hoping that since Modiphius and Battle Systems are working together for at least some of the terrain, that they do a “Vault” set eventually. Even if it’s done as a core set with add on sets. I think it would be really fun to put together a vault for play.

I also hope that a diner is high on their list of priorities when it comes to terrain. :wink:

1 Like

I’m kind of hoping that when they get to Nuka World that we’ll see a bundle of miniatures for each of the raider factions and a bundle for the leadership (Coulter, Gage, and the heads of each of the raider groups.) That would be a LOT of fun. Not only would it let us expand our raiders quite a bit if we wanted to mix and match, but it would also let us do little sub factions if we wanted. And just to stay with the theme, they could so Bottle and Cappy as the preorder bonus for that wave. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actually pretty excited about seeing Far Harbor content too. I’d love to see some Trapper figures, Vim soda machines, and any of the wildlife from the island. A “Red Death” miniature would be good for a few laughs as well.

On a side note with Far Harbor: Check out the TTCombat “Gray Harbor” line. There are some great houses that are an almost perfect match for Far Harbor. I’ve got a couple of them coming right now.

1 Like

I do not know if this will help or not but I notice miniature market is selling a line of post apocalypse buildings for the 28mm-35mm ranges. I just ordered a nice looking diner, called Plast Craft Colored: Post Apocalypse - Diner, it looks really cool and would fit onto the red rocket terrain well.diner

Ah I just noticed that the whole line is produced by another company, sorry here is link to the full company and it’s line of post apocalypse stuff. I have ordered a few terrain pieces of this set through the miniatures market site. https://plastcraftgames.com/en/9-post-apocalypse
If this does not go here I will happily remove it just let me know. :grinning:

Their content is a little spendy, but there’s no doubt that it’s some really impressive looking terrain pieces. Their ship has been recommended a couple of times to me in the past. Thanks for sharing the link, makes a good shortcut for others.

1 Like

Ah I am not aware on what is a good price or not in all honesty lol. This is my first miniatures game, aside from a few games of DnD with a friend, so haven’t really known what to do for terrain and like.

With miniature terrain, you typically get what you pay for. The ones you link are expensive compared to a lot of other stuff, but it’s some really beautiful pieces. Alternately, some place like TTCombat has some nice pieces, but they’re not even in the same league as what you linked. :wink:

1 Like

I’d suggest just getting one piece of terrain from PlastCraft (if any at all) to see how you like it. I haven’t had good experiences with their kits and regret having purchased 3-4 without having tried it out first. This is true for any terrain kits though.

1 Like

Ah thanks for the advice will make sure to do so, I also ordered a few Jersey concrete barricades, a fee oil drums, and some dead trees to go with it. A friend recommended miniature market to me so been ordering most my stuff from there.

If you have a hobby store (Or many online stores like Ebay or Amazon) that has “O” Gauge model train terrain, that’s the same scale as this as well.

O Gauge model trains and accessories range from 1/43 to 1/48 scale. (Europe tends to be toward the low end of that, Asian tends to be in the middle, and the US tends to be toward the top of that scale range. But keep in mind that like anything, size can also vary from brand to brand too.)

I’ve actually picked up a few model train cars, and some 40’s-50’s era vehicles (Found a 1953 Ford that’s going to look great on the table as soon as I figure out how to tarnish the paint on it) in the 1/48 size range to supplement the terrain I’m getting from the Starter Scenic set as well.

32mm Miniatures are about 1/48 to 1/50 scale. But just like the model train stuff, it can vary a little bit from brand to brand.

I just dug out my old camera a few days ago in anticipation of getting to share some pictures with everyone. When my orders start coming in, I’ll take some pictures of my terrain with the Wasteland Warfare terrain and models to give people a better idea of scale on the model train stuff too.

Miniatures Market is great. I’ve done business with them for a long time now, and they’re pretty dependable, and their pricing is usually very fair. (You can make off like a bandit if you find the right sale too.)

Best of luck finding all the pieces you want to set up your table. You’ll have to share with us what you eventually come up with!

1 Like

You could also try these guys … http://www.amera.co.uk/product.php?range=z …or see if there’s similar in your area.
I think they’re pretty good for the price and good to mix in with all of the above manufacturers terrain.
There’s also a great Austrailian manufacturer of mdf kits called “Knights of dice”…a good range or different genre scenery including one called “Aftermath”…a post apocalyptic range. Not cheap,but looks lovely.
Shinygames.uk sell them in the UK if you don’t want to send from OZ ,or don’t have a supplier where you are.
Hope this helps folks out!

2 Likes

First link: Looks like they might be a little small for Wasteland Warefare. The site lists them as 25mm to 28mm, while WW is 32mm.

That said, the craters look awesome and would work well, demolished buildings look good as they’re just remnants and don’t indicate scale real well, and their roads and barricades look really good. If you have some of their buildings, I’d love to see some pictures of it with the WW figures for scale. Not all companies scale the same, so it’s entirely possible that they will be well scaled for this.

The second link: The “Aftermath” stuff looks really good, and from the looks of things the scale should be right. Also, I browsed their stuff for a few minutes and was rather liking their Sentry City stuff as well which I thought looked good for the setting as well. I saw a few things I put on a wishlist, I’ll be heading over to their site when I have a bit of money some time. Looking at their own pictures, it looks like they’re very similar to TTCombat for the type and quality of product they provide, but it also looks like they might be a little more expensive.

Worfman Plaza, the Popcorn Carts, Plank Bridges, and the Highway Bundle all looked like they belong on my table. :wink:

Thank you for sharing! The second vendor you link especially looks like someone to keep my eyes on!

1 Like

One more supplier of decent looking and reasonably priced terrain…https://www.wargamestournaments.com/shop/terrain/scifi-modern/junk-town-28mm-terrain/page/2/
Their Junk town range can easily double as the ruined and repaired buildings of fallout. The Nissen hut looks particularly good imo.

Just one more option to give us the broadest choice in making Fallout games really come alive!:wink:

1 Like

Those billboards look so nice! I’ll have to do something like those posters with mine!

Spent £100+ on TTCombat terrain. I have a whole suburban town to play around in! When my stuff actually arrives that is!

1 Like

I’ve ordered two bundles from them now. First bundle arrived in about two weeks. The second bundle I ordered about a week ago, so I’m figuring it’s going to be here some time next week. Was very happy with the items I ordered, and their resins especially are awesome.

On a side note, I was poking around ebay last night and stumbled across these little gems. More than I wanted to pay for something to small, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it anyway:

Just search “Terrarium Mini” and you’ll see all kinds of things that should work for lawn decoration type things for your game board. I also saw some lawn flamingos at that size that I may pick up at some point.

1 Like