Joining a Virtual Game

Good evening all! It’s been awhile since I posted here and I just finally got my hands on the Delta Quadrant book -and it reignited my desire to play.

I know this is a long shot, but I am looking to really get into a game. Current situation around pandemic keeps me at home, and current professional goals keep me too busy to run my own campaign. But, I certainly would enjoy putting aside time each week to join a virtual group if anyone is willing.

Anyways, I’m in Eastern Time, US. And, despite being unable to leave home, I can’t give up Friday night with the wife -but, I am flexible weekends and willing to do a weeknight (excluding Friday) if anyone so happens to have a game going then. So, if anyone has an existing game that could use one more or if some people want to discuss the possibility of a new game, I’d love to discuss. I posted in Reddit too, but no response there thus far.

Recognizing I haven’t been active at all here, here’s some quick things about my background with Star Trek and STA.

I started my own campaign last year -I could continue (i.e. I know players who are ready and willing). But, I have too many things on my plate to allocate sufficient time to creating solid stories (I’m really detail-oriented and don’t want to under-deliver in terms of storytelling). With that in mind, I have some experience with the system and have all quadrant and division supplements. It has been a few months since I’ve actually done anything in the system however, so might have to dust off a bit.

In either case, I also have an abundance of Trek knowledge -perhaps not as much as I used to, but I’ve seen all the series a few times at least (excluding those on CBS All Access). With that said, if I’m being honest, I prefer 24th century settings. I have lots of characters I’ve created, or can created one that fits into a specific ship/crew/storyline. I may not have enough time to devote to an entire narrative, but you’ll find I get very into character and creating detailed backgrounds.

Anyways, if you read all this, thanks. And, if not, thanks for glancing I guess? In either case, if anyone here does happen to have a game or want to start one that might fit in my time limitations, please let me know. Or, if you know of a place I can look for active games, let me know that as well.

As I alluded to, I could probably get some other players as well if someone is just looking to start a new game but needs multiple additional crew members.

Live long and prosper.

1 Like

I am running a game via play by post on a proboards website. The posting rate is roughly 2-3 times a week, that could allow for more with certain non player characters. We are set in 2371 aboard an Intrepid Class Starship the USS Odyssey. We haven’t started our first mission yet but we are preparing to, the mission space right now is in neutral space near Breen claimed space.

1 Like

Are you still looking to join a game?

I don’t want to hijack this post, but should you be looking for players, I’m currently looking for a virtual group.

Where are you located?

Germany. And I’m both a night owl and fairly autonomous in my work schedule, so there might be a solution for many time zone complications (I hope…)

I’m French, I’m mastering a STA table but will love to play. I’m looking for 3-4 hours sessions on any VTT or Discord. I can play anytime but not late at night GMT +1, I’m not a Denobulian, I need to sleep.