Plans to expand out 5E to other WoD lines?

I think the fact that they all use the Shadowlands is possibly one of the reasons why they weren’t as successful insofar that they are set in a different setting (in essence) to the rest of the WoD.

Orpheus was, of course, also an attempt to re-jig the Wraith setting with a new premise - Flatliners, basically. There was a section on the idea in the Wraith 20 book. Mummy could be potentially combined too, but in all honesty I couldn’t find many reasons why different Mummies would actually group together.

There is no question of their use as antagonists - it’s just whether they will be made viable protaganists with their own standalone games. I can see major hurdles just getting through a new edition of Mage, beyond what else follows.

Though I love Wraith I do think they make a much better antagonist than protagonist as well. If they do not plan on working on the line they should at least expand on their antagonist section to give us more of what is happining in the shadowlands especially since we will have Oblivion, Hecate and the like coming into the game soon. Maybe we will see something in one of those books are some more antagonist info in the PG.

1 Like

I think the concept of Hunger they introduced in V5 would lend a lot of possibilities to Werewolf!

Imagine the idea of Rage and Gnosis playing off each other like Hunger and Willpower do? Rage is a constant thing determined by Auspice; it could start at anything as low as 0 or high as 4. You roll Rage dice in a similar format to how you roll Hunger dice … resulting in fierce outburst of anger or rage on messy criticals/■■■■■■■ failures … as your rage grows it gets harder and harder to resist, and once you go over 5 … well … that’s the territory of the Wyrm …

You can always use your Gnosis to lower your Rage, allowing your connection to Luna to soothe the harsh cliff’s edge of Gaia’s pain … but use this crutch too often and you may find yourself unable to connect with the Spirit Realm when you need it the most.

6 Likes

they kinda did that with ratkin back in 3rd edition

Precisely right.

I was thinking along the same lines. The balancing of Rage and Gnosis really fits the dual natures of the Garou. :slight_smile:

I’d really love to see Werewolf, Mage and Changeling. Though my hope is to eventually see Demon as that has recently caught my interest and has been a great read thus far.

1 Like

Changeling and wraith where very expensive to produce and got too little in sales iirc first time around
Something hunter like would be nice maybe incorporating orpheus into a mortals with powers type game would be good too

The thing that has occurred to me is what if The Second Inquisition, Pentex Inc. and The Technocratic Union all different aspects of the same organised group?

Pentex are wyrm, Technocracy are weaver

1 Like

The Technocratic Union and Pentex likely helped and invested in the Second Inquisition through their links to government and business, each for their own purposes, but all three are distinct entities.

although Pentex and the Technocracy collaborated on project deep water

The story I’m running now (open to all supe types) has some members of the Progenitors working in secret with Pentex to do genetic sampling and experimentation on all lines of creatures. Both to find ways to combat as well as improve upon the various species.

It’s a background piece currently, but should be interesting once they find out tho…

PS - Make sure you get your free flu shot. Rumor is there’s a violent strain going around… Course there’s always the many Free Clinics that have also popped up recently…:smiling_imp:

if you can get hold of “Blood dimmed tides” it had pentex + technocracy working together

I would be so on board for a V5 Dark Ages game. Vampire: The Dark Ages/Dark Ages Vampire was my favorite gameline out of all the WoD.

3 Likes

I loved that Dark Ages multiple splat book Darkening Sky. Once Werewolf the Apocalypse and Mage the Ascension get a 5th edition (and I do sincerely hope Changeling the Dreaming) I’d love to see a single 5th edition Dark Ages supplement to give sample NPC’s, plot hooks and time appropriate Predatory types and Disciplines (and the equivalent for WtA and MtA and CtD) for all the WoD 5th edition lines and how they would interact

2 Likes

we will have to wait for other faction in the world of darkness.But if they can establish a good core for vampire,it all possible.First thing first a good base and then werewolf could be adapt and re-start.The rest could follow if the start his rock solid.

1 Like

I do agree that defining a solid mechanical base is needed before moving to other WoD games, but I do feel that that has already been done mechanically with the Core book.

Getting more game lines will do more for us as currently I find it hard to keep interest in the game as we are seeing way too much time between books at this time.

VtM’s defining trait in my games is the presence of a meta plot. without the meta plot you are basically just playing requiem with different classes, and though I don’t mind requiem I plan Masquerade because I like the meta plot and playing in that plot in my games. Even if it is just happening in the background.

The metaplot defined by Masquirade is huge though and I am finding it hard to keep interest when there is large sections of the plot that are not defined or are going to be defined at what seems to be a snails pace.

Which is why I am planning on either regressing that plot back to the 1990’s where I have more material to explore until the world is more defined. Which may end up in boredom as I have already explored that throughout the 90’s and I think I may lose player interest since they wish to play in a modern horror. Or I will just stick to Chicago, but since there is a large population of werewolfs in Chicago it feels like we are playing in a city that is only half done.

All in all it is really becoming a sticking point for me. I am all for quality but I would really like to have a game world that is more polished than we have currently. I don’t mind making my own stuff up but I am already trying to flesh out hundreds of SPCs for the others that the players interact with on a day to day bases in my CbN game.

1 Like

yeah i know how it feel,but we have to be patient.If they rush the rest out we will have a really bad game,it take time to flesh out the world,if you check back at all classical masquerade stuff,it his a huge huge! task to do.Im also waiting for player guide and by night new stuff(and writing something on my city by night!)but with the problem encounter with the first version,they are a little bit scare to make the same mistake,and that normal.We wil surely have something before christmas!For the rest we have to wait and create some of our thing,till they get chicago by night out and london

1 Like