Wasteland Warfare App

I’ve played around with the app some and can say that I like it so far. Are there plans to include the RPG expansion material?

1 Like

Wow, awesome that our developer is taking such a personal approach… Kudos!

The look and feel of the App are great, especially for a beta so props there. I’ve seen far bigger developers publish full releases that aren’t this nice.

I had the same knee jerk reaction as many of the established players… Why am I being asked to buy cards again when I already purchased physical cards? However, I understand the need to support this product independent of the physical game. You should expect to pay for what you are going to use, this is a tool (and a phenomenal one) but not a requirement to play. It would be nice if there was a way to discount purchases for people who own physical cards, but that’s only probably likely for future printings… Feel free to prove me wrong though :wink:

As stated, there’s some great functionality here that’s provided free of charge outside of the cards, which I appreciate and hopefully other established players will too; all available whether you pay in or not.

Keep up the great work, eager to see where this goes!

1 Like

Any chance that equipment could be further organized, so we do not have to scroll through every item to find the one we were looking for?

FYI folks, I have just processed a full refund for all Google Play orders placed since the start of the beta. This is in part because I had incorrectly priced the packs in Android by applying tax twice, but also to allow those of you who bought Wave 1 packs before the Wave 1 bundle was released to buy the bundle instead if you so choose.

Some of you may have already bought the Wave 1 bundle or the Wave 2 pack - you have also received a refund. I realise this seems dumb because you will probably now go and purchase the same pack again, but given the number of refunds I had to process, it was far simpler to process every order than to try and pick out the ones that preceded Wave 1 or were at the wrong price.

I wanted to address a couple of consistent themes that have come up with feedback, but before I do, I want to thank all of you that have emailed me with positive comments about the app. Like you, I love the game, and the whole reason I made the app was to make it easier to play. I spent a lot of time testing it with friends and figuring out what worked. There is definitely still more work to be done, but after discussion with Modiphius we decided it was time to share what we have so far rather than waiting for it to be perfect.

1. I’ve heard a couple of times that people want a way to delete a force. The good news is that you can. Just swipe from right to left and you should see a delete icon. This works on most (but not all) lists. For lists where it makes sense, I will endeavour to make the behaviour consistent across the app.
  2. I’m aware that the Settlement Tracker refunds the full amount. I’ll put a fix in the next release sometime this week. The Settlement Tracker was something of a stretch goal while we were waiting for the final approval from Bethesda, so it is one of the less polished and tested parts of the app.
  3. The Force Builder is deliberately loose on restrictions, other than in Battle Mode. There are two reasons for this: the first, and most important, is that some folks like to implement house rules. Want a dog with a shotgun? Sure, why not. The second reason is that implementing the restrictions complicates the app and increases the chances of things going wrong.
  4. Pricing. Wow this has been a controversial topic. We talked a lot about how to fund the app. The reality is that it would not be as polished as it is if not for the financial incentive to develop it. Some of you have suggested charging for features and making the cards free, or charging for the app up front and unlocking everything. All I can say is that all options were considered. We went with something that we hoped wouldn’t undercut the value of the physical products, but knew that not everyone would agree. We also wanted the core app to be free so that anyone could try out the functionality with no commitment. Although I know a few people have objected to the pricing, I hope we’ve addressed this to some extent by introducing the Wave 1 bundle.
  5. Verifying ownership of physical cards - if the app had been planned from the start, this could no doubt have been implemented, but I didn’t approach Modiphius about making an app until well after the game had been released. Trying to put anything in place now would be flawed and open to abuse. I’m not ruling out something like this for the future, but at this stage I would say that it’s unlikely.

Again, thanks for all the constructive feedback. Some of you have articulated your frustrations better than others, but I know you all are hoping for a great app. As a one man team with a full time job, I will continue adding new features on evenings and weekends, but I’ll be relying on you, the community, to help me decide what is important. I’ve already heard a few feature suggestions, so I think soon I’ll set up something that lets you vote on features so that I know what to work on next.

Keep the comments coming!

Jamie.

4 Likes

I would like to see that at least in future releases something like a code can be included in the card packs to unlock them in the app.

I understand that it is difficult to verify ownership of physical cards, but I still think something can be done. For instance those that have bought stuff from the Modiphius webstore, shouldn’t be too difficult to confirm.

