Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide preview

If you’ve been following Modiphius’s Twitter feed or Facebook feed, you’ll know the preorder release of the Shackleton book is nearly upon us. We previewed the table of contents today. Check it out!

10 Likes

Can’t wait for this to come out.

1 Like

Me neither. Looks like a supplement that’s very balanced in providing fluff, crunch and stories. I’m so excited! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m chomping at the bit (or more accurately megabytes) to get this in my library. To be frank, this is the book that I have been waiting for!

Emulating a kid: Is it here yet? Is it here yet? (LAUGH)

3 Likes

Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? IS IT HERE YET? IS IT HERE YET? (Laughs the laugh of the damned)

Me, I’m waiting on the fluff about Narendra Station’s statistics. I’m hoping I can glean something from that to help me create some fanmade space station creation rules to enhance what we got in the Command Division sourcebook. That and the Stellar Cartography chapter about creating “your own Shackleton Expanse” are what I’m after most.

2 Likes

@Sutehp In the meantime, you might want to have a look at this thread on Starbases’ Mission Profiles.

1 Like

The preorder is live, but I had hoped the standalone PDF would also already be available. Will it be available shortly, or at the same time as the actual release in October? I want to get my hands on it as a reference, but the physical book is too expensive for me.

2 Likes

@NickEast Thanks for the heads up that the pre-order was online. :grinning: I just placed my order for the book and got the PDF.

@Modiphius-Jim Is it October yet??? I’m looking forward to the arrival of the physical book. So, slingshot us around the sun to get us forward in time and let’s get the books on the way. :rofl:

3 Likes

@NickEast also: Thank you very much for the heads up that the pre-order was online. :slight_smile: Just like @Sparky, I got my PDF this early because of you! :smiley:

First impression: Reduced File-size version available. Yay!! But interestingly, no printer-friendly version. I wonder whether that one will come as an update?

Haven’t made it beyond @Modiphius-Jim’s foreword, yet, but I’m super excited and motivated like nothing else to get today’s work done and reward myself with a long read in the Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide.

(Besides, who needs September, anyway, this year? Should be October, if you ask me! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Also waiting for the standalone PDF :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fall is coming
NotStar House Motto (Founded by surviving red shirts of the Entreprise, 2 centuries ago)

1 Like

Got an email that the PDF is on DTRPG :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

Print preorder and PDF sales should be on the US store, UK store, and PDF on DTRPG. If for some reason you didn’t get the printer friendly version, reach out to support at modiphius.com. Should be part of all digital orders.

4 Likes

@Modiphius-Jim & @MisterX I just heard from Chris at the Help Desk that they PDF download has been updated to include the Printer-Friendly versions of both the full-size and reduced-size versions of the book, so thanks to everyone at Modiphius for the quick response and resolution to this oversight.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

3 Likes

Is the Zakdorn woman in the Operations Division uniform in the picture on pg. 39 Sar Doveli?

1 Like

Just read the specs of Narendra Station. Whoah. You guys really meant that Borg-teasing, right? :smiley:

You know you have been editing too much, lately, when you spot the surplus leading space before anything else on a page…

Narendra Station is Scale 12, so it’s (presumably) the same size as Deep Space 9. Fascinating… :nerd_face:

(I know, I know, Space Station Scale is determined more by the number of docking ports rather than size, but still…)

EDIT: Just saw the bit about Medical having 6 separate large sickbays, each with their own specialized Mark I EMH…so there are 6 holographic Doctors on the same space station and each is developing their own personality. Dr. Zimmerman must be so proud…oh, wait. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes. At work with her Klingon counterpart, Lt. Kahbel.

I can’t wait to hear what people do with the six EMHs.

2 Likes