Raptorsbane's attempt at painting

I’m sure I’ll do my fair share of bumbling as well :rofl:
The best I can do is educate myself and listen to advise from those who have come before me like you guys and also trust my instincts!

Today we had the party to find out the gender, we had a box on the table with either a blue or pink baby hat inside but we didn’t know which. Our friends and family pulled ribbons to untie the bow which opened the box.

Wife and I about to start the countdown.

We were so (happily) surprised by the result when the box opened haha

We were totally expecting a boy and got a little pink hat (it’s a girl!) surprise in the box and momma got a little emotional with joy. :wink:

Thanks for sharing the moment with us! :tada:

3 Likes

I think we all do a bit of bumbling, though I sometimes suspect I do a bit more than most. :smirk: The important thing is that we keep trying and learn from our mistakes as we go. Our kids don’t expect us to be perfect, they just want us to set an example for them and do the best we can.

And you’re right, in the internet age, there are a lot of places you can draw on the experience of others, but when the day is done trusting your own instincts is the right thing to do. It’s like I’ve said elsewhere in the past, “There’s a lot of advice out there, but only you can decide what advice is right for you.”

You’ll do just fine. And never forget, just because she’s a girl, doesn’t mean she can’t play Wasteland Warfare with her dad. :wink:

Thank you for sharing a very special moment with us.

2 Likes

You’re totally right! She’s gonna get every chance to paint and wargame with me if it’s her thing!
It was funny, at the party some of the kids saw my wasteland warfare models at my work desk and they were freaking out about how cool the models are!
I might have inspired a couple of new gamers yesterday haha

4 Likes

Never too young to start gaming. Mine were rolling dice at three years old, . . . we weren’t accomplishing more than counting the numbers on them, but gosh darnit, they were rolling dice.

2 Likes

Agreed. Never too young to intro them to gaming. There are some great lessons it can teach, including creative problem solving and thinking ahead.

Just do it slow and matching the knowledge and skill levels of the kids. They can sit on your lap and roll dice and put cards into play. Move minis. Etc.

When they get older you can leave some rules out to get them into playing. My son has been playing X-Wing with me since he was 6.

Co-op games are good introductory games too. That way you can work together and talk through the why behind certain choices.

My son is 12 now, and beats me at 1 vs many games with full rules and me not taking it easy on him. Lol.

The community could use a YouTube channel for playing games with your kids. I think some parents feel some games can be too advanced, when the kids could likely handle it.

1 Like

Sitting on my lap rolling dice is actually EXACTLY where mine started. It went from that, to them rolling and telling me the results, to moving pieces on the table and such.

I’ve personally found that so long as you’re patient with them, my kids rarely have troubles with items recommended for kids twice their age. That stands for board games, LEGO, and other things like that.

Would be neat to see someone go a “Gaming with my kids” themed community of some form.

1 Like

Haven’t posted in quite a while, life has been busy but I finally got my beloved Enclave models and wanted to share!
Hope you guys like them and I can share paint formulas if anyone is interested!
Happy holidays!

7 Likes

They look awesome!

Yes, they look great! How did you do the armor?