Modiphius.com  |  Modiphius Shop

Wenchi's Journey in painting(Again)

Hey y’all. Hope you guys are doing well despite the current Corona Virus pandemic going on (Stay safe!)

I’ve been sitting on a few sets from F:WW and have just recently put my hand to painting some of these suckers up. I’ve recently got 2 Corvega bits done to where I like the general idea of them but I am in need of advice on how to rust those bad boys and make them look extra worn, maybe some worn windows too, don’t worry I’ll fix up the little imperfections on the silver and reds and maybe get a wash to clean up the crevices.

I’ll be slowly doing more paint ups and trying to get similar things done at the same time (If that makes sense)

From here I’ll take some progress pictures and slowly improve over time. I used to paint a long time ago. If you guys have any advice I would greatly appreciate it and maybe even showcase the things you guys teach me! =D

5 Likes

It’d be almost a shame to weather those up! :slight_smile:
I haven’t tackled the Corvega’s yet but I like to use a sponge for my weathering. Tear a chunk of washing sponge off so it’s an uneven surface, dip it in paint and then tap it onto some paper so kost of the paint cones off. Then you’ll get a random pattern of blotches when you attack the car. I use two or three different rust colours and go back and forth between them not cleaning the sponge between and overlapping the same ares with different colours. Hopefully that makes sense!

2 Likes

They both look great! Seconded on Info’s recommendation, a sponge with a few different shades of brown/orange is great for rusting things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys for the feedback.

What kind of colours? I’ve got a lot of army painters and some still viable citadel pots.
Would it be some basic browns with a rust effect paint mixed in? Would you use a darker metallic to blend the tones from brown to orange?

I will give it a go hopefully tonight, just after I wash and highlight the raised parts of the car. After that I’ll look at rusting up the edges and prominent parts of the car, with some “leaking” rust down the white part. Oh and mess up that chrome too xD

I dont’ have much army painter so I can’t recomend any specific colours I’m afraid, I just use a dark brown, a reddish brown and an orangey brown. If you don’t have them just mix some red or orange into a basic brown - randomness in tone is your friend here, after all :laughing:

Do you mean rust effect like typhus corrosion, where it’s a thickish wash with texture in it? I put that on first, it gives the other colours some texture. But really, rust is organic and messy so it’d probably work in any order :slight_smile: