Private Messages

Hmm, I thought I saw a way to do this but…

Can we send private messages between people on the Forums? if so how?

2 Likes

Hi there. Currently there is no way to send private messages, no.

Sorry about that!

1 Like

Is this supported by the Discourse in the first place or it is a feature that is not available and must be either developed or purchased?

2 Likes

It is possible to implement, but we’re concentrating on the main platform as somewhere to establish currently.

As always, nothing is ruled out for the future, but (in the interests of full disclosure) it’s not on our roadmap at the moment.

2 Likes

Got it, it will be there when it is. Is this feature out of the box in Discourse or you have to develop it?

I don’t see in the Basic or Advanced features any mention of private messaging faculty and I wonder :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a basic set of functionality, but we’d make sure we took a look at how it’s set up exactly. There might be some extra development, or not - depending on how it works and how we want to implement it.

Hope that’s useful - sorry it’s pretty vague, but anything we’d do with it is pretty conceptual at the moment. And wouldn’t want to say things are happening for certain until we know more.

2 Likes

Yes, it is enough. I am just curious, as I am evaluating this platform for private forums, but the hosting is not supporting the PostgreSQL. I haven’t had time to make local install on virtual machine, maybe some day.

Thanks for the reply and keep the great work, I love how the forums are developing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes