[Request] Homeworld Lore 101

So it’s been a hot minute since I last played Homeworld. Can anybody recommend a good place to start relearning the lore? I’m in my 30s and don’t have the time to play through the games to get the lore, unfortunately.

I was gonna say something sarcastic along the lines of “yes I know how wikis work” but this actually lets me refine my original question.

Where do you think I should start, as in literally which page on the Wiki? Encyclopedias are great for referencing but poor for learning.

1 Like

In what are you interested the most?
The setting background? The people (Kiith)? The ships?

In historical order I would recommend starting with the short mission descriptions from Deserts of Kharak, Homeworld 1, Homeworld 2, Homeworld: Emergence.
That gives you the development of the setting over the time and the “meta-plot” of the Homeworld setting.

In the wiki, if you see anything in those descriptions, that you want to know more, just follow the links - to named persons, locations, etc.
That way you get a good feeling for the three (actually four) eras, where the Homeworld stories are told.

Thank you, that’s perfect. Historical background helps give me a framework. I know when the full version eventually comes out I can get a more focused look at the setting as intended to be played but this will give me a strong foundation to start with.

If you have a bit more time, you could watch a playthrough video playlist.

This one here is excellent Deserts of Kharak Playthrough Videos.
The same channel has playthroughs for Homeworld 1 and Homeworld 2.

1 Like

As a follow up to the OP; I intend to create a 1 page WORD document summarizing the HW lore set piror to the Quick Start PDF Adventure, that I can handout to my players to read as I set up the table for our 1st playing session (written for people who have never played the game but like the concept).

1 Like