So I may try to do some papercraft

What do you all think?

This was just a quick and dirty prototype.

3 Likes

Cool thing! You… had one sheet of cardboard for the structure and glued another one for decals on it?
It’s really recognisable, it screams federation starship corridor!

Looks pretty good. What was your technique? Are you planning various pieces you can attach and detach as needed? Color?

I used 60 lb cardstock. This one has 9 separate pieces. The inner and outer archers made the same and are in two parts, so right there was 8 pieces. and the walls and floor are a separate piece.

I have access to a Cricut machine, so I used that to cut the parts out.

Yes, I do plan on making various pieces, but I am trying to figure out how to keep them together. First thought was magnets, but we will have to see. I have a few Ideas, but not sure which way to try.

As for color, once I get the designs worked out, I will do this on the correct color paper, or as close as I can. I want to keep the actual printed parts down to a minimum.

1 Like

If you want to use magnets, consider foil or strips. You probably won’t need much adhesion. Please keep us posted, this is going to be great! :smiley:

WIll do. Although I do have several projects in the works, so this one may take a while.

As for the foil or strips, I’ll look into that.

Toothpicks would be a cheaper approach, though. :slight_smile:

It just dawned on me that I should scale this to the official minis, and not the monopoly pieces that I am currently using…

2 Likes

@MisterX and @LeonardMcCoy Here is what got cut out. the dotted lines are where it was scored.

I have a few ideas on how to improve this and set it up for less glueing.

1 Like

This is excellent. There’s nowhere near enough papercraft SF terrain. Have you see the stuff WorldWorks did back in the day? Bit convoluted to make a set out of but it’s modular and you can hack stuff together pretty quickly in GIMP…

I have not seen that.

Ok, here they are with the walls, or at least all that I am going to do with the walls. That middle arch won’t be the full arch like it is shown here. I think will will be cutting off the top bar at the angled beam closest to the wall.

3 Likes

Alright, so I tired to make the walls higher. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Looks great! :+1: I have zero skills for that sort of thing and get by on a dry-erase hex grid.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for the Cricut, I wouldn’t be doing this.

working on some variations

3 Likes