Realm Works for Infinity

@3darkman I had a busy weekend and wasn’t able to make any time for Realm Works unfortunately. It looks like the files are password protected to download so I haven’t been able to access them.

ow ■■■■!! I pasted the wrong links, I correct them now.

I am preparing realm works to narrate in the next few days, so I decided to test the application, I had some problems, which I am correcting and in the next days I will post the new version of the application here.

I also made a new export template file, adding tables in it, to test how this works in realm works.

I still need to troubleshoot a file encode problem, as some characters are importing strange in realm works.

That is interesting that you were able to get the tables to work to import into Realm Works. I was spending some time on it this weekend, mostly learning how your tool works.

I also spent some time with the Realm Works CSV importer, and I was having trouble getting it to work with importing tables. I was almost resigned to the fact that if I wanted the Attributes, Fields of Expertise, and Defences in a table in Realm Works, I would have to copy/paste them manually.

So I was beginning to think whether I should simply deal with copy/pasting the tables manually (which would dramatically increase the amount of time it would take me to put all the Adversaries into the tool) or if I should simply give up on the table idea, and make each Attribute, Field of Expertise, and Defence it’s own Labeled Text Snippet. This would allow it to be cleanly imported by the Import tool, but you’d lose the nice table view of the NPC’s stats.

I’m curious how you made the table able to be imported into Realm Works.

Oh, in regards to your tool, so far I’m finding it great, very simple to use. One thing I noticed that would be good to have is a “Delete Adversary” option. I made some mistakes adding an Adversary, but if you add an Adversary with some mistakes in it, there’s no option to either edit the Adversary to correct those mistakes, or delete the Adversary with the mistakes in it.

Not the end of the world, since I can just work around those Adversaries and delete them once they’re in the CSV file, but it’d be nice to have.

Glad you like, I also had this problem with wrong opponents, in this new version I had already added a function to exclude.

In this version I also corrected the file encode problem and some other problems when loading background information, roleplaying, gears, etc.

ah, I also corrected a mistake, I do not know why the hell, I put PER in the template was perception instead of personality: p

In this new template, you can compare the file in the notepad with the old one, and see what I changed for the attributes and other fields to be as tables. Briefly: realm works accepts html tags, so in this template file I put html tables, you can play at ease with the style of things you will import into realm works if you know how to play html within that template file.

New Software version: https://mega.nz/#!0HBGQCzD!YGPA4BcGWyFLExNNgOA5JUEC11T3-iqn83j0atYpVe8

new template file: https://mega.nz/#!wDIwha5R!kg6UZ4Q-E4ChaXBKZ8T-OPF7CUOaS06zDEnvTLX0vfA

1 Like

Gotcha. I’m looking forward to taking a closer look at this. I should be able to spend some time on it this weekend.

1 Like

Made some decent progress on this.

Recreated the Realm Works category from scratch for a cleaner import. Need to figure out a better way for multiple attacks / special abilities to import with minimum cleanup.

1 Like

Some important information:
1 - You do not need to put in the template all those numbers of attacks or abilities, only the maximum amount you will have when importing. In your case: attack3 e specialability1
2 - Even if you have an adversary with 10 special abilities, you can continue the numbering that the program will identify. (specialability9…)