A!C 6E/SW to A!C 2d20 Conversion Rules?

My group is starting the 2d20 Quickstart Adventure next week. I’m really looking forward to the full rules for the 2d20 version. I’ve been wondering if a conversion guide will included in the new core rules or as a supplement so we can use all the existing supplements/adventures with the new 2d20 ruleset.

3 Likes

Great question

I agree good, question, sorry I also have a question I remember a question I asked years ago about the monstrous heroes from the first edition (a character with monstrous claws ala the hellboy style characters).

Are these going to be in the 2D20 system? I can’t remember the names of the top my end, but they all worked for SOE and used the supernatural against the bad guys.

Has this been released? I run A!C in 7E, and have no plans to run it in 2d20 due to how overpowered the PCs are from my Conan experience.

Achtung! Cthulhu has been released for a while now.
The PCs start less competent than the Conan or Infinity PCs, but it is still a pulp-action game, where the PCs are rather resilient (but easier to take out than in Conan) and can do a lot of typical pulp-action stuff.

Yeah, I know, and it’s not for us. Works well enough for Conan despite my continued reservations about overpowered PCs, but I can’t see it working at all in Cthulhu. That’s why I’m looking for a conversion guide.

That would also open a much bigger audience for Modiphius’s new scenarios, as CoC is big (teehee).

I always found the BRP rules (which Call of Cthulhu uses) not pulpy enough for Achtung! Cthulhu. Savage Worlds was an improvement, but the 2d20 version actually captures the over-the-top feeling of A!C best.

Having done Shadows of Atlantis, Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 is a very different game to Call of Cthulhu once you’re running it. As I’ve said elsewhere, it’s a case of Salvos, not SAN. I did have a look at trying to use skill “sets” as focuses but gave up since it quickly became obvious it’s a lot faster to create 2d20 NPCs from scratch.

So no conversion rules are in the works, I take it?