A brand new Name Generator for you

Hello all!
I have just finished a generator to use with Conan. Its a macro-activated Excelsheet.
It do generate names (Close to 3000 male names and a little over 2500 female names).
It also generate an occupation and an NPC trait to help the GM roleplay the NPC or to give a hint of how the NPC acts (over 500 NPC traits).
For those who get an occupation Archetype: ???, they dont get an NPC trait but gets Aspects insteadt since I think they translate very well of how those NPC can act.

The Excel sheet isn´t locked so you can change things for your campaign and conveniance.

Please give feedback if you like.

/Mogge
The file is on my OneDrive

6 Likes

Remember that you have to allow the macros to run.
You also have to choose a nationality from the listbox.

Please tell me if you run into problem and I will try to solve it.

One thing I want to try to make is that the refreshbutton should be one for each table and not for both. I will try to solve it.

Really thought the interest would be higher. :slight_smile:

Can tell that I got all the names from Conan 2D20 as well as Conan D20.
The traits is taken from Conan 2D20´s toolkit as well as traits from Conan D20.

Will fill in more names from Conan 2D20 when new books arrives, usually there are some names in all "Conan the…"books.

1 Like

It is really neat and I personally appreciate the thought and effort you put into it. Usually I use the fantasy name generator site or a fantasy name generator on my phone for this though.

1 Like

You might want to specify more clearly that this is a Name Generator. When I first read the post I thought it was a character generator. For that I’m quite happy to use the official character generator.

But this is quite handy. While there are plenty of online name generators I haven’t seen one that is specific to this genre. Thanks

1 Like

Also, speaking only for myself, my trust level for opening macro enabled Excel spreadsheets from the internet is at an all time low. Even when it comes from a good community like this one.

1 Like

@andyreimer changed the name to reflect it is a namegenerator.
Unfortnately I cant make a generator without macro enabled Excel.

Thanks for the feedback though. :smile:

Mogge, gotta say; This is pretty helpful for saving time while my group is traveling from country to country.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just saw this because of the new post – Mogge, are you willing to create a version of this spreadsheet with the lists of names by culture/gender (no macros, just lists in columns) and post that? I agree with @andyreimer that using macro-enabled google docs or downloaded Excel sheets fills my paranoid mind with…well, paranoia :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is very cool, and must have taken quite some time. I’m sure I will get good use out of it. Thanks, alot.

Caratacus