Messaging people

In the patch notes it say’s to message Modiphius-LLoyd but I’m not sure how to do that

1 Like

If they have a link to their name that appears like this . . .
. . .then click it. Then you’ll see a pop-up of their profile details. Click on the Message button.

You can also find someone’s profile by searching for them in the search box, which can be found in the top right of every page.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

no message button appears

1 Like

Well, we’ve been out of Beta for 3 hours, and already somethings gone wrong. :wink:

I’ll take a look into this. In the meantime, if you just type @ and then type his user name you’ll create a mention for him - @Modiphius-Lloyd - like that.

That’ll alert him, and when he’s back from UKGE, he’ll get back to you.

Thanks!

1 Like

i’ll be there too

1 Like

I have been trying to PM the mods too, but it appears I can’t send any personal messages to them, either as a group or individuals?

So… is there a way to message people privately, or I have to use @mention in a public thread?

I have no idea. But the system told me to message @Modiphius-Lloyd to get a badge or something. Hopefully he sees this. I would be very thankful!

-A

I am also trying to message @Modiphius-Lloyd regarding the Silver Shield category, which I think I was approved for but can’t see. Still doesn’t seem to be a way to send a private message.

It will be more effective to email Lloyd at lloyd@modiphius.com.

According to my summary page, I’m a “basic” user, which should be allowed to send PMs. But I can’t see that functionality here.

Infact I can’t even see my “inbox”, like I can on other Discourse sites. (Despite having received two introductory messages from bots), so something is weird about this Discourse site’s config.

(Edit: I can however manually access my inbox by directly going to the url: https://forums.modiphius.com/u/pod/messages. But there’s not a new message button like on other Discourse sites)

According to the discourse bigwigs PMs have been disabled for normal members, only moderators are allowed to send them.

Was this intentional? I want to send another member a PM but can’t, so I’ll have to spam a public thread about a tangential aside.