Infinity Character Creator

I’m also looking forward to the Aleph material being added, but I noticed last night that stats from the unemployed career still aren’t working properly, so I guess that takes priority.

2 Likes

Looks like languages aren’t getting populated now.

1 Like

This is the most handy program ever! please keep it updated with aleph and yujing please.

this games deserves the best.

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct! I apologize for not having the time to add these books to the tool. Whenever I have had time to do any tool development, I have always prioritized Conan and Star Trek before Infinity, mostly because Infinity takes more that double the time and effort, due to the complexity of the system compared to those other titles. I am hoping to be able to find some time during the summer.

7 Likes

pssst don’t forget Mutant Chronicles …

4 Likes

I don’t blame you, as I said, millions thing to do and some setting that probably sell better are logically prioritized. Infinity rpg hold a special place in my little gamer heart, and I’m probably not the only one :blush:. Anyway it’s nice to have news nonetheless, thank you for your message!

2 Likes

Great to hear this still moving ahead. I’ve been trying to generate characters from the Aleph supplement manually, and I understand why it would take a lot of your time.

Is there anywhere I can go for help with genrating characters manually?

1 Like

One of the folks on one of the Discord channels has spotted a bug in the Uplift generation path in the Character Creator. It seems to skip the Faction step (it has to be Nomads, which should cost 1LP to select, unless that is a free pick for an Uplift, but give the Faction Signature Skill and Talent), and the Education step (and all that provides).

1 Like

I understand. But it is only going to get worse the longer you wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Is there anything we could do yo help out? like data entry into excel or something.
I like playing ALEPH…but the new options are not int he sheet. also it would be nice to have the Geist life path options.

2 Likes

Please sir, can I have some updates?

Echoing @Daeglan here, too. Let us know if there’s any data entry or things we could do to help shoulder some load, @Christoffer.

If I’m not mistaken @Christoffer is no longer working on the character creators, I think I read that in the Conan section, the 1.000.000 dollars question is: Is there someone working on the character creator web pages at this moment?

1 Like

It is up on ■■■ now… I just am not a programmer

fwiw, i’d also be down to contribute any way i can. the character creator is a really good tool. would be a shame for it languish because it became too much for one volunteer to take on. totally understand if Christoffer has to step back from supporting the creator across multiple games, especially in a year like 2020 when literally everything else is going on, but it would be nice if either Modiphius or other members of the community could get access and help carry the load to keep a valuable tool updated.

I know this is an old thread, but I have to say this is a great character creator for such a wonderful game. Although there are still some bugs in it. You can’t make Helot characters (the creator crashes when you get to the youth event, and you can’t select anything for when playing a Nomad character having to choose between jail or becoming a Jaguar). Still, I hope someone continues working on this creator and adds Mercenaries and Aleph and the other books too.

1 Like

unfortunately, based on a post from late last year it seems like these online tools are not going to be supported going forward. i switched my players over to manual character creation for Yu Jing characters early this year. it’s cumbersome but it does help everyone understand the lifepath system better. would be nice to see the tool updated but i wouldn’t pin hopes on new books being added or broken stuff being updated.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true. A shame though. It was a great system.

Still, you are right: it does help everyone understand the lifepath system better. I might just use manual character creation too to do some work on some mercenary and Nomad characters (I have a Nomad wardriver character I’ve been thinking of doing).

1 Like

Is there someone updating the character Creator or not. If not can someone release the code that someone can update it or even create a brand new one.

3 Likes

it’s not up to date. don’t know if this post from the creator is still relevant, but maybe this will point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Omg! I hadn’t seen his post, I’ll take a look at the infinity code now to see what I can do.

1 Like