Official Product Wishlist Part II

Pretty sure that, at the time of writing, it was Picard. We do now have the rights for that, but there are still three or four versions of the future:

• The version depicted in the novels
  • The version depicted in Star Trek Online
  • The version depicted in Picard
  • Possibly separately, the events that lead to the creation of the Kelvin-verse timeline (though both Star Trek Online and Picard also seem to link to this… but there’s another version in the prequel comics to the 2009 movie)

Also a version of the far future depicted in Disco’s season 3 (and 4, presumably).

But for this specific far future (DIS 3/4) you do have the rights, right? Or is the license limited to DIS 1/2?

But if canon is just what is seen on the tv or movie screen, then isn’t just Picard and Discovery Season 3 the only versions of the future that are canon?

Plus the alternate Futures of TNG and VOY and several alternate futures/pasts from the various series… :wink:

The Disco license covers everything Disco on screen, so 2255-2258 (plus MU shenanigans) as seen in seasons 1 and 2, and the 3100s as shown in season 3 (and presumably season 4+).

1 Like

I hope DIS and PIC are in their own books so they can be easily added or ignored depending upon preference.

It is usually easier to add material rather than remove it.

5 Likes

Likewise. It seems to me like that would be the best approach from all perspectives really.

• If you’re a fan of everything, it shouldn’t make a difference.
  • If you’re someone who got into Trek because of DIS and/or PIC but don’t like the previous iterations so much, then it’s easier just to play DIS and/or PIC.
  • If you’re a fan of everything except DIS and/or PIC then it’s easier to keep DIS and/or PIC content out of your game (in both this case and the previous one, it could be especially hard for someone who hasn’t watched all of the shows they don’t like to separate things out if DIS and PIC aren’t in their own books).
  • Or if you’re a weird edge case like me and have confined DIS to a parallel universe in your headcanon, then a separate DIS book is still easier than having everything mixed in together.
5 Likes

I concur. Separating the eras also makes it much easier to find what I’m looking for.

Personally I have no use whatsoever for “Kelvin timeline,” Picard, or Discovery material and wouldn’t like to flip through pages and try to parse what starships or technology apply to what.

3 Likes

I expect DIS and PIC to be covered in the upcoming Gamemaster’s/Players’ Handbooks. The Announcement says: Definitions of six key Star Trek eras. I suppose that’s:TOS/TAS, ENT, DIS, Movies, TNG/DS9/VOY, PIC.

Maybe @Modiphius-Jim can confirm. :slight_smile:
Or maybe we should just save our latinum and find out. Both books sound great. :slight_smile:

Content for Disco and Picard are included in the PG and GMG, yes.

But, save your latinum anyway. I think (hope) fans will dig these books, if only for the additional character and rules options. I can’t wait to see what groups do with all the new non-Starfleet character roles.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see what groups do with all the new non-Starfleet character roles.

Aah fantastic, I didn’t realise the additional roles were going to be non-Starfleet. One of the PCs in my game is a Ferengi tagging along for the ride while the rest of the crew explores the Gamma Quadrant, so any extra support for non-Starfleet characters will be really useful.

2 Likes

I thought I saw somewhere here that Modiphius viewed the Movies as part of the TOS/TAS era and not an era by themselves. I could be wrong, maybe that was one staff member’s personal POV.

But if so, maybe the other era might be the years bridging Kirk-Picard?

1 Like

I’d, personally, consider the movies era to be exactly this. Or, better: I extend the movies era to cover also “the lost years”. Yet, I do not know exactly about Modiphius’ policy. Either way – I’m excited. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d be all over a “Lost Era” sourcebook, but I doubt there’s enough “canon” material to fill one, let alone fan interest. I’ve actually been working on getting a game up and running in that period, mainly using these as my inspiration:

(But in my version of Starfleet the color-coded turtlenecks were never phased out!)

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks it’s awesome that the 20-siders in the original series Tricorder set are the color of Kirk’s alternative tunic?

3 Likes

Nope, you’re not the only one. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Definitely not the only one. :wink:

4 Likes

I am looking at the Tricorder Pic and right now realising: Goddamit Jim, I need a bigger Dice-Box! :wink:

And I like the green D20 too.

This!! :smiley:

(Also: 5d20! FINALLY a full set! :smiley: )

3 Likes