The Zondnautica

Hey all! I just got started with Infinity RPG and I wonder if someone could help me to create the framework for a Zondnautica unit for Nomads. I fell in love with the miniature, but I do not know the rules for it, and I am all to unfamiliar with the rules to create it myself. I would prefer a Career + statistics for the Zondmate.

Also, if anyone know more fluff about it. On 1d4chan.org they mention that the rider is a robot as well? Is that true?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :slight_smile:

Zondnautica pilots are human. Might have some slight mods to them but they’re very much human and not a robot.

Here’s some quick and dirty stuff for the Zondnautica and Zondmate (use it or modify it to your hearts content):

AGI: +2, AWA: +2, BRW: +1, COO: +2, INT: +2, PER: -, WIL: +1
Mandatory: Pilot, Ballistics, Tech
Elective: Pilot, Hacking, Acrobatics
Earnings: 1+3[CD]
Gear: Light Combat Armor, Zondmate

Now the Zondmate. Since its both a vehicle and a basic remote it’ll need two profiles.

Zondmate (Exposed (+1[CD] Cover), Ground, Remote 1, Wheeled, Single Seat)
Scale 0
Speed 3
Brawn 10
Max. Passengers 1
Impact 2+4[CD] (Knockdown)
Structure 10
Firewall 12
Armor 2
BTS 3

Hard Points
None

Weapons

Chain Rifle: Range C, Damage: 1+6[CD], Burst 1, 2H, Ammo: Normal, Spread 1, Torrent, Vicious
Smoke Light Grenade Launcher: Range M, Damage: -, Burst 1, 2H, Ammo: Smoke Grenade, Indiscriminate (Close), Nonlethal, Speculative Fire, Smoke 2

Special Abilities

AI Motorcycle: The Zondmate can operate as either a motorcycle or a remote. This vehicle has two profiles. One with vehicle stats and another with remote stats. When a rider enters the Zondmate it transforms into a motorcycle and uses it vehicle stats. When a rider exits the Zondmate it can choose to transform into its remote form and use it remote stats. A Zondmate with no rider can operate as either a vehicle or remote and can change between the two profiles as a Free Action.
Shared Profile: Any damage taken when either in vehicle or remote form is carried over to the other profile.

Zondmate (Elite)
AGI: 10, AWA: 9, BRW: 10, COO: 11, INT: 12, PER: 8, WIL: 11
Combat: +2/1
Movement: +2/2
Social: -
Fortitude: +1/1
Senses: +1/1
Technical: -

Firewall: 12
Resolve: 11
Structure: 10
Security: -
Morale: -
Armor: 2

Attacks

Chain Rifle: Range C, Damage: 1+6[CD], Burst 1, 2H, Ammo: Normal, Spread 1, Torrent, Vicious
Electric Pulse: Melee, 1+4[CD], Immobilizing, Stun
Smoke Light Grenade Launcher: Range M, Damage: -, Burst 1, 2H, Ammo: Smoke Grenade, Indiscriminate (Close), Nonlethal, Speculative Fire, Smoke 2

Gear: Chameleonware

Special Abilities

Common Special Abilities: Inured to Disease, Poison, Vacuum
Arachne Powered: When a Zondmate is controlled by a geist or its native LAI, it gains a Security Soak of 4.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks alot. I really like it. <3

Also, the mention of it being an AI motorcycle, it is not a full AI, I suppose, but more advanced than a geist?

Could the Zondmate also function as the character’s Geist?

Many thanks again for your help!

It’s what they call an LAI (limited artificial intelligence), which is as you said pretty much an advanced gheist, and do not break the Utgard accords.
Hum technically I think the l’ai could act as a gheist but I would say no most of the time. LAI tend to be somewhat specialized and it’s probably cheaper to have one LAI for each than one for both. Especially since the zondmate LAI must be far more advanced than a normal gheist.

You’re more likely to build it the other way around: the Zondnaught’s geist is also the Zondmate’s LAI. Partly this is because it’ll mean the LAI is tougher (it’s 4 Breeches to take out a Geist but only 2 for an Elite LAI), but also because that’s a more characterful way to play it.

Also, that’s going to result in a ridiculous rider: high Pilot with an Assist from the LAI on any riding tests. Ooph. Gud times. :slight_smile:

@Solodice I think you’ve gone too heavy on the technical. You’re looking at a TN14 FOC2 Hacker. I think adding 1/1 to Fortitude more accurately represents the hulking frame of the Zonemate and keeps the Lunk as one of the better NPC Hackers available for purchase. :wink:

I’d also explicitly make transforming a Free Action. That allows it to transform and move in the same round.

Yes, that was the idea I had, that my (the Zondnaut) gheist would control the Zondmate as well, just for the sake of flavor and RP. It is really not a big deal, it just felt like… thematically cool in my mind.

In any case thanks for the stats again and for the input!

Good points. I’ve edited the Zondmate entry to make it less hacky happy and made transforming easier.

1 Like