War Budgies Battle Reports (Updated Sundays)

I selfishly wish they were longer. 20-30 min seems to fly by too quick!

Thanks! I’ll be asking for viewer input on Season 2 soon, so if you want to see longer vids, feel free to chime in

Your voice for Nora always makes me chuckle. Reminds me of the Herbert Daring Dashwood radio plays.

Ha! Yeah, a talented voice actor I am not. But I do get a kick out of the Storytime segments, might devote some more attention to those in the future. Glad you’re entertained!

4 Likes

For what it’s worth I think your current vid length is about perfect. The story element and situational set-up is there as well as action-by-action turns without a lot of wasted air time. I like watching the Modiphius content too but those do stretch out to multiple viewings over several days for me to get through one battle (not a knock on that content, just a difference). Yours are an ideal single watch length I think. I’m guessing maybe instead of longer vids ppl just want more vids :blush:. Just my two caps.

4 Likes

100% agreed.

1 Like

why would it have to be one or the other ? :wink:

1 Like

These are great! I’ve watched the 1st 2so far. You’re 2nd scenario was brilliant-I’m definitely going to try that one out as well as incorporating the ghoul house rule.

Keep them coming!

1 Like

Only just sat down to watch the reports, and they are great - keep them coming!
The length of 20-30 minutes seemed perfect, but maybe that was just because I watched all four at once… :slight_smile:
Seriously though, I like the speed and pacing of the videos, and love the story you’re crafting as you play through. The custom scenarios - especially the ghoul one - were really good and I’ll be stealing it once I can get my hands on some ghoul models!

1 Like

Well, here it is: the season 1 finale for the War Budgies battle report campaign! And there’s a link in the video description where you can chime in with your thoughts about what we should do for Season 2!

7 Likes

Great to see Mama Murphy in action. What a boss! Keep them coming!

3 Likes

The finale was a lot of fun, thanks for posting and looking forward to season 2!
Personally, I’d like to see more of the same. I like the themed scenarios (would be even better if you could write them up for others to use), and especially the little story at the start (and corresponding summary at the end).
The length (20-40 mins) is perfect, and I love that you’re one of the few video playthroughs I’ve seen that keeps the rules smooth, quick and (mostly) accurate.
On a side note, I was very glad to see that even you forget about VATS. I seriously love that rule and how it works, but the number 1 issue I have with it is how many times it’s forgotten!

2 Likes

Thanks! I have started to document the custom scenarios to release as a mission pack when I’ve assembled a few. And yes, VATS is awesome and entirely escaping my mind half the time

1 Like

Really enjoyed the episode, a great finale!

I agree with Gribble, more of the same would be awesome. Perhaps picking up with a repaired Codsworth joining Nora and the survivors as they travel the wasteland, either just following their adventures or having a powerful raider/supermutant pop up throughout as an antagonist that eventually leads into a dramatic final battle kind of thing.
I really like the pacing as it currently is personally. Slow enough to explain things and show off the rules well enough, but fast enough to keep things moving throughout each episode. The short story intros give a nice little narrative element to spice up each of the battles, without dragging on or anything.

Hope grad school goes well!

2 Likes

Well, there is the master from episode 2 (or was it 3?), who masterminded the victory at the farmstead and then (presumably) escaped. He’d make for a great season 2 antagonist… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just to mention that dogs cannot have drugs

Also remember combat slide, especially during the fight with the sentrybot and the mr handy this could have tied up both enemies also hard armour stops damage from fire as well

1 Like

True, but easy enough to pretend dogmeat was carrying a squirrel stew instead of a stimpack in this case.

1 Like

I’m late to the party but just binged all of your fallout vids, great work! They were a lot of fun, looking forward to season 2!!

3 Likes

Thanks! Got a bunch of non-Fallout hobby stuff done this month, and will be turning to Season 2 very soon

7 Likes

Hey WarBudgies, Question for you.
Is it the whole A.R.K. starter Bundle you have? If so, how much table space does it take up? I’ve been eyeing it for a while but since they came out with that subway system too I can’t decide now.

1 Like

It is the ARK Starter, plus the big front door. It takes up most of a 3x3 table, depending on how you arrange it, in the battle report I arranged it in a rough square, but you could easily do long corridors instead. I’m hoping to get more pieces for it in the new year

Yeah if their shipping wasn’t almost 2/3 again the price of the Ark starter Bundle I would have one already but at the moment money is tight so hopefully I will have one by Easter