I think the app should come with some set of free cards like 2 player starter set. I don’t have an issue paying for the cards. Right now the app doesn’t yet make it easy to track all the tokens and conditions so it’s a glorified list builder (which I like given how many cards the game has). I also think it would be nice to be able to build an AI list quickly with all the costs for the units backed in with what is on the AI card.

The app is nice. The most important thing is force builder. When I see this pile of cards thinking of what is important for my model and what is useless makes me feel bad as I don’t have much experience in the game. I’m very appreciating how the app simplifies my life.
I’m looking forward for the rest of the cards and mechanics to be added in the app. I really wish to get rid of all these physical cards.
Kind of feature request: when I build the force and edit a model can we show the total amount of points of the force?
Is it possible to pass an item to a model in the battle tracker?

I’m honestly a bit in between - I don’t necessarily like paying more for cards I’ve already bought - especially when most of them are available for free in the PDFs. Though I do see the value in having everything sorted and organized.

I haven’t gotten a chance to play around with it too much yet, but I noticed a few things:

• You can’t have multi-model units. For non-unique units you can have a group that shares consumables like chems and grenades.
  • In normal mode there are a LOT of options. It would be great if the headers (Armor, Consumables, etc) were collapsable so we don’t have to scroll past all of the options.
  • Some equipment is allowed to be equipped when it shouldn’t be. I was able to equip an Aviator Cap on an enslaved tech, for example.
  • You can equip more than one piece of clothing/armor. IIRC that’s not legal.
  • The Mechanist seems to be missing? They’re not in any of the factions lists - even though the Alien and Nuka Girl are.
1 Like

@msg101 - what is it you aren’t finding easy about tracking tokens and conditions? This was my original intent when building, so I’d like to hear any scenarios in which it’s not quite hitting the mark for you.

@RErox - I’ll see if I can fit it in somewhere. I didn’t want to crowd the header bar as the unit name/cost is already up there, but if it’s feasible to show it at the same time I will. If a force is in battle, you can update it in the force builder and add it again - it will update. This allows you to add equipment if you forgot to, but it does mean you lose the statuses etc. from the units that you just updated if I recall correctly. You can also add items to a unit in battle via the unit screen.

1 Like
  • The easiest way currently to manage multi-unit models is to add multiple units manually but only add consumable items to one. This does mean you have to remember which unit has the item, but if multi-unit models is something a lot of people want in the app I’m sure I can come up with something better.
  • A couple of people have asked about narrowing down the options. It’s something I’ll look into.
  • Restrictions are deliberately loose to allow for house rules, although I may introduce something in future to make it clear when a unit/force isn’t strictly legal.
  • The Mechanist is missing - currently the app only includes Wave 1 and 2 cards but the rest are coming once I have time to input all of the stats, AI behaviours, images, equipment lists etc. :smiley:

Hi folks, I’d like to collect some feedback about the app to help me prioritise features. If you have a few minutes, please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/AGZjkE5Bp9Q6LEPg6

Also consider the brick-and-mortar retailers, who are taking a beating right now due to current events. Paying a third party for the cards (or downloading them for free, for that matter), is one less sale in store, so why would they load their shelves with product that won’t move?

It’s a tough situation, too. My FLGS finally got the Raiders and newest Survivors in-stock this past month - models that I got from the Modiphius store directly…last year I want to say? If it’s going to take that long for them to stock, then it’s not easy to count on them as a source. I did bulk out my Vault Dweller force a little bit, though, just to support them.

Hi all,
Yesterday we tested the app with a friend but we were unable to count damage on the power armour. Is there any way to do it or you have to simply as damage to the unit and than remove it after receiving enough damage to destroy armour?

1 Like

It would be nice if the Mechanist were included, so I can make a robot warband with him. Shouldn’t he be part of the wave 3 card pack?

Hi there, I have seen in the APP that Suicider has different stats, 9 health and 2,2,X of armor rating, the real one is 8 health and 1,1,X.
And I think there is a mistake about Cait, in the App appears with Psycho directly at 0 cost, and you cannot delete that chem, but in her AI card, it says Mentats, and you cannot add it for free…
Also, Mechanist’s armor appears with 0 cap cost.

I downloaded this app to a Samsung Galaxy S3 tablet and its just a blank white screen when i open it. Doesnt load at all. Anyone have this problem?

Email Jamie Morris, the app developer. Normally you would be able to do it through the app, but his email addresses are jamie@maloric.com and fallout@maloric.com. He’s pretty good at keeping up with feedback for the app.