News on A!C 2d20?

The wind blows as tumble weeds roll down the empty corridors…

So any news on A!C 2d20?
Not looking for specifics, though I wouldn’t turn them down.
But some kind of something would really let us know if A!C 2d20 is at least on life support :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The game is currently in the later stages of development. With any RPG, there’s normally a quiet period between playtesting and release when the game is completed, edited, goes through layout, gets art added, and so forth, transforming it from word documents into a book, and that part takes time, during which there often isn’t much more to say.

4 Likes

We’re still playing it using the beta rules. It’s been fun guessing how to make monsters.
Garrett

1 Like

Thanks for the updates.
I fully understand not having many details.
It had just been a LONG time since I heard anything.

:grinning:

Any further updates?

Any new news on this?

It is being finalised with special attention from Chris. Apparently dual line with 2d20 and 7th ed Cthulhu.
Source: Achtung! Cthulhu facebook group

That’s odd. The 7th edition version was out a while ago. My copies are dated Jun 2019. I’ve been hoping for a dead tree version, but the PDF has been out a while.

I mean going forward for any new material. Chris did note the 7th ed releases to people that did not appear to be interested in the 2d20 release.

Will there be new art, or will you be taking the opportunity to re-use art from the already sizable collection from the board game?

Is there any info on this product?

The latest info can be found here.

2 Likes

Thank-you for the link!

Any progress with A!C2d20?

Also very curious about this. I’m a fan of the 6th edition and was waiting for the printed books of the revised 7th when I stumbled upon this; the 2d20 system.
Think from now on I’ll be waiting for the 2d20 books to come out instead of the 7th edition update… :smile:

Looking forward to play A!C with it’s own dedicated system! The only question: when?? :grin:

1 Like

FYI The 7th ed A!C is already out as PDF. Not much to it though (IMHO) since it is merely a “percentile conversion” of the 6th ed CoC rules. It does make the Basic Role Playing system a little more intuitive though.

2d20 is a lot more interesting and will provide a better and more dynamic system for A!C. A bit akin to FATE but with more dice rolls.

So, are there any news on the A!C 2d20 rules yet? Any news of the timeline would be highly appreciated!

LOL. Yep the difference between 6th and 7th is pretty small. More of a tweak after enough time to get a good look. But be careful :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I mentioned that there really wasn’t much different between 7th and BRP and I the amount of indignation and upset was unbelievable. Virtual pitchforks and torches everywhere. :rofl:

Hehe… Well, of course there are other tidbits too, but the mainstay of CoC is still the same good old game mechanics. Not that I don’t appreciate BRP and all the subsequent amendments to the system, but I don’t think it promotes the more adventurous side of the secret war in A!C. I like Pulp Cthulhu better though and that could be a possible alternative.

I believe 2d20 might just bring about a more daredevil approach (certainly from the players in my campaign). The beta rules look promising, but they need a firm hand from the developers to even out probability issues in the basic task resolution mechanics.

Yep.

For CoC/BRP I routinely borrow back and forth with really no issues and have been known to forget the difference. Regardless of the various camps indignation, there isn’t much difference between them. I found changes from 6th to 7th to be more of a slight tweak than an actual change. And most of the recent games I have run were Pulp Cthulhu or Down Darker Trails since the players had more fun. Not because of the rules/mode, but because of the players interests.

And I think you are spot on about a 2d20 version promoting more daredevil or action pulp play. I know that my players really opened up when we played Conan and they got a handle on momentum and doom.

Nathan,

How much inter-operability will the Cthulhu Mythos portion of A!C2D20 have with Conan? I am interested in additional creatures/spells that can be used in my Conan game. Since there was never a Call of Cthulhu to Conan conversion as had been mentioned in one of the KS updates a looooooong time ago.

Thanks!

1 Like