Starbases - Mission Profiles?

As with ships, my rule of thumb for Tractor Beam strength is Scale -1, maximum 5.

1 Like

Thanks Nathan. Thatā€™s what I assumed, thought Iā€™d clarify whilst it was kind of on topic.

The reason I went with scale 8 for the Nor class Cardassian station in my estimated work-up was because I added the Docking Capacity Talent to the frame. That talent (from the command book) increases docking capacity by 1.5 times itā€™s scale, and increases the available ship size by 2. That would put a scale 8 station with docking capacity for 12 ships of scale 6 max. That would make it fairly close to what was portrayed within the series for DS9. The smallest scale a Nor class could be would be 8 with the Docking Capacity talent.

Unless they put stats for DS9 in the DS9 crew supplement, I havenā€™t seen any official stats for DS9.

Stats for the station are, in fact, in the DS9 character pack, along with stats for the Defiant.

That is true for DS9 in particular and the source where I got my information on DS9ā€™s Scale 12 from.

But as I understand this thread, the posters are trying to build starbase frames. Thus, the stats of DS9 do help to get estimates of the Nor-Station-Class. But the DS9 stats hold not true for all of the Nor-Class-Stations, because they (may) have different mission profiles built in.

I was not aware of DS9ā€™s stats being in there. That is useful information. However, the Defiantā€™s stats are less of a ā€˜I need to know themā€™ in my opinionā€¦ I mean, they do have the Defiant class stats in the books. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, unless someone posts the stats for DS9 here, then I canā€™t really do much as far as that goes. I was going to go scale 10 max for DS9, but went scale 8 instead in my estimation. Since the stats are available out there, maybe we should leave the Nor Class off for now, and bump the Kelvas Repair up to scale 14.

Well, I, personally, would deem that very impolite towards Modiphius. I mean, basically theyā€™re trying to actually sell that buch of numbers. So, I wouldnā€™t post them here in bulk.

So it should probably left out for the moment. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Instead of the Nor, what about using Sā€™harien Station (https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Sā€™harien_Station) as the basis for a Romulan version?

Or, thereā€™s also Algeron (which looks to be TOS Movie eraā€¦): https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Romulan_Space_Station_Algeron

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I suggested to drop the Nor class from our list. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Sā€™harien Station is a Star Trek Online creation, well past the TNG era, so I wouldnā€™t really add that to it, however, we could take the stats I have for the Nor on the page I put together, drop the system stats by one, and increase the scale to 10 for an Algeron Romulan Station.

I thought so. I was basically trying to support your point there. Sorry, if I was unclear, there. No offense intended.

No offense taken, and I knew what you meant, I was just being a little bit of a smart-aleck. Itā€™s a problem I have on occasion. The medication isnā€™t working for it, unfortunately. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thereā€™s medication for that? :smiley:

Yup. Itā€™s called Boottothearseium. You can get it in pill form! It works wonders, most of the timeā€¦:crazy_face::sunglasses:

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve had that before, but in a suppository.

1 Like

I updated a document Iā€™ve been working on for this which combines SSironā€™s sheet with the Duty Profiles as well as the Traits and Talents from Continuing Missions pages.

Thereā€™s some placeholder info at the moment, but the stats and such should be there for all the discussed starbases. :slight_smile:

Let me know what think?

(The link displays best in Chrome, and when we get things more along Iā€™ll convert it to a PDFā€¦ )

2 Likes

Looks good. With it, the Starbase 173 from my campaign would be a Sigma Class station with the Administration duty profile, the Border Outpost trait and the Sector Command talent - very much like I envisioned it for the campaign.

I have a few comments/suggestions about your page. One, great work on it so far, although some fluff/background on each frame needs to be added as well as basic timelines for each type of station.

That said, I think the scale you have listed for Helios needs to be larger, and I think the Kepler class should have the advanced sensor suite instead of the enhanced defense grid and Firebase. Also, the scale for the Cardassian Kelvas Repair Facility needs to change. That suggested scale was going off of a Nor class being scale 8. Since DS9 is scale 12, the Kelvas needs to be at least scale 14, maybe as high as 16. It is probably close to 2 times the size (generally speaking) of a Nor class station, if not 3 times the size. (Although donā€™t do that with scale, cause that would just be ridiculousā€¦)

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile: I agree that some fluff needs to be added for sure. Iā€™ll probably grab most of that from Memory Alpha/Memory Beta/Ex-Astris-Scientia which I hope will let me fill in some of the timelines as well.

Your points have been noted and updated. :slight_smile: The Helios was a typo, Iā€™ve corrected it to Scale 12. I also went with a 15 for the Kelvas and upped the Docking to 22 (Scale 15) (I know thereā€™s no scale that size, but Iā€™m guessing it could be used to repair another station maybe?)

Hopefully I should be able to get some fluff in in next few days. :slight_smile:

This is just my first remark, but the one I am sure of proposing. I would suggest to give ā€˜Commerce and Recreationā€™-moduled Starbases access to the ā€˜Diplomatic Suitesā€™ talent.

Good point! Done. :slight_smile:

1 Like