Official online character generator error reporting

The app (along with the Star Trek and Infinity apps) appears to be inaccessible and has been for a few days. Is there an ETA for when it’s coming back?

Both Star Trek and Conan online character generator are down.

ETA when they will be back.

No eta, been an unfortunate card expiry issue that I hope Modiphius will solve soon.

Yeah,

Been waiting on an update on this for a few days now. I got a one shot adventure planned and I wanted to make some characters!

Doubt it will be fixed over the weekend. :frowning:

Yeah, apologies.

It is working now.

1 Like

The repeating crossbow have no damage.

Thanks for a GREAT app! :sunglasses:

Any plans to have the descriptions and information about the spells/alchemy added on the character sheets once you are finished?

Sorry no. There is a two part reason for this (and why talent effects aren’t printed either):

1. The effects can become too long for the input field. Sure, some effects can be shortened, but the abbreviations of things might make it incomprehensible.

2. It puts a requirement on the user to actually own the books. We are exposing content from books that you might not have. If you want to use stuff from expansion books, then you need to get it in order to get the full picture of things.

I hope that clears it up for you. We did have a discussion at the beginning of the Conan tool’s lifetime about this, but this is how it turned out.

2 Likes

That makes perfect sense. I own all the books so it didn’t even occur to me that it might encourage people to not buy the books as well. Thank you for clearing this up though

1 Like

I’ve tried printing from Preview on my Mac, as well as iOS Preview, the app Documents, and the Adobe PDF app on my iPad.

Anything I print from my iPad does not print anything filled into the form fields.

Printing from Preview on Mac OS leaves anything that was filled in by the web site as either Xs or a series of squares.

I think if I filled in one of the form fillable sheets from scratch it might print, but that negates some of the usefulness of the builder.

That is weird… I know there were problems in iOS 11.

12 now. Plus problems in Mac OS.

New guy on the block, hi folks! A couple of character generator issues I’ve noticed, so far:

1. The caste talent Uncivilized doesn’t recalculate upkeep at -2, or that change doesn’t get transferred to the printer-friendly pdf.

2. The Large Shield item, on the Belongings page, doesn’t generate an entry in the Primary Attacks section on the printer-friendly pdf, making it a bit ambiguous as to what it’s stats are supposed to be. Presumably not a Buckler, but… Shield?.. Tower Shield?.. A “large shield” not in the Core book weapon list?

I have generated a character that qualifies for the Lair talent (Thievery Expertise 2, Stealth Expertise 2,
Survival Expertise 2) but for some reason the character generator isn’t offering it as a choice for my final talent. Is it part of the generator?

I have fixed the upkeep reductions for Uncivilized and Modicum of Comfort. Also, I have added Large Shield. It has the same stats as Shield from what I have been told by official sources.

I cannot seem to find that talent. In which book is it?

It is located on page 12 of the brigand book. There are 9 talents associated with it though it is specifically not associated with a skill that would decrease the cost.

OK, I will have a look.

Something else, more of a curiosity than anything. Are you considering adding the archetypes for Modiphia #3? I realize they were cut from the book for being region specific but they seem fairly well balanced otherwise.

I have not considered that yet. They do feel too specific to certain homelands (like the Asshuri archetype).