With the scenic sets I ordered, I’m going to have a total of a dozen Nuka Cola machines. In all honesty, I don’t picture myself making use of more than 3-4 of them. I gave away a couple, and when the rest of my scenic sets arrive I’ll be giving out a couple more. Even so, I’m going to have 8 of them left over.
This got me to thinking about different ways I can present them.
One of the only complaints I have with that particular model is the lack of any form of window looking in at the contents. I felt that leaving the middle empty was preferable to how they handled it in this case.
So what I did was I took a knife and decided to cut the “window” out just to see how it would look (Figured if I ruined one or two it wasn’t a big deal).
I ended up breaking the side of the window frame because I wasn’t being real careful but even so it didn’t look too bad. I actually took the plastic from one of the blister packs to create the window.
First image has the “Window” I made, the windowless door, and the chunk I cut from the middle.
Second image has the window in place and the door in place (Sitting in there loose. I’ll remove the window for painting, then put it back when it’s done.)
This was a little five minute project and I didn’t even pretend to be careful with it. I figured this was kind of a proof of concept. I’ll be planning to do 3-4 of them up this way, and I’ll be a bit more careful with the rest of them. Really happy with how it turned out.
Hope someone finds this useful.