Official online character generator error reporting

First off, thank you for making this character generator! It is an awesome tool and very much appreciated! :+1:

I do have one question related to equipment. When the book lists ā€œMelee weapon of choiceā€ for archetype equipment, the character generator does not allow you to select a shield. Modiphius-SteveH mentioned here that ā€œA shield is a weapon like any otherā€. If a shield is a weapon, should shields be available for the ā€œMelee weapon of choiceā€ option? Or are shields a special subset/class of weapon that doesnā€™t apply there?

Hmm, Shields should probably be in there. I will add it to the TODO.

3 Likes

Update: Shields are now offered appropriately, and the Outlaw talent tree is now in as well.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Hmm, Iā€™m still not seeing shields for either ā€œmelee weapon of choiceā€ or ā€œweapon of choiceā€ options. I tried it in Chrome and Edge on a Windows 10 PC, as well as in Safari on iOS.

They appear at the bortom of the list. Maybe you need to clear your cache?

Ah, thanks. I was looking for them in the list alphabetically and didnā€™t scroll down to the bottom. Thanks much for your work on this!

1 Like

Iā€™ll add alphabetical sorting in the next update, kinda rushed this update due to time constraints.

3 Likes

One additional note for a future release, the shields arenā€™t populating under primary or other attacks when exporting to pdf. Thanks again for all your work on this!

Hmm, that is odd. I will investigate, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Not a bug report but more of a question. Does the online generator account for the ā€œbest +3ā€ and ā€œworst +1ā€ and ā€œother mandatory +2ā€ to attributes from page 17 of the main rule book? My group made some characters this weekend (both by hand and using the tool) and could not tell if the attribute increases were the same either way.

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, it does.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™m new to these forums, and not sure where I should post this.
I am just starting to use Conan rpg, and looking as running some scenarios soon. Thank you very much for the online character generator, it is a great tool, very easy to use and considerably cuts down the time on character creation. I also think itā€™s great that it prints it directly into a form-fillable character sheet, especially the one with the evocative scroll-work etc.
Such a valuable resource for a GM new to this system!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

Added a Talent Overview page that aggregates all talents from all books released so far. Very handy when you need a quick reference.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s extremely useful! Any thoughts about adding the descriptors to the generator when it creates the character sheet?

The texts are too long for the effect fields on the sheet, so I would not say that it will come anytime soon.

2 Likes

You are indeed the main man @Christoffer!!

1 Like

Humbled, thank you.